Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
J Carver's Oyster Bar & Chophouse features market fresh oysters & premium wood grilled steaks. Nestled in West 6th District of Downtown Austin, John Carver, Owner and Chef delivers an elevated classic fine dining experience featuring a gorgeous raw & oyster bar and intimate dining experience.
In order to honor all reservations booked, we ask that all bookings adhere to our suggested dining time frame. Please contact our reservationist if you have additional questions. Our time frames are as follows
2 people - 2 hours
3 people - 2 hr 15 minutes
4-5 people - 2 hr 30 minutes
6-7 people - 2hr 45 minutes
8+ people - 3 hours
Please reach out to our reservationist for private dining.
We offer Valet at $12 daily
Menus are updated daily. To see today's menu, visit https://uchiaustin.com/menu
Classic coastal cooking from the Texas Gulf to the Northeastern Seaboard influences Clark's menu. A large portion of the concept is devoted to oysters, raw bar, seafood, and caviar. We procure the freshest oysters from small harvesters around North America and serve cold seafood platters featuring super fresh daily specials.
Learn more about MML Hospitality and their family of restaurants at www.mmlhospitality.com.
SP Brazilian Steakhouse serves an incredible combination of flavors from different cuts of delicious meat, all perfectly cooked to your liking. The service will make you feel like you're the only person in the whole place. With the incredible selection of delicious meats, salad bar, drinks and desserts, it is well worth the price! You are free to enjoy a wide combination of steak, lamb, ribs, chicken and as much as you could eat. That's why SP Brazilian Steakhouse is Lakeway's highest-rated restaurant on Yelp.
Our art filled dining room and garden patio are all available for walk-ins. We only take reservations for parties of 6 or more.
Guests waiting for tables are invited to have a cocktail, indulge in a caviar bump from the raw bar & lounge beneath the blue neon of our garden pagoda and meet friends old and new.
If you think you've gone too far ... keep going!
The Roosevelt Room has received the following accolades: Top Four Best American Cocktail Bar 2022 by the Spirited Awards, Top Four Best American Bar Team 2022 by the Spirited Awards, Top Five Best Cocktail Bar 2022 by Liquor.com's Liquor Awards, Austin's Best New Cocktail Bar 2015 by Thrillist, & Bar of the Year 2017 by TimeOut Austin.
RESERVATIONS ARE STRONGLY SUGGESTED. Walk-ins are welcome, but please note that there may be a short wait for the next available table. If your reservation details change, please let us know. We will do our best to accommodate last-minute alterations, but we cannot guarantee immediate seating for any additional guests. For reservations of 11+, click the "Book an Event" tab on our website.
At the end of the day, Banger's is all about being a wonderful place to eat, drink and hangout. Not too rowdy, not too laid back, just a good old fashioned good time.
Please note that we recently implemented a 20% service charge on all orders. This was done in an effort to move our entire service team towards a more stable income stream by providing a fixed and competitive hourly wage. Guests are free to tip on top of that if they feel it’s warranted, but it is never expected and you should never feel pressured to do so.
Additionally, Intero provides an authentic nod to the sweet side of Italy offering specialty house-made artisan chocolates (including truffles, barks, and sipping chocolate) along with other traditional Italian desserts in classic, seasonal and unique flavors.
Enjoy various Amari, select wines and craft cocktails indoors or out, set in Intero's modern casual atmosphere.
- EEmilyvipAustin •4 reviews5.0Dined 6 days agoSammies is one of my favorite restaurants in Austin. The food is 10/10 every time, the place is always packed, and the service is great! While booking the reservation, I had briefly mentioned I had an Irish friend visiting Texas for the first time and this was one of the MUST DO things on our list. When we arrived to our table, the staff had a hand written note welcoming her to Austin - very nice touch!More infoSammie's ItalianPrice: Expensive• Italian• Downtown•4.7
- OTOpenTable DinervipAustin •8 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Alway the same when i go there… which i prefer cause i love consistency!!! Knowledgeable servers and a cool atmosphere!!More infoJosephine HousePrice: Moderate• American• Central Austin•4.8
- AGAlexGAustin •1 review5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Friendly staff. Great food! Easy to make reservations!More infoacre 41Price: Expensive• American• Downtown•4.6
- MPMeePvipAustin •1 review4.0Dined on Feb 12, 2022They were short staffed and we got only half of our food order after 1.5 hrs. Had to go downstairs and order food.More infoOtopiaPrice: Moderate• Cocktail Bar• Downtown•4.4
- GGabbieAustin •1 review5.0Dined on Oct 9, 2020Joey, the bartender, was amazing and took care of everything!More infoBar ACPrice: Moderate• Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service• Downtown•4.4
Austin’s 8 favorite bars
Austin’s best bars range from high-end cocktail lounges to charming wine bars and tried-and-true neighborhood escapes.
Where to find Austin’s best outdoor dining
Austin’s best restaurants for outdoor dining come with breathtaking views, scenic streetside tables, and charming patios.
18 restaurants that define dining in Austin
The Texan capital’s dining scene is as spirited as its residents. Read on for a guide to 18 restaurants that are vital to Austin.
Women-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Austin
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Woman-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their identity — explore spots to support near you.
9 of Austin’s outstanding spots for celebrating special occasions
Austin loves a party. Whether you’re marking a birthday, professional achievement, a victory in your fantasy league, or even your pup’s adoptaversary, Bat City offers a special setting for every toast. There’s a swanky new steakhouse downtown, complete with caviar service. Other restaurants are celebration-worthy for their transportive powers: an hacienda-style retreat in North Loop serves regional Mexican fare or an Ethiopian place in North Central offers the ultimate family-style experience. Special occasions are as varied as the people who honor them in Austin. So book a table at one of these 9 hotspots to celebrate now.
4 Must-Try Restaurants in Austin Right Now
Austin’s dining scene is unstoppable, growing by leaps and bounds, defined by the spirit of constant renewal. Bat City’s latest batch of restaurants mirrors its fast-growing population, including a hotel chophouse by a James Beard Award nominee and a swanky, Italian-accented steakhouse. A couple of Mexican spots that offer lesser-seen regional fare, inspired by the chefs’ travels to Oaxaca and beyond, plus a casual Hill Country smokehouse from a successful Houston transplant round out the selection. Prepare to be impressed by these four promising newcomers, reflecting the best of Austin right now.
8 Gameday Tables to Book in Austin This Fall
Everything, including football season, is decidedly bigger in Texas. In Austin, gameday fever takes on epic heights thanks to the University of Texas, set in the city’s buzzy downtown. When UT’s beloved Longhorns kick off their season on September 3, many fans will ditch their couches for TV screens at an array of lively bars and restaurants, which include everything from an airy downtown rooftop to a historic German-influenced dive. Though many spots serve up that faithful beer and wings combo, others pair brews and specialty cocktails with Irish pub grub, spicy Southwestern snacks, and New York-style pizza to fuel the fun. Here is OpenTable’s guide to Austin’s 8 best spots for watching football this fall—so book'em (horns).
Discover the Top Women-Led Restaurants in the U.S. and Canada
There’s no better way to celebrate International Women’s Day than by paying a visit to one of these great restaurants — all helmed by women as chefs, managers, or owners. From running kitchens to managing multiple venues, these exceptional women are leaving their mark on the hospitality industry.
Austin’s 10 Best Burgers
The Austin culinary scene centers high-quality beef: From steakhouses to tacos to barbecue, there is no shortage of places to get the best beef. That extends to burgers, too — from a family-run spot that sources the beef on its burgers from its own ranch to burger patties made from wagyu, the restaurants in Austin let burger lovers get their fix every night of the week. Here are ten of the best burgers in the city.
Austin’s booming dining scene is one of the many reasons the vibrant capital of Texas tops just about every “best of” list that comes out. Over the last decade, Austin has made waves in industries from music and tech to filmmaking and—you guessed it—food. Speaking of food, forget any notions about Austin’s culinary scene being solely Tex-Mex, barbecue, and breakfast tacos. While all those things are still here (and delicious as ever), the food scene is brimming with energy, creativity, and new concepts. A new wave of coffee roasteries, sushi fusion restaurants, stylish eateries and juiceries have opened their doors, adding dynamism to a city on the rise.
Frequently asked questions
The most romantic restaurant in Austin is Perry's Steakhouse & Grille - Downtown Austin
- Congress Avenue Bridge
- Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown
- Gateway Square Shopping Center
- Heart of Texas Motel
- Candlewood Suites Georgetown
- Wimberley Glass Works
- Staybridge Suites Austin Northwest
- Palmer Event Center
- Long Center For The Performing Arts
- Lincoln Village Shopping Center
- Mustang Stadium
- Longhorn Caverns State Park
- Circuit of The Americas
- Omni Austin Hotel Downtown
- Round Rock Premium Outlets Cinemark Movie Theaters
- Bob Wentz Windy Point Park
- Rio Vista Park
- The Driskill
- 18 restaurants that define dining in Austin
- 38 Austin Restaurants to Connect In For Mother's Day
- Where to find Austin’s best outdoor dining
- The Best Bars for Foodies in Austin
- Austin’s 10 Best Burgers
- Discover the Best New Restaurants in Austin
- Austin’s 8 favorite bars
- Discover Trending Restaurants in Austin
- Taco-bout Tasty Tacos in Austin
- Where Chefs Eat in Austin
- 5 cutting-edge restaurants to try now in Austin
- The Best Wings in Austin
- 8 Gameday Tables to Book in Austin This Fall
- Austin’s Most Iconic Restaurants
- Women-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Austin
- 74 Austin Restaurants to Love This Valentine's Day
- 9 of Austin’s outstanding spots for celebrating special occasions
- Discover the Best Fried Chicken in Austin