Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Peace Hill Farm, owned by writer and historian Susan Wise Bauer, is a hundred-acre family farm that raises rare Leicester Longwool sheep, Angora goats, ducks, and chickens.
Our Afternoon Tea & Light Lunch offers you soup, finger sandwiches, sweets, scones, and pastries--plus tea or coffee, of course, along with a full wine list. Linger as long as you like, looking out over working farmland and sheep pastures; add a farm tour with our compliments; eat indoors or out (in nice weather, under the trees; in colder months, in front of the fireplace). Stay as long as you like, breathe deep, and enjoy.
Afterwards, browse our farm store! We produce fiber (fleeces, rovings, and beautifully finished yarns) plus lambs, kids, and free-range duck and chicken eggs.
We offer customized farm-to-table dinners--ask for details
Freshly sourced seasonal ingredients are the core of our culinary creations, where classic techniques meet modern influences in our French American cooking style. Chincoteague Island’s only all-inclusive inn and
restaurant features fresh caught seafood, prime cuts of meat, and weekly chef’s specials served in an intimate ambience found nowhere else on the island.
We invite you to indulge, relax and experience the magic of our prix fixe menus designed for our guests who love great food as much as we do.
Breakfasts are open daily by reservation only from 9am to 10am.
Afternoon Teas are available 2pm to 330pm, Thursday and Saturday.
Dinners are available featuring the most elegant dining on the island available 5pm to 7pm, Sunday to Wednesday.
We are a proud recipient of the Opentable 2022 and 2023 Diner's Choice Award, chosen by our guests!
Built in the 1880s as Roanoke's first office supply company, our vintage building has been transformed into a retro chic rendition of the classic urban restaurants of our great culinary cities. The art, furnishings, lighting, and mirrors are all found pieces of Roanoke's rich architectural history. So relax and let's start making your memories at Alexander
Together, their hope is to offer their guests a wonderful dining experience that has a comfortable, familiar atmosphere, yet that special touch of class that makes Zoës “the place to go when you absolutely must impress your guests.”
Reservations are recommended but walk-ins are always welcome.
Zoës is a completely non-smoking establishment.
Reservations are for dinner only, please. Bar seats operate on a first come, first serve basis, and cannot be reserved.
We cannot accommodate parties larger than 6. Due to the layout of our restaurant, we are unable to accommodate pets on our patio.
Austrian & European cuisine. Known for our Schnitzel, Charcuterie, Cheese and other seasonal fare. Delicious homemade desserts. German and Austrian wine from small producers, old world regional specialties, & natural wines. Unique craft cocktails hand made by our bartenders, house made infusions & syrups, eclectic spirit list, rare whiskey, rum, amaro, gin, whisky, scotch, cane & agave spirits. German beer program featuring lagers, bock and hefe weizen. Rotating drafts featuring hazy IPAs. Local cultural hot spot with energetic, social atmosphere. Great for birthday or anniversary. Fresh, locally sourced produce. Dinner Wed-Sat. and Brunch Sunday AM for luxury dining or expeditious business meal. Reservations recommended, not required. Elegant private dining and full restaurant buyouts available.
No children or pets allowed for any reservations
DINNER: Plan to arrive at 6:15 pm for a glass of bubbly and be seated for dinner at 6:30 pm. Dinner is four courses, each one paired with wine. The cost is $120.00 per person prix fixe
BRUNCH: It is a prix fixe menu paired with sparkling wine. Times available are between 11:30 am - 1:00 pm. The pricing per person is $50.
- SWSWover50New York / Tri-State Area •3 reviews5.0Dined 2 days agoSo nice to receive such truly stellar service in all aspects. Wait staff would get 10 stars in my book. Lunch was plentiful and enough for a second meal later that evening!More infoStella's - RichmondPrice: Moderate• Greek• Richmond•4.8
- EAEAPWvipVirginia •12 reviews5.0Dined 2 days agoWonderful food, excellent service...The Boathouse Hopewell never disapoints. Thank you.More infoThe Boathouse at City PointPrice: Moderate• Seafood• Richmond•4.3
- OTOpenTable Diner1 review5.0Dined 3 days agoWe went here on our trip for our honeymoon, the restaurant made it a very welcoming experience. They even gave us souvenir menus with “congratulations newly weds” on them. I got the filet mignon and she got the stuffed salmon. Both entrees were perfectly cooked and delicious. We showed up early to get parking across the street but when we left there was no spots. They were very accommodating of us arriving earlier than our reservation. Our waiter was excellent and very knowledgeable. I’ve already recommended all of my friends for when they come into Richmond.More infoBookbinder's Seafood and SteakhousePrice: Very Expensive• Steakhouse• Richmond•4.7
- JGJoelGVirginia •4 reviews4.0Dined on Sep 8, 2023Both my date and I were happy with the experience. The food exceeded out expectations. Would make a return trip.More infoAntonio's Restaurant and WinebarPrice: Moderate• Italian• Chester•4
- BMBelgicaMVirginia •3 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023The Igloo setting is perfect!! We enjoyed the privacy of it, and our waiter was awesome. He came on time for the next order and was very pleasant and attentive. The sunset was breathtaking!!! It was the perfect way to begin the year.More infoThe Boathouse at Sunday ParkPrice: Moderate• Seafood• Midlothian•4.4
A Guide to the Best Date Spots in Virginia
Conversations begin on Bumble but they get even deeper IRL. When it’s time to move from direct messaging to direct eye contact, find a table for two. And to make it super easy, OpenTable and Bumble are teaming up to help you find the best date spots in your city. Find a restaurant that fits your style, whether you want drinks on a patio or a special four-course meal, OpenTable can help you choose the cuisine, seating area, and even book unique experiences with nearby restaurants. Download the Bumble app to find your match, and check the list below to find your table.
Virginia is known for more than just delicious southern cooking; they have their own style! If you are a ham lover, look out for Virginia ham — also known as Smithfield ham. It is only legal to produce in one place in the world, Smithfield, Virginia. Virginian cuisine also includes a variety of BBQ that range from all vinegar to a vinegar-based sweetness. A hearty Brunswick stew is another mainstay of Virginia. Originally using an Appalachian flying squirrel, it now uses a variety of meats braised in this vegetable stew. Traditional Virginian apple cider and apple butter, made from Wineapples, is a real treat. Another delicacy is any seafood that is cooked with Old Bay, originally formulated with spices from a specific region of the state, the Chesapeake Bay.
Frequently asked questions
The best reviewed restaurant in Richmond is Amiraj - Modern Indian Kitchen
The best vegan restaurants in Richmond are Blue Atlas, Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Virginia Beach and Chateau Morrisette
- Hanover County Courthouse Historic District
- Sandbridge Beach
- Chesterfield Towne Center Shopping Center
- University of Virginia
- Hampton Inn & Suites Exmore - Eastern Shore
- The Oceanfront Inn - Virginia Beach
- Downtown Pedestrian Mall
- Fan District
- Boonsboro Shopping Center
- Greenbrier Mall Shopping Center
- Shockoe Slip Historic District
- Monument Avenue Historic District
- Colonial Williamsburg
- Shenandoah Crossing
- Travelodge Williamsburg Colonial Area
- William And Mary College
- Hilltop North Shopping Center
- Massanutten Resort Water Park
- Chincoteague National Wildlife Refuge