Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
The cuisine is traditional bistro faire, with its voted best in town French onion soup, baked escargots and duck confit. Soon as you set foot at Mathilde, you will feel like you are back in Paris.
Mathilde Bistro is also the sister restaurant of L'ardoise Bistro.
An invitation to our limited tranquil Omakase Sushi Bar area. Immerse yourself into an intimate experience with the chef and the exclusive drink service. Omakase begins at 5:00pm, 5:30pm, 7:30pm, and at 8:00pm.
- Omakase Bar seatings are where you can directly interact with the chefs in action right in front,
- Omakase Table seatings are cozy tables against wall where you are offered with the full omakase dishes and drinks.
If you seek for more casual settings with a la carte dishes, cocktails, whiskies with an award winning bartender in action right in front of you, we recommend you to make a reservation at our sister restaurant at 'Sushi Sato', or kindly inquire within for available seatings.
If you have allergies or dietary restrictions, please kindly let us know ahead of time. We will do our best to accommodate.
Our cuisine is inspired from the Mediterranean coast and has strong Californian influences. The menu shifts frequently to utilize the best and freshest ingredients any season has to offer. Also, we pride ourselves on all of our house made desserts and ice creams.
Of equal importance, Frascati has become known for having an eclectic wine list which nicely complements the food.
HK Lounge Bistro has been reborn in the SoMa district. We specialize in handmade Dim Sum and Hong Kong Style Chinese cooking.
Walk-in are welcome but reservations are highly recommended. You may also call the restaurant and speak with our host for availability.
Sorry. Small space restaurant. We do not accept strollers in the restaurant. Thank you for your understanding
Please understand we have 10 tables in our dining room, for that reason we do have the policy below.
Cancellation policy: If cancelled after the 48 hour window,
we charge the card on file $195 per person.
For parties over 4 people, one weeks notice is needed for a cancellation. If cancelled after the 5 working day window, we charge the card on file $195 per person.
Our owner/ chef Andy, originated from Taipei, Taiwan, has over 20 collective years experience in the restaurant industry.
We are following the health guidelines to keep our guests and staff safe. Due to these circumstances, we kindly ask that you do not show up early or late, and honor a 1.5 hour maximum duration to your reservation.
Mr. Tipple’s is a craft cocktail bar featuring live jazz.
Reservations have a 90min time limit from reservation time.
There is a $20/guest min for table service
Mr. Tipple’s heralds back to a 1950s NYC basement. Cozy. Dark. Boozy. The intimate setting features local jazz artists up close and personal. It’s a joint where you come as you are, hear great music, tap your toes, and sip a properly chilled cocktail.
My name is Mr. Tipple. Just a simple and laughable bloke hailing from London. I run a recording studio. My friends joke that you’ll oft find me spinning cocktails, not reeling tape. After a few too many, I usually just sit back and enjoy the music, having forgotten to hit record. Regardless, the band is always jiving, the whiskey is always cold, and we’re having a smashing good time.
Open table favorite, Caffe Fiore is where European café culture meets fine Italian cuisine on the Mission/Noe Valley corridor in San Francisco. Serving classic Neapolitan and contemporary Italian favorite dinner, our kitchen offers a fine selection of homemade dishes Tuesday thru Saturday . Whether it’s just for a glass of wine or a big dinner party, we look forward to seeing you at our home away from home, just a block away from the bustle of Valencia Street!
Nestle into one of our bay window seats and enjoy conversation over a plate of charcuterie with the perfect glass of Bordeaux. Chef Sarraih's prepares seasonal specialties as well as favorite French classics like Steak Frites, and Duck Confit. And the custard soaked Croissant French Toast is not to be missed if you stop by for brunch on our sunny terrace.
- OTOpenTable DinerSan Francisco Bay Area •1 review5.0Dined 4 days agoAmazing. Loved the food. Chefs were very friendly. Affordable price for one of the best meals I’ve had in my life. Thank you Chef GavinMore infoHinata SushiPrice: Very Expensive• Sushi• Civic Center / Hayes Valley / Van Ness•4.8
- KNKNBNorCalvipSan Francisco Bay Area •47 reviews5.0Dined 5 days agoThe lechón cubano was delicious. The pork was tender and flavorful. Attentive service but not intrusive. Nice place. Close to Civic Center Bart station.More info¡Chao Pescao!Price: Moderate• Latin American• Civic Center / Hayes Valley / Van Ness•4.6
- OTOpenTable DinerSan Francisco Bay Area •1 review5.0Dined on Nov 25, 2023The most amazing sushi/sake experience either of us ever had. It was more like immersive art. I was looking for something special for my fiancé’s birthday, and we were beyond happy with this choice. Expensive, yes, it isn’t something I can afford to do every day. But it was well worth the splurge.More infoSato OmakasePrice: Very Expensive• Sushi• Tenderloin•4.9
- ALAshleyLSan Francisco Bay Area •3 reviews5.0Dined on Oct 22, 2023We had dinner here on a Saturday night before going to a show at the Orpheum. The man who checked us in was so friendly and welcoming. He recommended we try the burger, the steak, and the salmon, which were all delicious! Even my daughter, who rarely finishes a meal, polished off her entire burger. It's a really relaxing setting, with lots of vinyl records on shelves around the restaurant (apparently you can bring one of your own in a swap it for one of theirs). We will definitely be dining there again!More infoChambers Eat + DrinkPrice: Moderate• Mediterranean• Downtown / Union Square•4.4
- OTOpenTable DinerSan Francisco Bay Area •2 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023We went for the Insta-worthy experience and were not disappointed. From the DJ to the cozy booth by the secret door, we were entertained by the place itself. Then the yummy food came and everyone was raving. Stuffed French toast, inventive drinks and Loco Moco pleased us all.More infoSon & Garden - San FranciscoPrice: Moderate• Breakfast• Civic Center / Hayes Valley / Van Ness•4.5
San Francisco’s 10 most exciting restaurant debuts of 2023
San Francisco’s most thrilling restaurant debuts of the year include an acclaimed Thai gem and a buzzy trattoria from an award-winning hospitality group.
4 freewheeling, fun restaurant trends that emerged in 2023
Maximalism, a bigger focus on the bar, transportive meals, and other restaurant trends to know from the year gone by.
LGBTQ-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in San Francisco
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find LGBTQ-owned and -operated restaurants to support from coast to coast. Book a table at one of these spots to dine out (and proud!) for Pride month and beyond.
Asian-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support Near San Francisco
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Asian-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
A Guide to the Best Date Spots in the Bay Area
Conversations begin on Bumble but they get even deeper IRL. When it’s time to move from direct messaging to direct eye contact, find a table for two. And to make it super easy, OpenTable and Bumble are teaming up to help you find the best date spots in your city. Find a restaurant that fits your style, whether you want drinks on a patio or a special four-course meal, OpenTable can help you choose the cuisine, seating area, and even book unique experiences with nearby restaurants. Download the Bumble app to find your match, and check the list below to find your table.
Discover San Francisco
Farm-to-table is everywhere now, but it was here first. Just north of San Francisco, the values-forward counties of Marin and Sonoma offer an abundance of sustainably sourced produce. Of course, there’s more to eat in the Bay than leafy greens alone though—don’t miss the mainstays like Cioppino (a seafood stew best eaten with thick-cut garlic bread), Mission-style burritos, local oysters and Neapolitan pizza where pizzerias around town war for the ultimate version. The city has long been home to distinct international flavors, so for authentic dim sum, Chinatown tops the charts. The Mission is ablaze with longstanding taquerias, steakhouses and a new wave of artisanal bakeries and coffee houses. And the Fisherman’s Wharf, while touristy, is the spot for Bay caught seafood. From there, we recommend walking to Crissy Field for Golden Gate Bridge gazing and sparkling sunshine.
Stadium or Arena
Underground railway station
Hotel / Lodging
Frequently asked questions
The most romantic restaurant in San Francisco is Scoma's Fisherman's Wharf