Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Chef Dunlap was previously the Executive Sous Chef at The Inn at Little Washington and the Corporate Executive Chef of Quirk Hotels (Quirk Hotel RVA & Quirk Hotel CVille). He was named as 1 of the 32 Restaurant Stars on the Rise in 2020 by FSRMagazine, Rising Star Chef of the Year by Two Roads Hospitality Worldwide, and has won Best Dishes at Broad Appetit 4 years in a row.
Enjoy special events such as Wine/Bourbon Pairing Dinners, Private Dining/Event Space, and a Chef's Table Experience. This is a local, family-owned business, owned by Chef Dunlap & his wife.
The Grille was always intended, and indeed is, a place where family, friends, residents, neighbors and the entire Richmond community can come together and enjoy each other’s company. Amazing food is an essential part of the experience, but we keep it reasonably priced so that everyone can enjoy.
Our seating setup is designed to create spaces for every occasion – from the private and intimate Reserve room for special dinners, as well as the high tops, traditional tables and 10 TVs scattered throughout. Special attention was paid to make the entire facility wheelchair friendly.
So come relax and talk story on our rooftop bar. Soak up the tropical vibes, and we'll treat you to a menu rooted in some of the world's most exciting island destinations. Don't skip the aloha pineapple boat entree, or the hula ice cream pie for dessert!
- SSSalsaSallyVirginia •4 reviews5.0Dined 6 days agoSecond visit to Midlo Chef's Kitchen, and it was another great experience. Staff was super friendly and helpful. Several individuals recognized us from our first visit. Food was delicious. Love the ambience. Overall wonderful evening.More infoMidlothian Chef's KitchenPrice: Moderate• American• Midlothian•4.6
- KMKMBMVirginia •10 reviews5.0Dined on Sep 26, 2023Always enjoy special days at Ruth’s Chris. Our wait staff was attentive to all our needs. We will be back.More infoRuth's Chris Steak House - RichmondPrice: Very Expensive• Steakhouse• Richmond•4.7
- BMBelgicaMVirginia •3 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023The Igloo setting is perfect!! We enjoyed the privacy of it, and our waiter was awesome. He came on time for the next order and was very pleasant and attentive. The sunset was breathtaking!!! It was the perfect way to begin the year.More infoThe Boathouse at Sunday ParkPrice: Moderate• Seafood• Midlothian•4.4
- TFTerriFVirginia •1 review5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023We were a party of eight for Sunday brunch. Food and service were both excellent.More infoThe Hard Shell - BellgradePrice: Moderate• Seafood• Midlothian•4.5
- CRCRISSFVirginia •6 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023We were greeted and seated immediately. Our server was wonderful. She was able to recommend several menu items. I had the Baked French Toast (Brunch Menu) and it is fabulous. Very custardy, lightly browned and drizzled with caramel sauce. Garnished with fresh Strawberries and Black Berries. Definitely worth a return trip!More infoFirebirds Wood Fired Grill - Richmond - BelvederePrice: Moderate• American• Richmond•4.6
A Guide to the Best Date Spots in Virginia
Conversations begin on Bumble but they get even deeper IRL. When it’s time to move from direct messaging to direct eye contact, find a table for two. And to make it super easy, OpenTable and Bumble are teaming up to help you find the best date spots in your city. Find a restaurant that fits your style, whether you want drinks on a patio or a special four-course meal, OpenTable can help you choose the cuisine, seating area, and even book unique experiences with nearby restaurants. Download the Bumble app to find your match, and check the list below to find your table.
Midlothian is a blossoming town just west of the beautiful heights of Richmond. Many diners in the area have rotating menus depending on the day of the week and what is fresh and in-season. If you're looking to try new and exciting cuisine, Midlothian is a fantastic place to visit. With a relatively large Asian population, Asian fusion dishes are very common. Chefs mix local ingredients and recipes from other cultures to create truly unique meals at bistros and eateries. If you're more of a traditionalist, you can find a wide range of standard Greek, Italian, and comfort food restaurants in addition to steakhouses, burger joints, and pizzerias.
Frequently asked questions
The most romantic restaurant in Midlothian is The Boathouse at Sunday Park
- Buford Shopping Center
- Sixty West Shopping Center
- Rockwood Square Shopping Center
- Powhatan State Wildlife Management Area
- Twin Lakes State Park
- College Plaza Shopping Center
- Wheeler Mall
- Bear Creek State Park
- Grove Street Park
- Ivymont Square Shopping Center
- Providence Golf Club
- Wedgewood Motor Inn
- Bear Creek Lake State Park
- Hampton Inn Richmond-SW Hull Street
- Pocoshock Golf Course
- Lancer Field
- Iler Field
- Farmville Shopping Center
- Best Western PLUS Governor's Inn Richmond
- Appomattox Game Club Preserve