Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
We have a focus on dishes with the flavors of Greece and the true Mediterranean.
We make everything homemade in the kitchen and only use top quality items imported directly from Greece and Turkey so our customers are getting high quality fresh and healthy food.
Our menu consists of Greek classics such as Whole Lavraki (Mediterranean Seabass), Souvlaki, Pitas, Pastitsio, Moussaka and traditional sauces such as Tzatziki, Kalamatiano, Tirokafteri, etc.
Husband and wife team Matt Levin and Melanie Roth run the show here alongside a gifted, attentive and conscientious team in the front and back of the house. Come for a classic Americana-style menu with a most extensive offering of beer. Choose from 18 different Belgian styles on tap and many more in the bottle.
Casual connoisseurs unite! This place is the real deal. Whether it’s a quick lunch, a raging evening, a private event, take-out or delivery, the REFUGE experience is unlike any other place at any one time.
- MHMichaelHvipLondon •7 reviews5.0Dined 3 days agoOne of the most complete Japanese meals I’ve had in several years. The humble and very hard-working chef was trained by his uncle in Japan. A master chef who put the owner of Seiya through a hellish six year apprenticeship, the uncle provided tools that are on display in the mastery of Seiya’s nigiri. One of the great gems on the Peninsula we are definitely going to become regulars.More infoSeiyaPrice: Expensive• Japanese• San Carlos•4.6
- GMGailMvipSan Francisco Bay Area •1 review5.0Dined 4 days agoHad a wonderful Birthday celebration at Cask. The chicken Picatta was very good and the service was excellent! Looking forward to dining there again!!More infoThe Cask Wine BarPrice: Moderate• Wine Bar• San Carlos•4.9
- KZKellieZSan Francisco Bay Area •4 reviews5.0Dined 6 days agoMy son picked this restaurant for his birthday dinner. We went on a Tuesday at 5:30 so it was not crowded. They brought us a complimentary flatbread appetizer that was delicious. The calamari appetizer and buratta and prosciutto appetizer were excellent. There were four of us. We ordered the ribeye steak, chicken pasta, lasagna, and chicken parmigiana. I enjoyed the spinach with garlic I tasted that came with the steak. I wished it had been included with my chicken parmigiana. Portions were large. We all left full. The truffle mac and cheese is good, but very hot. If you are a fan of gourmet mac and cheese, definitely get it. We also ordered pomegranate martinis and Paloma Mule cocktails. Our waiter was very friendly and attentive - wish I remembered his name. It is a very nice restaurant but not stuffy or pretentious, and the prices are what you'd expect for the quality of food on the menu.More infoPRANZIPrice: Moderate• Italian• San Carlos•4.7
- MAMaryAvipSan Francisco Bay Area •37 reviews5.0Dined on Sep 17, 2023We had a great dinner and our server Elon was fantastic not to mention Barak and entire staff.. loved our salmon dinner, along with cheesecake for dessert..More infoSpassoPrice: Moderate• Italian• San Carlos•4.7
- MMiyamariHawaii •6 reviews4.0Dined on Jan 2, 2023Great atmosphere and their meals were delicious. They did not offer kids menu although it’s listed on the open table menu.More infoWest Park BistroPrice: Moderate• Californian• San Carlos•4.8
The New York Times names its 50 favorite restaurants for 2023
Among the favorites this year are Keralan comfort food spot Thattu in Chicago and the cafe-by-day, restaurant-by-night Comfort Kitchen in Boston.
Here are Food & Wine’s Best New Chefs and Best Restaurants in the US for 2023
Read on for the magazine’s picks for the best new chefs in the country and readers’ top restaurants in the US.
LGBTQ-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in San Francisco
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find LGBTQ-owned and -operated restaurants to support from coast to coast. Book a table at one of these spots to dine out (and proud!) for Pride month and beyond.
Asian-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support Near San Francisco
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Asian-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
A Guide to the Best Date Spots in the Bay Area
Conversations begin on Bumble but they get even deeper IRL. When it’s time to move from direct messaging to direct eye contact, find a table for two. And to make it super easy, OpenTable and Bumble are teaming up to help you find the best date spots in your city. Find a restaurant that fits your style, whether you want drinks on a patio or a special four-course meal, OpenTable can help you choose the cuisine, seating area, and even book unique experiences with nearby restaurants. Download the Bumble app to find your match, and check the list below to find your table.
Frequently asked questions
The most romantic restaurant in San Carlos is PRANZI
- Big Canyon Park
- Edgewood County Park
- LiA Hotel
- Extended Stay America - San Francisco - San Carlos
- Arguello Park
- San Carlos Historical Museum
- Hillcrest Circle Park
- Longs Plaza Shopping Center
- Americas Best Value Inn - San Carlos
- Circle Star Shopping Center
- Laureola Park
- Britton Station Shopping Center
- Hiller Aviation Museum
- Country Inn & Suites San Carlos
- Eaton Park
- Highland Park
- Baseball Field
- E R Burton Park
- Heather Park