Make a free reservation
Available for breakfast now in South Carolina
Restaurant experiences trending in South Carolina
Check out diners' favorite restaurants in Charleston
Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Entice Your Senses While You Dine in our Fine Art Gallery. Innovative International Cuisine featuring Local Seafood, Grassfed Beef as well as Vegan, Vegetarian & Gluten Free Menu Options. Also offering Live Musical Entertainment, Artists Creating at the Easel, Patio Seating
Private Dining Room Available for up to 35 People
Wine Spectator Award of Excellence
As owners, Kenneth Norcutt and Tracy Smith are involved in every aspect of the restaurant. Our travels, extensive background, and passion for food and wine enable us to share our experiences with you in our small community of North Myrtle Beach, SC. We are a small family dedicated to an intimate culinary adventure, a playground for lovers of wine and fine cuisine.
We invite you to Drink, Dine & Discover.
The bar’s stunning pink hue reflects a piece of Charleston history: marble that once clad the library building where Hotel Bennett stands. The marble was reclaimed, restored and now graces the bar and tabletops. The egg-shaped room design was inspired by the famous Faberge jewel boxes and features four pieces of art which depict the Camellia flower. Reflective finishes, including an etched-mirror ceiling and beautiful strings of crystal cascading from the chandelier, add both shimmer and style to the atmosphere.
A Savannah native, Charlie Golson’s interest in the French language and culture took him to Paris. After a long stint in the fast paced hotel kitchens of Washington DC, he was ready to move back closer to home. It was at that time he was able to open up a one room French bistro. The restaurant has grown over the years, but the ‘Green Star’ remains steadfast in offering the finest ingredients the Low country has to offer with a menu that is hand written daily. Resort Casual.
See what locals rave about in Charleston
- MMarySouth Carolina •7 reviews4.0Dined 2 days agoThe steaks were delicious. The seafood pasta was very bland. The Shrimp dip appetizer was subpar for such a nice place. The scallops were rather small. The service was great as was the atmosphere. The patio live music was very good also. This was our second time and there is just too much competition to have a few flaws. We certainly will try again and will recommend to others. Sorry for a few complaints, but a few easy changes may improve the dishes. Thx.More infoSmoked$$$$• American• Columbia•4.3
- JCJohnC1 review5.0Dined 2 days agoExcellent as always. I love this place--small, quiet and out of the way of a lot of traffic, yet at the center of our entertaining district. Food was exceptional as were the cocktails. Easily, the best culinary experience of farm to table and cocktails in Columbia.More infoMotor Supply Company Bistro$$$$• Contemporary American• Columbia•4.8
- ZCZeeCCharlotte •3 reviews4.0Dined 4 days agoThe Blue Marlin was just ok, but not necessarily a restaurant I would recommend personally nor the guests that were with me. The food was just ok, The seafood gumbo was too spicy with no seafood in it. The green beans that came with the Mahi fish were more than just al dente. They needed to be cooked just a little longer. The seafood platter was ok. However my petite Shrimp and Grits bowl was fine. The best part of the meal was the dessert: Creme Brulle Cheesecake and Key lime pie.More infoBlue Marlin$$$$• Low Country• Columbia•4.6
- DADonnaA2 reviews5.0Dined 4 days agoOur waiter was the best that our group has experienced in a while - wish I would have remembered his name! Excellent service from beginning to end!More infoCalifornia Dreaming-Columbia$$$$• American• Columbia•4.4
- DLDLockNew York / Tri-State Area •42 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023The food quality speaks well for itself. But, the service was 2nd to none. Our server Trey was just the perfect mix of attentive, pleasant, and engaging. And, he was well supported by the supplemental staff. Very highly recommended.More infoRuth's Chris Steak House - Columbia$$$$• Steakhouse• Columbia•4.3
Get inspired by our collections of the top restaurants in Charleston
Charleston’s 8 Greatest Restaurants
Together, these old and new restaurants offer a snapshot of the best of Charleston dining right now.
Charleston’s 9 best outdoor dining setups
Charleston’s best restaurants for outdoor dining come with breathtaking views, scenic streetside tables, and charming patios.
Celebrate your special occasions at these top 14 Charleston restaurants
Celebrating is what Charleston does best, and food is practically a religion in the Holy City. Most festive restaurants in this historically complex, cobblestone town serve cuisine that’s heavily influenced by the locale. The past is infused in every bite: vibrant Gullah Geechee culture, kept alive by descendants of West Africans who were brought to America’s southeastern coast as enslaved people, is well-represented in dishes rich with okra, grits, rice, and collards. Seafood—specifically, shellfish—graces practically every menu. Whether your reason for celebrating is a birthday, anniversary, promotion, or simply just because, the city’s thriving restaurant scene has the ideal spot. These are the 14 best restaurants in Charleston to ring in any special occasion.
6 New Restaurants to Book in Charleston This Spring
What defines Southern hospitality more than a steaming communal table of Lowcountry boil or shrimp and grits? While those standbys, fueled by the bounty of the surrounding creeks and rivers, still form the soul of Charleston dining, the Holy City is expanding its culinary universe. These new restaurants, ranging from the city’s only food hall to an Indian fusion restaurant, pay tribute to Charleston’s history while increasing its global appeal.
8 romantic restaurants in Charleston for every kind of date
Romance fills Charleston’s cobblestone streets, candlelit verandas, and fiery sunsets. That signature Lowcountry charm also distinguishes the city’s best date-night restaurants. At an oyster bar on King Street, window seats and fried fish baskets take the edge off first-date jitters. For a transportive evening complete with lamb kebabs and anise cocktails, couples hit one of the area’s only Lebanese restaurants. A classic steakhouse in a restored bank makes an elegant backdrop for an unforgettable proposal. There’s a table for every kind of date night in one of the South’s most scenic cities. Read on for a guide to 8 Charleston restaurants ready to host your next romantic occasion.
The best places to grab a drink in Charleston
Charleston’s best bars range from high-end cocktail lounges to charming wine bars and tried-and-true neighborhood escapes.
Discover South Carolina
Charleston takes southern charm to a whole new level. In fact, the city snagged the #1 spot on Travel & Leisure’s World’s Best Cities list in 2016. The combination of elegant historic architecture, cobblestone streets, balmy weather, and southern cuisine makes it a winner. Along the South Carolina coast, the resort towns of Myrtle Beach and Hilton Head are full of restaurants serving Atlantic seafood and new American specials. Further inland, Greenville is gaining a reputation for being a burgeoning restaurant hub of the south.
Frequently asked questions
Celebrate special occasion at the best restaurants in Charleston. Our customers recommend Clark's Seafood and Chop House, The Parson's Table and Charlie's Coastal Bistro (L'etoile Verte)
As of June 10, 2023 there are 347 restaurants in Charleston. Filter by “outdoor dining”, “romantic” or “dog friendly”.
On OpenTable we support all cuisines. Find American, Seafood, Italian, Steakhouse, Contemporary American and more. Use our filters to find exactly what you’re looking for and make your reservation today.
Yes! We partner with restaurants in Charleston who deliver with Uber Eats, Postmates, ChowNow, Toast, Olo.
Yes, you can also see restaurants near you offering takeout.
Yes! OpenTable provides free, convenient and trusted options to book the best restaurants in Charleston either on OpenTable or directly with the restaurant.
Yes, we partner with a third party to bring back menu information for restaurants near you.
- Marina Inn at Grande Dunes
- Littlejohn Coliseum
- Coastal Mall Shopping Center
- Aloft Greenville Downtown
- Crown Reef Resort and Waterpark
- Congaree National Park Wilderness
- Harbor Island SC - K108 Cedar Reef Villas
- Hampton Inn Charleston-Historic District
- Charleston Waterfront Park
- The Peace Center
- Tanger Outlets Hilton Head
- Riverbanks Zoo And Botanical Garden
- Sea Pines Forest Preserve
- Royal Palms 704
- North Charleston Coliseum Performing Arts Center
- The Market Common
- Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa
- Haywood Mall Shopping Center
- Best Western Plus - Columbia North East
- Charleston Historic District
- 50 South Carolina Restaurants to Connect In For Mother's Day
- Celebrate your special occasions at these top 14 Charleston restaurants
- 8 restaurants vital to Charleston
- 6 New Restaurants to Book in Charleston This Spring
- 5 cutting-edge restaurants to visit now in Charleston
- Charleston Wine + Food Festival Restaurants
- Charleston’s 9 best outdoor dining setups
- 100 South Carolina Restaurants to Love This Valentine's Day
- Charleston’s 8 Greatest Restaurants
- The best places to grab a drink in Charleston