Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Come and experience it yourself!
Zacatlán Restaurant desires to continue to preserve the traditions for our upcoming generations, while bringing forth new flavors. These new flavors incorporate Southwestern and Mexican influences. We are established near the Santa fe Plaza, right off of Guadalupe Street. We want to unveil a new fusion of food for everyone in Santa Fe and those who visit.
Nothing evokes the mystery of Mexican cuisine more than mole, a sauce of complex flavors that usually includes toasted and ground spices, seeds, nuts, chocolate and chile. Many mole recipes contain more than thirty ingredients and some recipes have five varieties of chile alone. Chef Olea is delighted to share his moles that include his "New Mexican Mole" that he created to commemorate Santa Fe’s 400 year anniversary in 2009. The large mural in the main dining room, was painted and presented to Chef Olea by Federico Leon De La Vega, a well- known artist from Mexico City.
Our culinary team masterfully creates stunning Contemporary New American cuisine with global influences and Executive Chef Myles Lucero changes our menu seasonally to reflect the time and freshest ingredients at hand. Each dish is carefully crafted from the finest ingredients, locally sourced when possible, and organic, sustainable and fair trade items preferred.
Prairie Star serves prix fixe menus on major holidays, and you can find details at prairiestarrestaurant.com. We are closed Christmas Day and New Years Day.
We leave a select amount of tables available for walk-ins each evening.
- OTOpenTable DinerNew Mexico •4 reviews5.0Dined 1 day agoFantastic food, great atmosphere, and fantastic service. Will absolutely eat here again. Probably one of the better places in ABQ.More infoM'tuccis Bar RomaPrice: Moderate• Italian• University of New Mexico South•4.5
- YYummynuke96vipNew Mexico •41 reviews5.0Dined 2 days agoDefinitely will return for the delicious lunch special!!More infoM'tucci's Twenty-fivePrice: Moderate• Italian• Albuquerque•4.5
- SASarahANew Mexico •8 reviews5.0Dined 3 days agoThey took such wonderful care of my firend for her 60th bday, from the flower arrangement to a surprise champagne toast Mil gracias <3More infoSeasons 52 - AlbuquerquePrice: Expensive• American• Albuquerque•4.8
- MMalcolmNew Mexico •4 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 2, 2023The food was great, however, I didn't care for the crowded parking. The problem with mall parking is that there are now far too many other restaurants and shops that have been constructed on former empty parking spots to "revitalize" the deteriorating malls. So, what you have today is hard to find parking spots near the mall.More infoFogo de Chão - AlbuquerquePrice: Moderate• Brazilian• Albuquerque•4.1
- OTOpenTable DinerNew Mexico •2 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 2, 2023Wonderful good, service and management made our Anniversary very special!More infoRuth's Chris Steak House - AlbuquerquePrice: Expensive• Steakhouse• Albuquerque•4.6
Discover New Mexico
If Mexican-style cuisines were rated on a scale from Tex-Mex to truly authentic, New Mexican cooking would fall somewhere in the middle of that continuum. A style all its own, it relies heavily on two things: cheese and chiles. In this state, chiles and the sauces made from them come in both red and green varieties. While red chiles have a bit of a kick, be forewarned that green ones are hot, hot, hot! A beloved dish is the green chile cheeseburger, which brings the heat to an American classic. Cheese and chiles aren't just for dinner; in the morning, locals enjoy these favorite ingredients in hearty breakfast burritos.
Frequently asked questions
- South San Pedro Shopping Center
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Albuquerque Historic Old Town
- Atalaya Park
- Ghost Ranch Abiquiu
- Kit Carson State Park Cemetery Historical Marker
- Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort and Spa
- Courtyard by Marriott Albuquerque
- Sandia Peak Aerial Tramway
- Pecos National Monument Historical Marker
- Hotel Andaluz
- Taos Ski Valley
- The Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown Hotel
- Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces - Heritage Hotels and Resorts
- Nob Hill Shopping Center
- Site of San Agustin Springs Historical Marker
- Jemez Springs Bath House
- Meteorite Museum
- Hyatt Place Albuquerque Uptown
- Hotel Santa Fe & Spa
- Menaul Shopping Center