Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Our philosophy is unique in many ways. We have an ingredient first approach, which means we handle ingredients as minimally as possible through the cooking process. We source the highest quality ingredients we can find and let them shine. Our recipes are as authentic as possible, no sous vide or modernist cuisine can be found here."
The restaurant is named after the largest open-air produce market in Vienna, Austria. Austria’s history and geography influence much of its cuisine. Austria was once the center of the large Austro-Hungarian Empire stretching from France to Russia and from the Baltic Sea to Turkey, imparting a varied heritage to Austria's cuisine. Located in the center of Europe, Austria’s modern-day cuisine is influenced by surrounding countries like Germany, Hungary, Italy, and even France.
Get your taste buds racing with some shrimp spring rolls before diving into a delicious entrée of crisp-fried whole Mediterranean striped bass served with a sambal shellfish sauce. Complement it with a specialty cocktail, made using traditional ingredients. Visit the bar between 5 p.m. and 6 p.m. and enjoy great Happy Hour discounts. In addition to its elegant dining room, Tamarine also offers semi-private and private dining areas for guests who prefer a little more intimacy or wish to host a company dinner. The restaurant's elegant setting makes it an ideal pick for an after-hours cocktail.
Cafe Pro Bono is Palo Alto’s crowning jewel for exceptional Italian food. For over 30 years we’ve been serving a wide variety of authentic, reasonably priced Italian and European dishes with a freshness you can see and taste!
As the recipient of Palo Alto Weekly’s ‘Best Italian Restaurant’ in 2021, 2022 and 2023, we’re extremely proud and thankful for our wonderful CPB family of diners who were especially loyal during the height of the pandemic.
Through the creativity of CPB owner Akif Aydin and our head chef Ignacio Cortez, our menu includes delicious, attractively presented appetizers, fresh pastas, fresh fish, steaks, chicken, salads, sandwiches and homemade desserts. We also have a full bar, so enjoy your favorite cocktails, ‘0 Proof’ cocktails - or one of our domestic or international wines from our extensive wine list.
Hope to see you soon!
In consideration of the overall guest experience, we will no longer be admitting children under the age of 7 **with the exception of Mother's Day Brunch, when guests of all ages are welcome.**
You will enjoy the absolute best heated and covered patio in all of Palo Alto. We have instituted all health and safety precautions to ensure all of our guests and employees feel safe and can enjoy themselves. If you have any questions, please contact us and our team will take the pleasure of assisting you.
The Sea By Alexander's Steakhouse is the bay area's premier seafood dining destination. The restaurant distinguishes itself by focusing on rich sumptuous morsels from the sea, prepared with modern technique and flair. Chef Pratik Mungre blends contemporary cuisine with Japanese sensibility and ingredients to transform The Sea's menu into the extraordinary. Experience The Sea at its best.
Taverna has been created to make people happy and feel alive.
In 2005, Annie and Craig Stoll annexed the space next door to their James Beard Award winning Delfina restaurant fulfilling a long time dream of bringing Neapolitan-inspired pizzas to San Francisco. The 600 square foot space was an instant neighborhood hotspot, and Pizzeria Delfina became the ""darling of the San Francisco food scene"" opening a second location in 2008 to popular demand.
In 2014, Annie and Craig expanded into the Peninsula with Pizzeria Delfina in Palo Alto.
This energetic, farmers-to-table restaurant serves up Neapolitan-inspired pizza complemented by a daily-changing roster of seasonal antipasti, piatti (small entrees), beer, wine and more. A family-owned business, Pizzeria Delfina is a neighborhood establishment through and through that continues to bring people together around fresh, handmade, delicious food in a warm, casual atmosphere.
Bazille - Nordstrom Palo Alto is our approach of an upscale yet casual restaurant, located on the third floor of Nordstrom, near the At Home department, in the Stanford Shopping Center. The French doors and exhibition kitchen create an energetic environment that reveals a stage for our chefs to prepare uniquely designed dishes. The Cilantro Lime Shrimp Salad and Bistro Club are two of our top sellers. In addition to the menu, we also prepare outstanding food & drink specials on a weekly basis. We have a great selection of wine & beer available, and the house made desserts are must!
We are open for dine-in and to-go orders with Curbside Pickup. Call (650) 688-2610 to place your order.
Join us for Brunch on weekends.
This casual restaurant is renowned by locals for a hearty breakfast and lunch-time favorites. In the evening, Chef Gerardo Naranjo elevates the experience with steak and seafood classics.
Fresh, seasonal and local. We offer the highest quality cage free eggs, sustainable produce and free range meats sourced locally whenever possible.
For over 55 years we have been serving the Palo Alto area with great service, consistent food, and hand squeezed orange juice!
From the team behind La Viga Seafood & Cocina Mexicana and LV Mar Tapas & Cocktails in Redwood City and lead by Chef Manuel Martinez, San Agus specializes in Mexico City street bites and crafted cocktails. Tacos al Pastor, Gorditas de Chicharron, Torta Cubana along with Artisan Mezcales, Tequilas, and refreshing beers. Friendly and knowledgeable staff are ready to give you a memorable experience!
- FfoodievipSan Francisco Bay Area •41 reviews5.0Dined todayI love coming here. The food is simply delicious, the vibe is great and the prices are absolutely reasonable. My friends and I shared a bottle of prosecco, we had 2 pieces (one gluten free and the other regular) and we had some toasted bread beforehand- and it was all delicous. For dessert, we shared the soft serve and it was fantastic! Also, the waiter's description of the soft serve and panacotta were spot on. The managers and servers are fun to talk to. I look forward to returning.More infoPizzeria Delfina Palo AltoPrice: Moderate• Pizza Bar• Palo Alto•4.7
- OTOpenTable DinerDenver / Colorado •3 reviews5.0Dined 1 day agoExcellent service and amazing simple greek food. Will be returning.More infoTAVERNAPrice: Expensive• Greek• Palo Alto•4.7
- VRVictorRLondon •1 review5.0Dined 1 day agoGreat food and service, very friendly environmentMore infoMeyhouse Palo AltoPrice: Expensive• Mediterranean• Palo Alto•4.8
- LlovedessertvipSan Francisco Bay Area •15 reviews5.0Dined 2 days agoLunch for 2. We shared the mussels, lamb riblets and a salad of persimmon, endive, pomegranate seeds, walnuts and cucumber. All were very generous appetizers. The bread and the olive oil were absolutely top flight! Everything was absolutely delicious!Shared a sinful Judy’s sundae for dessert ( a very generous hot fudge sundae with hazelnuts and whipped cream.) Service was lovely! Can’t wait to go back!More infoEvviaPrice: Expensive• Mediterranean• Palo Alto•4.8
- CCallySeattle / Eastern Washington •4 reviews4.0Dined on Jan 2, 2023We arrived at 5pm for our 5pm reservation and were told by the hostess that they were still setting up the dining room. She said that we should know that our table was booked for another party at 6:45pm but "no rush". We were not seated until close to 5:15pm. I thought this was a rude way to welcome guests . We ordered the omakase option, so the time it took to serve us all the courses was not up to us, but was up to the chef/servers. The food was all wonderful.More infoNobu Palo AltoPrice: Very Expensive• Japanese• Palo Alto•4.6
San Francisco’s 10 most exciting restaurant debuts of 2023
San Francisco’s most thrilling restaurant debuts of the year include an acclaimed Thai gem and a buzzy trattoria from an award-winning hospitality group.
4 freewheeling, fun restaurant trends that emerged in 2023
Maximalism, a bigger focus on the bar, transportive meals, and other restaurant trends to know from the year gone by.
LGBTQ-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in San Francisco
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find LGBTQ-owned and -operated restaurants to support from coast to coast. Book a table at one of these spots to dine out (and proud!) for Pride month and beyond.
Asian-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support Near San Francisco
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Asian-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
A Guide to the Best Date Spots in the Bay Area
Conversations begin on Bumble but they get even deeper IRL. When it’s time to move from direct messaging to direct eye contact, find a table for two. And to make it super easy, OpenTable and Bumble are teaming up to help you find the best date spots in your city. Find a restaurant that fits your style, whether you want drinks on a patio or a special four-course meal, OpenTable can help you choose the cuisine, seating area, and even book unique experiences with nearby restaurants. Download the Bumble app to find your match, and check the list below to find your table.
Frequently asked questions
The most romantic restaurant in Palo Alto is Sundance The Steakhouse
- Palo Alto Square Shopping Center
- Sunset Magazine Headquarters And Gardens
- Cardinal Hotel
- Weisshaar Park
- Ramos Park
- Charleston Shopping Center
- Ohlone Playground
- Palo Alto Baylands Nature Preserve
- Eleanor Park
- Ray Field
- California Ave Caltrain Station
- Palo Alto Municipal Golf Course
- Glass Slipper Inn - Stanford Palo Alto
- Crowne Plaza Cabana Hotel
- The Zen Hotel
- Comfort Inn Palo Alto
- El Camino Park
- Sheraton Palo Alto Hotel
- Coronet Motel
- Stanford University