- GGregChicago / Illinois •7 reviews5.0Dined 2 days agoIt’s our first time here and it did not disappoint. From appetizers to entrees and desserts everything was a great japanese culinary experience. Our food was served one by one right on time from the hardworking, friendly and knowledgeable staff. It was definitely a positive experience for us!More infoItokoPrice: Expensive• Japanese• Lakeview / East Lakeview•4.7
- LBLisaB1 review5.0Dined on Sep 16, 2023Food was really good. My friend who went with me is glutton free and they were very accommodating. The food came out quickly and the ambiance was great. Would definitely return to this location.More infoAgami Contemporary SushiPrice: Moderate• Sushi• Uptown•3.7
- OolcaybNew York / Tri-State Area •2 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 2, 2023This is my second visit. I liked the well appointed room with tables situated far from each other that conversation is possible this is very RARE. The decor conveys harmony. Patrons were of all ages. No one was loud, yet all looked happy with their food and drinks. I came back with a guest last night. The fried calamari was exceptional. The shaved vegetable salad which they prepared a cheese-and cream free version for us was very refreshing as is. Fish tacos on corn tortillas were very good. Our server was attentive, friendly, not overbearing or condescending. The price with a glass of good red wine per person was reasonable for an exceptional dining experience. I'm afraid with good reviews the place may lose its charming laid back atmosphere food may decline in quality or servers may lose their enthusiasm. I hope none happens.More infoSummer House - ChicagoPrice: Moderate• American• Lincoln Park•4.6
- RFRichardFChicago / Illinois •53 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Excellent choice for brunch, with Kir Royal lead off. Party of three had classic eggs benedict, egg white omelet, truffle scrambled eggs. Excellent choices, though muffin under benedict resisted being cut even with a steak knife. It was great even without the muffin. Would like it if spinach option were added to the selection of benedicts. House chardonnay is very pleasant. Profiteroles were a perfect ending to this brunch. we've eaten here many times over the years and Mon Ami Gabi remains one of our favorite spots for a special occasion, or just an excellent meal.More infoMon Ami GabiPrice: Moderate• French• Lincoln Park•4.8
- KKrankChicago / Illinois •27 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023We always love your New Years pj brunch but this year was extra great! Our server wearing the Bama pj's was superman at hustling the very busy day, all with a smile and a great sense of humor!! The food is great, atmosphere and vibe are tops when you are looking for a fun departure from your everyday stressors.More infoCafé Ba-Ba-ReebaPrice: Moderate• Tapas / Small Plates• Lincoln Park•4.8
Chicago’s 9 hottest restaurant openings of 2023
Chicago’s most thrilling restaurant debuts of the year include a nationally acclaimed South Indian spot and a Ukrainian spot from a James Beard Award-winning duo.
4 freewheeling, fun restaurant trends that emerged in 2023
Maximalism, a bigger focus on the bar, transportive meals, and other restaurant trends to know from the year gone by.
10 special occasion-worthy restaurants in Chicago
Chicagoans know that special-occasion meals come in all shapes and sizes. And even though many celebrations in this Midwestern sports town are centered around home team victories, championships aren’t the only reasons to party here. These Windy City restaurants transform a regular Saturday (or Monday or Tuesday) night into an unforgettable evening. Read on for a guide to the 10 best places in Chicago for celebrating special occasions right now.
LatinX-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Chicago
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These LatinX-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
6 new restaurants making a splash in Chicago right now
Chicago’s best new restaurants, ideal for your next brunch, lunch, or dinner, are home to some of the city’s hottest tables.
Black-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Chicago
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find Black-owned and -operated restaurants to support on Juneteenth, and everyday. Explore the spots in your area.
LGBTQ-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Chicago
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find LGBTQ-owned and -operated restaurants to support from coast to coast. Book a table at one of these spots to dine out (and proud!) for Pride month and beyond.
Chicago’s 8 favorite bars
Chicago’s best bars range from high-end cocktail lounges and charming wine bars to tried-and-true neighborhood escapes.
Asian-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support Near Chicago
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Asian-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
15 restaurants that define Chicago
Meet the best restaurants that define Chicago's dining scene, capturing its past and present while also imagining its future.
Women-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Chicago
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Woman-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their identity — explore spots to support near you.
The 11 Best Restaurants in Chicago for a Romantic Date Night
Whether it’s for that special February holiday or just because, the Windy City abounds with romantic restaurants. A sexy seafood spot in River North serves exquisite oysters and liquid nitrogen cocktails. In the West Loop, a Croatian Italian restaurant steered by a Top Chef winner has plenty of cozy corners for cuddling. A flamenco guitarist serenades diners at a 50-year-old fondue favorite in Lakeview. Chicago has plenty of options for your next date, whether you’re looking for a casual evening of quiet conversation or a show-stopping display of culinary wooing. Go ahead and put down that heart-shaped chocolate box and book a table at one of these 11 romantic restaurants instead.
9 Bucket-List Burgers in Chicago
Deep-dish pizza and loaded hot dogs might be what the Windy City is known for, but Chicago knows how to make a damn good burger. The city is jam-packed with restaurants presenting their takes on the ground meat sandwich. Think Venteux’s chuck patty topped with raclette and crispy shallots, Adorn’s dry-aged prime beef burger, or Blue Door Farm Stand’s vegan quinoa burger with mango chutney. Here are the best burgers you do not want to miss in Chicago.
The Uptown neighborhood of Chicago has a cool, star-studded past and a delicious present. It's known as the entertainment district and has been the site of filming for more than 480 movies. Its boundaries encompass part of Michigan Avenue, which features some of Chicago's finest dining choices. The restaurants in the area range from upscale eateries serving new American, French and Italian cuisine to hole-in-the-wall dive bars with famous barbecue sliders and hot wings. This Chicago neighborhood is also home to some family-owned Italian spots with traditional dishes like grilled calamari and veal Parmesan. For a Japanese take on your meal, enjoy a quirky local sushi bar with original rolls and creative bento boxes.