Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Award winning fresh and healthy Italian food. Homemade pastas, pizza and gelato. Local produce, seafood and quality meat using authentic Italian family recipes. Full bar with oversized fireplace and a short walk to the beach at Princeton Harbor. Romantic getaway for two and private venue for weddings, business and special events. Located 25 miles north of San Francisco and short drive from San Mateo peninsula, off Highway 1 near Half Moon Bay. Private parking lot and street parking available. Voted Favorite Overall and Best Italian restaurant by locals.
We offer a full bar, domestic and imported Peruvian beers and a hand selected wine list. Come try our Pisco Sour – a classic Peruvian cocktail – and experience all that La Costanera has to offer...
We were originally located in Burlingame, but have moved to a new location, nestled in the heart of downtown Half Moon Bay. Our new location allows us flexibility to serve large groups, parties of two, or anything in between. We have options for private dining experiences (e.g. work parties, birthday parties, etc.)
Happy Hour specials are offered Sunday-Thursday, 3:00-5:30. We look forward to welcoming you!
Featured on NBC’s The Today Show, named “Best Outdoor Dining in the Bay Area” by SF Magazine, and “Best Seafood Restaurant in San Mateo County” by San Jose Magazine.
We look forward to seeing you!
- RRoarSan Francisco Bay Area •8 reviews5.0Dined 1 day agoExcellent as always. Great table, delicious food and an outstanding wait person Sarah. Thanks for a wonderful time.More infoSam's Chowder HousePrice: Moderate• Seafood• Half Moon Bay•4.6
- MOMaryOvipSan Francisco Bay Area •18 reviews5.0Dined 3 days agoWe celebrated our anniversary at Pasta Moon. The entire experience was outstanding. Excellent service. Delicious food. We started with the bacon wrapped figs and a persimmon salad. We had the lasagna and the eggplant parm. Both dishes were decadent and so, so good. The portions were so big that we had to take leftovers home and no room for dessert. We’ll be back!More infoPasta MoonPrice: Moderate• Italian• Half Moon Bay•4.7
- HSHankSSan Francisco Bay Area •2 reviews5.0Dined on Nov 21, 2023Great food and service. We will be back for sure!!More infoFattoria E MarePrice: Expensive• Italian• Half Moon Bay•4.6
- AAAlwaysanAdventurevipSan Francisco Bay Area •14 reviews5.0Dined on Oct 22, 2023Monsoon offers a great menu. I enjoy every vegetarian dish on the menu. Came here to celebrate a birthday and was surprised by an amazingly tasty Indian dessert. Monsoon is among my favorite restaurants in the Bay Area.More infoMonsoon Himalayan CuisinePrice: Moderate• Nepalese• Half Moon Bay•4.6
- NANANCYCSan Francisco Bay Area •1 review5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Always a treat to have brunch here. Never disappoints!More infoIt's ItaliaPrice: Moderate• Cocktail Bar• Half Moon Bay•4.6
The 10 best new San Francisco restaurants of 2023
San Francisco’s most thrilling restaurant debuts of the year include an acclaimed Thai gem and a buzzy trattoria from an award-winning hospitality group.
These stellar San Francisco restaurants have exclusive tables for APEC attendees
A local omakase favorite, comforting Burmese food, the freshest farm-to-table dishes, and more.
LGBTQ-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in San Francisco
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find LGBTQ-owned and -operated restaurants to support from coast to coast. Book a table at one of these spots to dine out (and proud!) for Pride month and beyond.
Asian-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support Near San Francisco
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Asian-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
A Guide to the Best Date Spots in the Bay Area
Conversations begin on Bumble but they get even deeper IRL. When it’s time to move from direct messaging to direct eye contact, find a table for two. And to make it super easy, OpenTable and Bumble are teaming up to help you find the best date spots in your city. Find a restaurant that fits your style, whether you want drinks on a patio or a special four-course meal, OpenTable can help you choose the cuisine, seating area, and even book unique experiences with nearby restaurants. Download the Bumble app to find your match, and check the list below to find your table.
Frequently asked questions
The most romantic restaurant in Half Moon Bay is Pasta Moon
- Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Half Moon Bay
- The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay
- Comfort Inn Half Moon Bay
- Naples Beach
- Seal Cove Inn
- Francis Beach
- Miramar Beach
- Roosevelt Beach
- Poplar Beach
- Oceano Hotel and Spa Half Moon Bay Harbor
- Martin's Beach
- Frenchmans Creek Community Park
- Half Moon Bay State Beach
- Mill Rose Inn
- Pelican Point Beach
- Beach House Half Moon Bay
- Wahleman Harbor
- Gray Whale Cove State Beach
- James V Fitzgerald Marine Reserve
- Pillar Point Harbor