- LLindaCharlotte •5 reviews5.0Dined 4 days agoWent to dinner with friends before a show. They had never been and I was worried that they would not like, but was I wrong. We ate everything we ordered, and each dish had its own unique flavor experience. Server was very attentive, and her recommendations were delicious. Love this place.More infoMariposaPrice: Expensive• Tapas / Small Plates• Uptown•4.7
- OTOpenTable DinerWest Virginia •1 review5.0Dined 4 days agoFirst time at Fahrenheit and it won’t be the last! The tuna nachos were OUTSTANDING as was the mahi and kimchi rice. Our server, Veronica, was fantastic! We will be back the next time we’re in the Queen City!More infoFahrenheit - CharlottePrice: Expensive• American• Uptown•4.3
- BLBeckyLCharlotte •10 reviews4.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Excellent food and service. Will return! There was an uncomfortable situation with another guest that the staff handled extremely well.More infoNorth Italia - CharlottePrice: Moderate• Italian• Charlotte•4.7
- PpeggywvipWashington, D.C. Area •61 reviews4.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Had dinner here on a Sunday evening before a 7pm show at the Belk Theatre. We were seated promptly but the table we were taken to had not been wiped down so that took a few minutes. Our waiter showed up promptly and two our drink orders (two glasses of a Malbec and one glass of an Italian Cab).and we ordered an appetizer (brussel sprouts as well). The brussel sprouts arrived and we asked about our drinks. We were told that the bar was "backed up" waited a few more minutes before we were told that they only had 2 glasses of wine available (one each of the malbec and the cab). Did we want a Pinot Grigio instead? We told them no but what should arrive at the table other than a pinot grigio. The server who brought the wine was very confused and so eventually I just said that I would take it as we were starting to run close on time for the show. The other two glasses of red showed up about 5-10 minutes later. The restaurant comped our brussel sprouts for us but it was a chaotic start to the meal. Food was good and the restaurant is very convenient to the theatre.More infoTupelo Honey - Uptown CharlottePrice: Moderate• American• Uptown•4.3
- RRickvipCharlotte •20 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Perfect choice for Jan. 1, 2023! We were seated right away and CiCi came to our table with a smile on her face and colorful gold nails. We felt our New Year's Eve party was continuing. We began with two glasses Tribaut Champagne. My wife selected the chicken crepe which beautiful prepared and plentiful. The Compte cheese really made it delicious. I chose the omelet Forestiere. We were taken back to a Paris Bistro. We finished our meal with two glasses of the St. Cosme. The wine list is extensive and the staff was moving about like a well oiled machine! We are already planning our return.More infoLa Belle HelenePrice: Moderate• French• Uptown•4.6
Top Hispanic Owned and Operated Restaurants in the U.S.
September 15th to October 15th brings the celebration of National Hispanic Heritage Month in the United States, a time that honors the cultures of people whose ancestors came from Central and South America, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Spain. A big part of the cultural heritage that many Latinx people share in this country is food. To honor National Hispanic Heritage Month, below find Hispanic-owned and -operated across the U.S.
Coulwood is a neighborhood known, in part, for its great food and atmosphere. This area has plenty of classic American cuisine for locals and visitors to enjoy. Everything from authentic greasy spoons to carefully sourced local ingredients are on display in the burgers, fries, and other comforting homey food. These restaurants also tend to be real gathering places for the community along with travelers and their families. Coulwood is also home to authentic Italian counter-service pizza and sandwich shops. You'll find the grinder you're looking for drizzled with olive oil just the way you like it. Finally, the area of Coulwood loves coffee, and there are plenty of local shops where folks can get a high-quality cup of java with some fresh baked goods or pastries.