Norfolk / Virginia Beach Restaurants
Make a free reservation
Book for late dinner in Norfolk / Virginia Beach
Restaurant experiences trending in Norfolk / Virginia Beach
Check out diners' favorite restaurants in Norfolk / Virginia Beach
Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Deemed "One of the 30 Places to Eat Before You Die" by writer Lorraine Eaton, this local gem converts first-time guests into long-time fans on a daily basis.
The intimate location (great for a date), tucked away at the north end of the Virginia Beach oceanfront, has become a local favorite. The eclectic menu has something for everyone, including creative renditions of steaks, fresh fish and seafood, possibly the best burger you'll ever have, vegetarian and more. Plus, there's a chalkboard of daily specials, and a full list of wines, craft beers and cocktails.
Open 7 days a week, it's a MUST-TRY in the resort area.
Please keep in mind only street parking is available, its worth it!
Aldo's award winning wine bar & wine list has been thriving for over 32 years, receiving accolades from wine spectator and wine enthusiasts magazines. Offering locally sourced seafood and produce daily.
We feature delicious food (some gluten free), wonderful wines, superb service and excellent value!
We partner with local farmers and waterman to bring the freshest ingredients to our table. We offer seafood-driven and locally minded menus focused on quality and seasonality. Heirloom features a mindful bar program with classically influenced cocktails made with carefully selected ingredients and innovative technique. The wine program will be sourced from all over the world, with a spotlight on exciting Virginia wine. We are proud to possess an approachable and diverse list, with bottles for every palate and price point.
WE OFFER A CASH DISCOUNT OF 3%
Beginning in 2006, we have been serving the finest quality food to the Virginia Beach Oceanfront. Our goal, from day one has been to make damn good food, with honest ingredients while being kind to those we meet along the way.
We offer Terrace seating. Our Terrace is protected from inclement weather and heated for year round dining. It is NOT air conditioned. We do have ceiling fans and cooling fans for the warmer days.
We are proud to present our guests with a dinner menu free of hydrogenated oils, and high fructose corn syrup, yet full of flavor that only the freshest ingredients from local sources can provide.
At Terrapin restaurant, we are very passionate about supporting sustainable organic farmers and local watermen, as well as preserving the integrity of our menu and products.
We request no children under the age of 12.
As a fine dining restaurant, proper attire is required. Please adhere to our policy if planning to have dinner at Byrd & Baldwin Brothers Steakhouse.
Elegant Casual dress is required to be seated in the dining room
Dress Code Policy: Appropriate Attire Is Required. We Do Not Allow: Hats, Sweatpants, Athletic Attire, T-Shirts, Excessively Baggy Clothing, Excessively Revealing Clothing, Clothing that Reveals Undergarments, Clothing in Disrepair - Ripped Jeans.
We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone that we do not deem to be wearing appropriate attire to dine in the restaurant.
The Raleigh Room is the perfect mix of old world and new, a re-imagined social space that nods to the traditions of our grand historic hotel. We've melded modern style and Southern gentility into a new interpretation of the Grand Salon. Relax with a coffee in the morning, or enjoy a traditional afternoon tea reservation on Saturdays and Sundays from 1pm-3pm. Meet for proper cocktails in the evening when the salon transforms into the social heart of the hotel with live entertainment nightly. With its classic, yet contemporary decor, the Raleigh Room is the quintessential Southern lounge reinvented for guests who embrace the good life. Surrounding the Raleigh Room, our verandas provide an intimate retreat that overlook our stunning estate. Garden-style furnishings, lanterns and rolling planters bring the hotel's gardens indoors as a verdant frame for the Raleigh Room.
Scratch Kitchen with Latin American inspired cuisine.
Come enjoy a cocktail in our Tranquilo Lounge on one of our comfy velvet couches with your friends, or grab dinner in our dining room for a date night while watching our chefs create our beautiful dishes in our open concept kitchen. With over 90 Tequila and Mezcals to choose from, you'll have the option to sip on our patio, at one of the two full-service bars, in the Tranquilo Lounge or in the dining room while enjoying scratch-made tacos or ethically raised bone-in ribeye.
Open Friday and Saturday nights with late night snacks from 10-11pm and good vibes till 12am.
Stripping away the formalities of the typical dining experience, The Rustic Spoon is serving up breakfast, brunch and lunch while focusing on quality local ingredients, family recipes, warm service and a relaxed causal ambiance. Rooted in family, friends and food they offer diners a one of a kind atmosphere to enjoy comfort food recipes with a modern and local twist.
We focus on producing small lots of well-balanced wines using Virginia and California grapes. Our winemaking process can be viewed from the tasting bar where you can enjoy our creations.
You can also choose from twelve different wine flights or select a wine from our list that features 800 wines from around the world. There is also a food menu that ranges from artisanal cheese platters to sandwiches and entrees.
We look forward to pouring your next glass of wine! Cheers!
See what locals rave about in Norfolk / Virginia Beach
- WMWendyM1 review5.0Dined 2 days agoWe went to Varia to have great good and listen to Frank Sings Frank! We did just that - fantastic food, great drinks, top notch service, and Frank was so good. Our server even closed us out after dinner and moved us to be near the piano and brought our dessert to us there! Above and beyond!More infoVaria$$$$• Italian• Norfolk•4.4
- DADesireeAVirginia •5 reviews5.0Dined 3 days agoFood was amazing, oysters, fish dip and grain salad, and scallops - it was a lot but a perfect meal - and it was split between two. Our server was knowledgable and helpful. Our first drink was not great, it as a new lavender drink but the margaritas after were great. I will say it is pricey - 2 people, 4 rounds of drinks and the food mentioned - but we knew it wasnt going to be cheap going it :)More infoSaltine$$$$• Seafood• Norfolk•4.3
- BPBradPVirginia •3 reviews5.0Dined 3 days agoI took my wife here for her birthday tonight and was both of our first times. I have heard from multiple friends this place is amazing... and it was!!! Our soup, salad, and steaks were probably the best we've ever had!!! Our server Bobby made it that much better with his knowledge of the menu and answering our questions with great suggestions. Cheers to the chefs!!! Bobby delivered your phenomenal meals to us and we will be back for sure!!! Thank you Bobby, chefs, and the nice valet fellas as well!!!More infoByrd and Baldwin Bros. Steakhouse$$$$• Steakhouse• Norfolk•4.8
- TBTomBvipLas Vegas •15 reviews5.0Dined on May 15, 2023Had a very nice quiet dinner with my wife and a friend. The Calamari Appetizer was delicious, the Old Fashion was very good and our entrees were excellent. My only complaint was that my veal chop was slightly overcooked an so was my wife's Salmon. Nice place, the outdoor patio was great and the clientele were upscale.More infoLeone's$$$$• Contemporary Italian• Norfolk•4.6
- RJRikkiJSan Francisco Bay Area •1 review5.0Dined on Jan 2, 2023Understated appearance outside, but larger than expected inside. Excellent food and very large portions, eventhough it is pricey, but worth it.More infoAberdeen Barn - Virginia Beach$$$$• Steakhouse• Virginia Beach•4.3
Get inspired by our collections of the top restaurants in Norfolk / Virginia Beach
A Guide to the Best Date Spots in Virginia
Conversations begin on Bumble but they get even deeper IRL. When it’s time to move from direct messaging to direct eye contact, find a table for two. And to make it super easy, OpenTable and Bumble are teaming up to help you find the best date spots in your city. Find a restaurant that fits your style, whether you want drinks on a patio or a special four-course meal, OpenTable can help you choose the cuisine, seating area, and even book unique experiences with nearby restaurants. Download the Bumble app to find your match, and check the list below to find your table.
As the name implies, Virginia Beach is located on the Atlantic Ocean coast of Virginia. Not only are there seemingly endless things to do in the area all year long, but there are plenty of places to dine. Locals and travelers alike enjoy the range of cuisines, with American, seafood, and Italian being some of the most readily available. The seafood options are especially great, given the easy access to fresh catches right in the vicinity. There's also a broad range of international cuisine types, including Asian and Mexican fare. Outdoor dining options are plentiful with some outdoor patio and boardwalk spots being right on the ocean.
Norfolk / Virginia Beach Neighborhoods
Dining around Norfolk / Virginia Beach Hot Spots
Stadium or Arena
Hotel / Lodging
Frequently asked questions
Celebrate special occasion at the best restaurants in Norfolk / Virginia Beach. Our customers recommend Orion's Roof Garden & Dining, Becca and Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Virginia Beach
As of May 30, 2023 there are 110 restaurants in Norfolk / Virginia Beach. Filter by “outdoor dining”, “romantic” or “dog friendly”.
On OpenTable we support all cuisines. Find American, Italian, Seafood, Steakhouse, Fusion / Eclectic and more. Use our filters to find exactly what you’re looking for and make your reservation today.
Yes! We partner with restaurants in Norfolk / Virginia Beach who deliver with Uber Eats, Postmates, ChowNow, Toast, Olo.
Yes, you can also see restaurants near you offering takeout.
Yes! OpenTable provides free, convenient and trusted options to book the best restaurants in Norfolk / Virginia Beach either on OpenTable or directly with the restaurant.
Yes, we partner with a third party to bring back menu information for restaurants near you.