Make a free reservation
Book for dinner in Williamsburg
Restaurant experiences trending in Williamsburg
Check out diners' favorite restaurants in Williamsburg
Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Peace Hill Farm, owned by writer and historian Susan Wise Bauer, is a hundred-acre family farm that raises rare Leicester Longwool sheep, Angora goats, ducks, and chickens.
Our Afternoon Tea & Light Lunch offers you soup, finger sandwiches, sweets, scones, and pastries--plus tea or coffee, of course, along with a full wine list. Linger as long as you like, looking out over working farmland and sheep pastures; add a farm tour with our compliments; eat indoors or out (in nice weather, under the trees; in colder months, in front of the fireplace). Stay as long as you like, breathe deep, and enjoy.
Afterwards, browse our farm store! We produce fiber (fleeces, rovings, and beautifully finished yarns) plus lambs, kids, and free-range duck and chicken eggs.
We offer customized farm-to-table dinners--ask for details
Whether you’re planning a family dinner, a night out with friends, or a gastronomy treat for out-of-town guests, we believe Cochon on 2nd will become your favorite dining destination.
Not much has changed since George Washington frequented Campbell’s Tavern for its delicious seafood in the 18th century. Dig in to locally sourced shrimp, scallops, and fish, and be sure to try Christiana’s famous Crab Cakes, Fried Chicken, Sweet Potato Muffins and Spoon Bread.
Originally opened by Jane Vobe in 1772, this authentic reproduction public house serves up a transporting experience for the senses in Colonial Williamsburg. Everything is true to the time period at King’s Arms Tavern, from the fashion sported by servers to the pewter candlesticks—all adding to an air of colonial elegance. Inspired by 18th-century recipes, but with updates to suit 21st-century tastes, tuck in to a chophouse menu featuring prime rib, pork chops, and more.
ADA Accessible dining is available in the Purdie Kitchen. Please note this colonial building is separate from King’s Arms Tavern. Please check-in at the front, and our host will escort guests to the Purdie Kitchen.
Berret's Seafood Restaurant specializes in fresh regional seafood-shrimp, blue crab, scallops, oysters, and tuna. Also offering steaks, chicken, and vegetarian selections. Full beverage service, micro brews, and wines. Voted by Tidewater locals as the best seafood restaurant for over 30 years.
RESERVATIONS ARE FOR INSIDE DINING ONLY, outside dining is first-come, first serve.
A fresh take on Indian cuisine.
Modern Indian food, classically authentic flavor.
Extensive wine & bar program made to pair with Indian food.
Whether you are having a romantic evening for two or a business dinner, Opus 9 is sure to surpass your highest expectations. Why not join us tonight?
Relaxed yet luxurious, The Terrace and Goodwin Rooms retain The Williamsburg Inn’s charm and sophistication while serving up contemporary expressions of American classics. At breakfast in the Goodwin Room, enjoy an energizing juice or smoothie to jump start your day, or sample one of our signature dishes such as crab hash with poached eggs or croque Mary with Virginia ham. Across the hall, our delicious options are available throughout the day to satisfy any appetite in the Terrace Room. If you’re searching for a more creative culinary experience, the Inn’s floral walled, terrace adjacent options have a seat for you.
Dress: Resort Casual
Dine with us in comfort! You are on vacation!
Dress preference includes shirts, polos, blouses, dresses, skirts, slacks, jeans and shorts.
Footwear includes shoes, tennis shoes, sneakers, and sandals. Please refrain from wearing flip flops and sportswear.
We offer a magnificent selection of the finest authentic Italian dishes. We do not take short cuts. All of our dishes are made to order, which means that you can expect to have a dish where the ingredients and sauces are prepared and made on site after you place your order.
We offer more than spaghetti and meatballs. So do not be afraid to explore beyond your ordinary pallet. Have a glance at our menu and photo gallery (currently under construction) to see what tempts you.
In addition to a half-acre produce garden and greenhouse on site where lettuces and herbs will be grown, our chef works hard to find local farmers as partners in producing a menu oriented towards fresh and seasonal specialties.
Our wide variety of fresh selections from our unique menu will guarantee that everyone in your party leaves with a smile.
See what locals rave about in Williamsburg
- HMHakunaMatatavipVirginia •6 reviews5.0Dined 4 days agoSuperb dining experience! The 3 course lunch prix fixe menu has an extensive variety of interesting entrees. We enjoyed the delicious halibut and vegetables that were cooked to perfection. Lemon mousse in an almond crust with raspberry sauce was delectable. Wait staff was attentive, overall ambience was perfect for my cousin and myself to enjoy our conversation. We look forward to returning soon!More infoLe Yaca$$$$• French• Williamsburg•4.9
- KRKimRToronto / Ontario •2 reviews5.0Dined 5 days agoReservations are a must. We had reservations for 6:30 and were sat on time. Hostess was friendly and we were sat in a room with about 6 other tables, mostly made up of couples. As stated in other comments, it does get loud but not overtly. Food was excellent, there was a bit of a wait for our cocktails and our service overall was very good. I would also recommend eating later to get the full experience with eating at the tavern. Period music performed by a skilled musician was a very nice touch. Also, it is true that the prices are lofty but that’s due to the tavern being located in Colonial Williamsburg and the experience of dining “in” the 18th century.More infoChristiana Campbell's Tavern$$$$• Seafood• Colonial Williamsburg•4.7
- DWDW34vipChicago / Illinois •3 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 2, 2023Great food and wonderful server. The bread is phenomenal, as was the red, white, and blue plate. Will returnMore infoBerret's Restaurant$$$$• Seafood• Williamsburg•4.8
- PBPattiBvipVirginia •3 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Our family had a fabulous New Years dinner. Our waitress Carolyn was wonderful in every way. She was very personable and knowledgeable on the history of the Tavern. We loved the ambiance of the room and the gentleman who played the guitar was so talented as was the gentleman who explained our room as a bedroom long ago. Two of us had the seafood 2 had the Prime Rib and our grandson loved his hotdog. We will make this a tradition every year going forward.More infoKing's Arm Tavern$$$$• American• Colonial Williamsburg•4.8
- ABAngelaBVirginia •3 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Consistently a good meal, service and atmosphere.More infoOpus 9 Steakhouse$$$$• Steakhouse• Williamsburg•4.7
Get inspired by our collections of the top restaurants in Williamsburg
A Guide to the Best Date Spots in Virginia
Conversations begin on Bumble but they get even deeper IRL. When it’s time to move from direct messaging to direct eye contact, find a table for two. And to make it super easy, OpenTable and Bumble are teaming up to help you find the best date spots in your city. Find a restaurant that fits your style, whether you want drinks on a patio or a special four-course meal, OpenTable can help you choose the cuisine, seating area, and even book unique experiences with nearby restaurants. Download the Bumble app to find your match, and check the list below to find your table.
Named “One of America’s Top 15 Cities” by Travel + Leisure, Williamsburg is rich in history and outdoor activities like hiking, zip lining, and golf. The city is also home to numerous delicious dining options, with everything from family-friendly delis to high-end options. Top-rated steakhouses, seafood restaurants, French cuisine, and Spanish tapas are some of the most popular dining choices. Sushi lovers will want to try the dizzying array of sushi rolls and sashimi available at one of the local hotspots. For those with a sweet tooth, a stop by one of the area’s ever-popular donutteries is a must. This Virginia city will certainly satisfy your appetite.
Dining around Williamsburg Hot Spots
Stadium or Arena
Hotel / Lodging
Frequently asked questions
Celebrate special occasion at the best restaurants in Williamsburg. Our customers recommend Le Yaca, Opus 9 Steakhouse and Cochon on 2nd
As of May 30, 2023 there are 24 restaurants in Williamsburg. Filter by “outdoor dining”, “romantic” or “dog friendly”.
On OpenTable we support all cuisines. Find Seafood, American, French, Steakhouse, Contemporary American and more. Use our filters to find exactly what you’re looking for and make your reservation today.
Yes! We partner with restaurants in Williamsburg who deliver with Uber Eats, Postmates, ChowNow, Toast, Olo.
Yes, you can also see restaurants near you offering takeout.
Yes! OpenTable provides free, convenient and trusted options to book the best restaurants in Williamsburg either on OpenTable or directly with the restaurant.
Yes, we partner with a third party to bring back menu information for restaurants near you.