Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Free Parking is available and easily accessible in the lot across the street from the restaurant.
We offer something different.
Smoque Steak eschews these conventional steakhouse values of excess and opulence, and instead focuses on excellence, hospitality, accessibility, value, and convenience. Our core premises—that a steakhouse need not be grandiose to be special, pretentious to be unique, or exorbitant to be great—have informed every decision and detail, from the steak itself to the casual atmosphere and carefully orchestrated hospitality.
We cannot wait to have you in to try one of our special steaks, along with our classic side dishes, appetizers, cocktails, and desserts.
- LBLizBvipChicago / Illinois •4 reviews5.0Dined 3 days agoTrust your server! Let them be your guide. We had to wait 5 mins for a table but the host set us off to the side so we weren’t in the way. Outstanding dishes that you should not miss: haelmul pajeon, dry aged bulgogi, and s’mores dessert. Some in our party said the s’mores dessert is the best dessert they have ever had! We had excellent service and Chef Beverly Kim said hi to our table!!More infoParachutePrice: Expensive• Korean• Avondale•4.8
- RHReneeHvipChicago / Illinois •25 reviews5.0Dined 3 days agoWe loved everything about our first visit to Anelya. We started with cocktails. I never knew I needed horseradish vodka in my life! My husband had something equally interesting and delicious. Then it was on to the food. The menu is really interesting and we were compelled to order many things - everything we ate was an absolutely delicious surprise. We were two bites in when we started to think about how fun it would be to come back with some of our favorite people. We completely overate, I believe we had 4 appetizers (from the top section of the menu) plus 4 items from elsewhere on the menu -- followed by 2 desserts. If you had walked past our table, you'd have heard us say things like "how'd they make carrot taste like this" and "wow, this is soooo good, I could eat 20 of them." All in all, the place was very much like write-ups promised, and really feels like an authentically heartfelt love letter to Ukraine.More infoAnelyaPrice: Expensive• Ukrainian• Avondale•4.5
- OTOpenTable DinerChicago / Illinois •2 reviews5.0Dined 5 days agoWe went for an anniversary. All the little touches they provided were so thoughtful. Service was lovely, well coordinated, etc. Food was fantastic!More infoEdenPrice: Expensive• American• Avondale•4.8
- DRDianeRSan Francisco Bay Area •2 reviews5.0Dined 6 days agoEverything we ordered was delicious! Went on a Thursday for the Chateaubriand special and it was well worth the trip. Perfectly cooked and full of flavor. Also had a pork chop that was amazing! Shared a caesar salad that was big enough for 3 people. Great desserts also. Highly recommend the butterscotch pot de crème and the bananas foster bread pudding! I love this place!!!More infoSmoque SteakPrice: Expensive• Steak• Avondale•4.8
- OTOpenTable DinerChicago / Illinois •1 review5.0Dined on Nov 28, 2023We were table of 5 girls. We loved everything Aba had to offer. Sam our server was AMAZING! Really, he was. We were 5 confused ladies, but he didn’t mind us. He was pacient & made us feel wonderful! Bravo Sam. He made everything more special.More infoAba - ChicagoPrice: Very Expensive• Mediterranean• West Loop•4.8
Chicago’s 9 hottest restaurant openings of 2023
Chicago’s most thrilling restaurant debuts of the year include a nationally acclaimed South Indian spot and a Ukrainian spot from a James Beard Award-winning duo.
4 freewheeling, fun restaurant trends that emerged in 2023
Maximalism, a bigger focus on the bar, transportive meals, and other restaurant trends to know from the year gone by.
Chicago’s 7 hottest restaurant openings of 2023
Chicago’s best new restaurants, ideal for your next brunch, lunch, or dinner, are home to some of the city’s hottest tables.
10 special occasion-worthy restaurants in Chicago
Chicagoans know that special-occasion meals come in all shapes and sizes. And even though many celebrations in this Midwestern sports town are centered around home team victories, championships aren’t the only reasons to party here. These Windy City restaurants transform a regular Saturday (or Monday or Tuesday) night into an unforgettable evening. Read on for a guide to the 10 best places in Chicago for celebrating special occasions right now.
LatinX-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Chicago
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These LatinX-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
Black-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Chicago
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find Black-owned and -operated restaurants to support on Juneteenth, and everyday. Explore the spots in your area.
LGBTQ-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Chicago
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find LGBTQ-owned and -operated restaurants to support from coast to coast. Book a table at one of these spots to dine out (and proud!) for Pride month and beyond.
Chicago’s 8 favorite bars
Chicago’s best bars range from high-end cocktail lounges and charming wine bars to tried-and-true neighborhood escapes.
Asian-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support Near Chicago
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Asian-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
15 restaurants that define Chicago
Meet the best restaurants that define Chicago's dining scene, capturing its past and present while also imagining its future.
Women-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Chicago
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Woman-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their identity — explore spots to support near you.
The 11 Best Restaurants in Chicago for a Romantic Date Night
Whether it’s for that special February holiday or just because, the Windy City abounds with romantic restaurants. A sexy seafood spot in River North serves exquisite oysters and liquid nitrogen cocktails. In the West Loop, a Croatian Italian restaurant steered by a Top Chef winner has plenty of cozy corners for cuddling. A flamenco guitarist serenades diners at a 50-year-old fondue favorite in Lakeview. Chicago has plenty of options for your next date, whether you’re looking for a casual evening of quiet conversation or a show-stopping display of culinary wooing. Go ahead and put down that heart-shaped chocolate box and book a table at one of these 11 romantic restaurants instead.
9 Bucket-List Burgers in Chicago
Deep-dish pizza and loaded hot dogs might be what the Windy City is known for, but Chicago knows how to make a damn good burger. The city is jam-packed with restaurants presenting their takes on the ground meat sandwich. Think Venteux’s chuck patty topped with raclette and crispy shallots, Adorn’s dry-aged prime beef burger, or Blue Door Farm Stand’s vegan quinoa burger with mango chutney. Here are the best burgers you do not want to miss in Chicago.
Polish is spoken as much as English in Chicago's Avondale neighborhood. These streets are home to generations of Polish families, so you can expect kielbasa, pierogis and sauerkraut to be staples in the dining fare. The multicultural population means that you'll find that local menus bear the influences of Eastern European as well as various Latino cultures. The nearby Irving Park neighborhood, which is lined with Victorian homes and Chicago bungalows, has historically been a home for many Serbians. European delis and bakeries offering Balkan cuisine, consisting of different types of smoked meats, kabobs and delicate pastries, are neighborhood fixtures. Amid the rich multicultural fabric of Avondale and Irving Park, the dive bars, cafes and full-service trattoria still serve as prime hangouts for the younger crowd.