- LLLinneyLouWhovipChicago / Illinois •8 reviews5.0Dined todayAte at Holu last night, and wow. The vibe was ultra cool, the food some of the best we’ve ever had. We did the standard steak flight, two scallops, the carpaccio, and the Japanese Wagyu filet. Best. Steak. Ever. We’re ruined now. We get the Wagyu hype and can never eat anything else. Our grill master was the absolute best part though. Very knowledgeable and passionate and grilled everything to perfection. Highly recommend Holu if you’re looking for a really special experience and budget isn’t a factor.More infoHolu - ChicagoPrice: Expensive• Steakhouse• China Town•4.7
- DMDManChicago / Illinois •10 reviews5.0Dined 3 days agoThe ambiance, along with the vibe, was fitting for the Hyde Park gem of a restaurant. The decor, the bar arrangement, and the layout, coupled with the design of the seating arrangement, were all very thoughtful use of the space. The food! It's a tasteful combination of flavors; for starters, the Jamaican Beef Patty and the Caribbean Wings were phenomenal. These two items were simply exceptional. There's thought to the plating of the items and the layout. The Rasta Pasta & the Sweet & Spicy Short Rib were fabulous choices. I would argue no item would be an awful choice or a misstep. A great time for groups, date nights, singles, and families shall be had. Service by all staff I interacted with was professional, courteous, and pleasant. I would recommend this establishment to everyone.More info14 Parish Restaurant & Rhum BarPrice: Expensive• Caribbean• Hyde Park•4.6
- OTOpenTable DinerChicago / Illinois •1 review5.0Dined 4 days agoIt was amazing,,, definitely planning on going backMore infoChemistryPrice: Expensive• American• Hyde Park•4.4
- BIBIllChicago / Illinois •9 reviews5.0Dined on Nov 27, 2023Excellent food and excellent service A festive atmosphere Our server Bobby was super and lots of fun to talk with Will come back for sure !!!More infoIl CulaccinoPrice: Moderate• Italian• South Loop•4.5
- JGJohnGvipChicago / Illinois •7 reviews4.0Dined on Oct 6, 2023Sushi was very good - but hard to call this a bistroMore infoThe Sit Down Cafe & Sushi BarPrice: Moderate• Sushi• Hyde Park•4.1
Chicago’s 9 hottest restaurant openings of 2023
Chicago’s most thrilling restaurant debuts of the year include a nationally acclaimed South Indian spot and a Ukrainian spot from a James Beard Award-winning duo.
4 freewheeling, fun restaurant trends that emerged in 2023
Maximalism, a bigger focus on the bar, transportive meals, and other restaurant trends to know from the year gone by.
Chicago’s 7 hottest restaurant openings of 2023
Chicago’s best new restaurants, ideal for your next brunch, lunch, or dinner, are home to some of the city’s hottest tables.
10 special occasion-worthy restaurants in Chicago
Chicagoans know that special-occasion meals come in all shapes and sizes. And even though many celebrations in this Midwestern sports town are centered around home team victories, championships aren’t the only reasons to party here. These Windy City restaurants transform a regular Saturday (or Monday or Tuesday) night into an unforgettable evening. Read on for a guide to the 10 best places in Chicago for celebrating special occasions right now.
LatinX-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Chicago
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These LatinX-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
Black-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Chicago
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find Black-owned and -operated restaurants to support on Juneteenth, and everyday. Explore the spots in your area.
LGBTQ-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Chicago
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find LGBTQ-owned and -operated restaurants to support from coast to coast. Book a table at one of these spots to dine out (and proud!) for Pride month and beyond.
Chicago’s 8 favorite bars
Chicago’s best bars range from high-end cocktail lounges and charming wine bars to tried-and-true neighborhood escapes.
Asian-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support Near Chicago
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Asian-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
15 restaurants that define Chicago
Meet the best restaurants that define Chicago's dining scene, capturing its past and present while also imagining its future.
Women-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Chicago
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Woman-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their identity — explore spots to support near you.
The 11 Best Restaurants in Chicago for a Romantic Date Night
Whether it’s for that special February holiday or just because, the Windy City abounds with romantic restaurants. A sexy seafood spot in River North serves exquisite oysters and liquid nitrogen cocktails. In the West Loop, a Croatian Italian restaurant steered by a Top Chef winner has plenty of cozy corners for cuddling. A flamenco guitarist serenades diners at a 50-year-old fondue favorite in Lakeview. Chicago has plenty of options for your next date, whether you’re looking for a casual evening of quiet conversation or a show-stopping display of culinary wooing. Go ahead and put down that heart-shaped chocolate box and book a table at one of these 11 romantic restaurants instead.
9 Bucket-List Burgers in Chicago
Deep-dish pizza and loaded hot dogs might be what the Windy City is known for, but Chicago knows how to make a damn good burger. The city is jam-packed with restaurants presenting their takes on the ground meat sandwich. Think Venteux’s chuck patty topped with raclette and crispy shallots, Adorn’s dry-aged prime beef burger, or Blue Door Farm Stand’s vegan quinoa burger with mango chutney. Here are the best burgers you do not want to miss in Chicago.
Discover Hyde Park
Hyde Park is best known for being the location of the University of Chicago. However, you can find something great to eat whether you're a college student or just visiting for the weekend. If you love macaroni and cheese, Hyde Park has several locations that offer various combinations that include bacon, ham and peas. You can even enjoy a grilled cheese sandwich stuffed with macaroni. Those who like steak and fried chicken will have plenty of options to choose from in the Hyde Park area as it is a great place to get a bite to eat or for after you have had a couple of drinks and are looking to fill your stomach before bed.
Frequently asked questions
The most romantic restaurant in Hyde Park is Chemistry
- Perennial Garden
- University of Chicago
- Washington Park
- Harding Museum
- Sycamore Playlot
- Promontory Point Park
- Bixler Park
- Oriental Institute Museum
- Jessie Ma Houston Playlot Park
- Dorchester Commons Shopping Center
- Willow Park
- Madison Park
- Smart Art Museum
- Fountain of Time
- Hyde Park Historical Society Museum
- Cornell Park
- Welcome Inn Manor
- Garfield Boulevard L Station
- Kimbark Plaza Shopping Center
- Haydon Track