Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Our owner/ chef Andy, originated from Taipei, Taiwan, has over 20 collective years experience in the restaurant industry.
Please understand we have 10 tables in our dining room, for that reason we do have the policy below.
Cancellation policy: If cancelled after the 48 hour window,
we charge the card on file $195 per person.
For parties over 4 people, one weeks notice is needed for a cancellation. If cancelled after the 5 working day window, we charge the card on file $195 per person.
We offer a prix fixe sushi menu starting at $125. Our menu will change daily, depending on the season and what is available from the Toyosu Market in Japan. Our full course meal will include 15 courses: starter, zensai, nigiri sushi, soup, and dessert.
- We only offer a set Omakase tasting menu (each reserved seat must order the Omakase)
- We can not accommodate Vegetarians/Vegans
- We require 24 hour notice for any allergies and dietary restriction modifications
- We are unable to modify the menu on the same day of the reservation
- Please review the cancellation/no-show policy before booking
- Starting January 01, 2023 all parties are subject to a 18% service charge.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
Outdoor seating will not be available.
LUNCH - 11:00 am to 4:00 pm.
DINNER - 5:00 pm to 9:30 pm.
Cocktails, oysters, and quelque chose du jour - 9:30 pm to 10:00 pm
RESERVATIONS ARE TAKEN UP TO 4 WEEKS IN ADVANCE.
DUE TO OUR VERY LIMITED SEATING CAPACITY, TABLES ARE RESERVED FOR A 2 HOUR TIME LIMIT.
Mr. Tipple’s is a craft cocktail bar featuring live jazz.
Reservations have a 90min time limit from reservation time.
There is a $20/guest min for table service
Mr. Tipple’s heralds back to a 1950s NYC basement. Cozy. Dark. Boozy. The intimate setting features local jazz artists up close and personal. It’s a joint where you come as you are, hear great music, tap your toes, and sip a properly chilled cocktail.
My name is Mr. Tipple. Just a simple and laughable bloke hailing from London. I run a recording studio. My friends joke that you’ll oft find me spinning cocktails, not reeling tape. After a few too many, I usually just sit back and enjoy the music, having forgotten to hit record. Regardless, the band is always jiving, the whiskey is always cold, and we’re having a smashing good time.
We have main floor dining by the stage and dining tables/booths with partial views, as well as hightop/counter dining seats available downstairs. Our street level bar & lounge is open nightly with no cover charge! Tickets to each evening's performance typically range from $25-$45 per person.
True to its roots, the space combines grit with glam in the city’s historic Tenderloin arts and entertainment district. Come join us for a memorable evening.
In addition to our beautiful atmosphere, our dishes are just as gorgeous. If you want to experience the best breakfast or best brunch in San Francisco, look no further! Experience our Matcha Mochi Pancakes! You must experience our famous cotton candy Cloud 9 cocktail ! You also cannot do brunch without a delicious Mimosa!
Can you keep a secret? In addition to our main dining room, we have our Secret Bar! An elegant, stylish, intimate experience. If you have tried our brunch, you must check out our dinner menu! Our Chef Cut Steak, Bear Belly Carbonara, Seafood Tower & fun variety of appetizers are just a few of our amazing dinner selections.
- MKMadelineKSeattle / Eastern Washington •4 reviews5.0Dined 1 day agoGreat spot that I will definitely go back to. I'd been to the location on Hyde and this one was a little bigger and "hipper." Same great food though!More infoElephant Sushi Hayes ValleyPrice: Moderate• Sushi• Western Addition•4.7
- AKAnnKvipSan Francisco Bay Area •32 reviews4.0Dined 6 days agoI made a 7:30pm reservation for myself and a friend to hear Loretta Gooden and the San Francisco sextet. The music was great! Loved the ambiance of this club too. We went primarily to hear the music but I also needed to eat. I ordered the black cod with rice and it was very good. Limited selection of wine and my glass of Albariño was ok. I also had a glass of the one cider on the menu and that was good: cold,crisp and dry. Good selection of cocktails and beers. Our server Frankie was very pleasant. There was one snafu where another server brought my food to the table next to ours but as they realized it was not something they ordered they didn’t touch it and Frankie delivered it to me. Service was very prompt too so I had plenty of time to eat and we ended up deciding to move to the bar area 10 or 15 minutes before our 1.5 hours at the table was up.More infoMr. Tipple’s Jazz ClubPrice: Moderate• Cocktail Bar• Civic Center / Hayes Valley / Van Ness•4.7
- LSLuvSFSan Francisco Bay Area •2 reviews5.0Dined 6 days agoBeautiful venue with AMAZING food and drinks. The new chef is changing some things up while keeping with their most popular dishes (mozzarella sticks, pizzas, and a couple pastas).More infoBAIAPrice: Expensive• Italian• Civic Center / Hayes Valley / Van Ness•4.4
- DDDrDavevipSan Francisco Bay Area •11 reviews5.0Dined on Sep 21, 2023This is a long-standing favorite, especially before an opera performance. Staff is always engaged and engaging and the food universally delicious. Be advised, this is a French restaurant, so, other than maybe the oysters, green salad, and ratatouille, most dishes are going to be quite rich (if you want escargot, for example, it comes in puff pastry, or if you choose "puree of potatoes," there's going to be a lot of cheese on top. But it is all DELICIOUS! In addition to an amazing wine list, the bartenders are also expert mixologists.More infoAbsinthe Brasserie and Bar - SFPrice: Expensive• French• Civic Center / Hayes Valley / Van Ness•4.7
- MCMeeshCGvipLas Vegas •6 reviews5.0Dined on Sep 20, 2023If you are looking for a special dinner to celebrate - even if it is as simple as life, this is the place. The attention to detail, artistry on the plate and care you feel will make you slow down and savour the moment. Nightbird is a must when visiting San Francisco.More infoNightbirdPrice: Very Expensive• Californian• Civic Center / Hayes Valley / Van Ness•4.9
A guide to all your dining needs while attending the APEC summit in San Francisco
Here’s a full list of all the must-visit restaurants and bars in San Francisco while you’re at APEC.
A guide to SF’s best private dining rooms for any occasion
From an underground wine vault to an al fresco nook with Bay Bridge views, these San Francisco restaurants are equipped to host any exclusive event.
LGBTQ-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in San Francisco
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find LGBTQ-owned and -operated restaurants to support from coast to coast. Book a table at one of these spots to dine out (and proud!) for Pride month and beyond.
Asian-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support Near San Francisco
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Asian-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
A Guide to the Best Date Spots in the Bay Area
Conversations begin on Bumble but they get even deeper IRL. When it’s time to move from direct messaging to direct eye contact, find a table for two. And to make it super easy, OpenTable and Bumble are teaming up to help you find the best date spots in your city. Find a restaurant that fits your style, whether you want drinks on a patio or a special four-course meal, OpenTable can help you choose the cuisine, seating area, and even book unique experiences with nearby restaurants. Download the Bumble app to find your match, and check the list below to find your table.
Discover Hayes Valley
A hotbed for the tech set and buzzing eateries, Hayes Valley has quickly become one of the hottest dining destinations in the city. After the 1989 Loma Pieta earthquake destroyed the Central Freeway, it paved the way for the rise of the neighborhood. Today, it’s hard to walk more than a block before discovering another gem—whether it’s sushi, Scandinavian, modest Greek, or liquid nitrogen ice cream. It’s not all casual cuisine, however. Nestled amidst the dense deliciousness, you’ll find rustic French bistros and a champagne bar with an extensive caviar list. After exploring the eclectic flavors and charm of the Hayes Valley streets, we recommend heading to Patricia’s Green for a perfect desert of people watching and unwinding.
Frequently asked questions
- Bill Graham Civic Auditorium
- Civic Center BART Station
- California Historical Society Museum
- Marshall Square
- Museum of Typewriters
- Civic Center Plaza
- Orpheum Theatre Christmas Shows
- Cow Hollow Studio
- Inn at the Opera
- Fox Plaza Shopping Center
- San Francisco Civic Center Historic District
- Koshland Park
- Victorian in Pacific Heights
- War Memorial Opera House
- San Francisco City Hall
- Jefferson Square Playground
- AMSI Hayes Valley
- AMSI Civic Center
- Carriage Inn