Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Overall, the ambiance is pure 1930's and 1940's - tasteful art moderne reminiscent of the glory days of Cunard and French Line ships. Fashionable and glamorous are the hallmarks. Trendy is simply not a part of the BIX culture.
The clientele at BIX ranges from San Francisco movers-and-shakers to "savvy travelers" - owner Doug Biederbeck's term for the many diners in the know from out of town who patronize his establishment.
All of them step from the featureless alley into another world - a world of superb cookery and libations, of sparkling service, of stylish nostalgia, of polished live jazz. That world is BIX.
We are offering our food and services in a new way, one that safely creates jobs for our employees, and still provides that quintessential experience only Cafe Tiramisu can.
At Café Tiramisu our pasta, and salads as a takeaway experience with authenticity, carefully selected ingredients for maximum taste and freshness to provide healthier options for all of our customers to satisfy vegan, and vegetarian options! ready to be collected or delivered to you.
Remember to save room for one (or more) of our dessert options.
Palio’s menu (including gluten free and heart healthy options) is a veritable culinary tour of Italy; emphasizing the cooking of different regions as the seasons change. Palio's menu utilizes organic produce from small, local farms as well as sustainable agriculture and aquaculture. The Wine Spectator award winning list has always been exceptional, including a wide range of Italian varietals and California offerings. Full bar.
At Trestle, we remember a time, not too long ago, where people took pause to enjoy a meal in the presence of great company, giving it the reverence and respect deserved. We provide a dining experience served in courses, with the satisfaction and warmth found at a family gathering, creating the foundation to a proper meal.
Every day we feature a changing 3 course prix fixe menu with choices on each course for $42/person. We will have an optional additional pasta course for $12/person. Unfortunately, we do not offer ala-carte options.
We are able to accommodate vegetarian options nightly. We do our best to accommodate other allergies/restrictions based on the menu for that evening.
Due to our limited spacing, we can accommodate parties of 8 or less only.
Kyoto-kaiseki is considered to represent the ultimate in Japanese dining; combining art and the finest seasonal ingredients.
Kyoto-born and trained chef Mitsunori Kusakabe's creative accolades include winning the Creative Sushi Award from the National Sushi Society and Sushi of the Year in competition against other world-renowned sushi chefs.
If your party size is more than 11 guests or if you are considering a buyout, please contact us at email@example.com.
A separate dining room is available for private events.
The Barrel Room offers guests a unique experience with our regionally focused rotating menus. Our menus feature the cuisine, wines, and spirits of regions from around the world, changing each quarter. Our wine list offers our guests small-production, responsibly farmed wines from iconic and influential producers organized into flights or by the glass.
Join us for our current focus: the wines and cuisine of Spain. This menu will be available through October.
- CCindyvipSan Francisco Bay Area •1 review5.0Dined todayHands down my fave SF restaurant. The food is incredible and the service is top notch.More infoKokkari EstiatorioPrice: Expensive• Mediterranean• Financial District / Embarcadero•4.9
- SStellavipSan Francisco Bay Area •25 reviews5.0Dined 2 days agoThe food at Perbacco is authentic Italian and absolutely delicious. The Caesar salad was perfection. The pork chop.with its amazing sauce was so tender it just melted in your mouth and the pappardelle with short rib Ragu - the ultimate comfort food. Our waitress was very friendly and helpful so, all in all, a wonderful evening out.More infoPerbaccoPrice: Moderate• Italian• Financial District / Embarcadero•4.6
- CWCarolynWSan Francisco Bay Area •10 reviews5.0Dined 4 days agoHad a lovely night celebrating our anniversary! Food was delicious and the service was excellent. Shout out to James for making our night special!More infoWayfare TavernPrice: Moderate• American• Financial District / Embarcadero•4.6
- OTOpenTable DinerSan Francisco Bay Area •4 reviews5.0Dined on Sep 24, 2023the bar is my favorite place to eat in the city, amazing service, cocktails and food 😊More infoEstiatorio Ornos a Michael Mina Restaurant San FranciscoPrice: Expensive• Greek• Financial District / Embarcadero•4.6
- NYNY2023familycelebSan Francisco Bay Area •3 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Very nice place for family celebrations. Great location for walking around the city.More infoHarborview Restaurant & BarPrice: Expensive• Chinese• Financial District / Embarcadero•4.5
A guide to all your dining needs while attending the APEC summit in San Francisco
Here’s a full list of all the must-visit restaurants and bars in San Francisco while you’re at APEC.
A guide to SF’s best private dining rooms for any occasion
From an underground wine vault to an al fresco nook with Bay Bridge views, these San Francisco restaurants are equipped to host any exclusive event.
LGBTQ-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in San Francisco
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find LGBTQ-owned and -operated restaurants to support from coast to coast. Book a table at one of these spots to dine out (and proud!) for Pride month and beyond.
Asian-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support Near San Francisco
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Asian-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
A Guide to the Best Date Spots in the Bay Area
Conversations begin on Bumble but they get even deeper IRL. When it’s time to move from direct messaging to direct eye contact, find a table for two. And to make it super easy, OpenTable and Bumble are teaming up to help you find the best date spots in your city. Find a restaurant that fits your style, whether you want drinks on a patio or a special four-course meal, OpenTable can help you choose the cuisine, seating area, and even book unique experiences with nearby restaurants. Download the Bumble app to find your match, and check the list below to find your table.
Discover Financial District
Highrises and historic alleyways from the infamous Barbary Coast mingle together in San Francisco’s Financial District, creating a distinct character. Restaurants range from classic American and international white tablecloth establishments to elegant lunch spots that shutter by 3pm. Come evening, professionals flock to happy hours and upscale wine bars. And if you’re wondering, one of the city’s hidden fashion districts is tucked between buildings, too.
Frequently asked questions
As of October 3, 2023 there are 67 restaurants in Financial District. Filter by “outdoor dining”, “romantic” or “dog friendly”.
On OpenTable we support all cuisines. Find Mediterranean, American, Peruvian, Chinese, Seafood and more. Use our filters to find exactly what you’re looking for and make your reservation today.
Yes! We partner with restaurants in Financial District who deliver with Uber Eats, Postmates, ChowNow, Toast, Olo.
Yes, you can also see restaurants near you offering takeout.
Yes! OpenTable provides free, convenient and trusted options to book the best restaurants in Financial District either on OpenTable or directly with the restaurant.
Yes, we partner with a third party to bring back menu information for restaurants near you.
- Europa Hotel & Hostel
- Wells Fargo History Museum
- Royal Pacific Motor Inn
- Aquarium of The Bay Fisherman's Wharf
- Ferry Building Marketplace
- Portsmouth Square
- North Beach - Transamerica Pyramid Views Apartment
- Green Tortoise Hostel
- Jackson Square Historic District
- M Justin Herman Plaza
- Pacific Heritage Museum of San Francisco
- Hotel North Beach
- Pacific Heritage Museum
- Omni San Francisco
- Superbowl City, Embarcadero San Francisco
- Transamerica Building
- Ferry Building
- Hilton San Francisco Financial District
- Balmoral Hotel
- Walton Park