Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
J Carver's Oyster Bar & Chophouse features market fresh oysters & premium wood grilled steaks. Nestled in West 6th District of Downtown Austin, John Carver, Owner and Chef delivers an elevated classic fine dining experience featuring a gorgeous raw & oyster bar and intimate dining experience.
In order to honor all reservations booked, we ask that all bookings adhere to our suggested dining time frame. Please contact our reservationist if you have additional questions. Our time frames are as follows
2 people - 2 hours
3 people - 2 hr 15 minutes
4-5 people - 2 hr 30 minutes
6-7 people - 2hr 45 minutes
8+ people - 3 hours
Please reach out to our reservationist for private dining.
We offer Valet at $12 daily
Menus are updated daily. To see today's menu, visit https://uchiaustin.com/menu
Classic coastal cooking from the Texas Gulf to the Northeastern Seaboard influences Clark's menu. A large portion of the concept is devoted to oysters, raw bar, seafood, and caviar. We procure the freshest oysters from small harvesters around North America and serve cold seafood platters featuring super fresh daily specials.
Learn more about MML Hospitality and their family of restaurants at www.mmlhospitality.com.
Available Fridays & Saturdays from 6:00 - 11:00pm
Room 725 is Fairmont Austin’s hidden haven. This semi-private lounge space offers the most indulgent of Austin experiences through a selection of caviar, exquisite Champagne options, a menu of Pre-Embargo Cigars and live music.
The Roosevelt Room has received the following accolades: Top Four Best American Cocktail Bar 2022 by the Spirited Awards, Top Four Best American Bar Team 2022 by the Spirited Awards, Top Five Best Cocktail Bar 2022 by Liquor.com's Liquor Awards, Austin's Best New Cocktail Bar 2015 by Thrillist, & Bar of the Year 2017 by TimeOut Austin.
RESERVATIONS ARE STRONGLY SUGGESTED. Walk-ins are welcome, but please note that there may be a short wait for the next available table. If your reservation details change, please let us know. We will do our best to accommodate last-minute alterations, but we cannot guarantee immediate seating for any additional guests. For reservations of 11+, click the "Book an Event" tab on our website.
At the end of the day, Banger's is all about being a wonderful place to eat, drink and hangout. Not too rowdy, not too laid back, just a good old fashioned good time.
Please note that we recently implemented a 20% service charge on all orders. This was done in an effort to move our entire service team towards a more stable income stream by providing a fixed and competitive hourly wage. Guests are free to tip on top of that if they feel it’s warranted, but it is never expected and you should never feel pressured to do so.
Located at the AT&T Hotel and Conference Center on the campus of The University of Texas at Austin, The Carillon delivers an impressive and memorable experience. Complimentary self-parking in the Conference Center Garage. Bring your ticket to be validated. We look forward to seeing you soon.
- ERErinRvipAustin •12 reviews5.0Dined todayAmazing food and atmosphere. Basically everything was above and beyond. My favorite restaurant!More infoThe WellPrice: Expensive• Contemporary American• Downtown•4.7
- KSKayleeSExclusive •3 reviews5.0Dined 1 day agoI’m not sure what our servers name was but he basically had a twin. He was amazing last night! He was professional and funny. The whole table loved him. The food was the best out of all the times I’ve been to Perry’s!More infoPerry's Steakhouse & Grille - Downtown AustinPrice: Expensive• Steakhouse• Downtown•4.7
- EEdagAustin •2 reviews5.0Dined 4 days agoWhat a pleasant surprise Fixe was! We had never been, received a gift certificate for a birthday present, and decided to have brunch there. The wait staff was so attentive and pleasant. Our person was so much fun and provided us with so many surprises because, it was a birthday brunch!!! The food was great! This type of attention and service Fixe provided has made us fans and we will definitely not only return but, suggest to family and friends as well!! Way to go, Fixe!!!More infoFixePrice: Expensive• Southern• Downtown•4.8
- DADawnANashville •2 reviews5.0Dined 6 days agoJohnny was fantastic! Made the best drinks! He was super nice and very knowledgeable. Answered all of my questions.More infoThe Roosevelt RoomPrice: Expensive• Cocktail Bar• Downtown•4.8
- OTOpenTable DinervipAustin •4 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 2, 2023Food is so good. We sat at a four top in the bar area? Which was a little strange since I made reservations over two months ago. Whatever- food and service were top notch. I had the 30 day aged filet and gnocchi. Best steak in the city. Meatballs were just ok - bread was amazing and the table lived the bone marrow.More infoRed Ash ItaliaPrice: Very Expensive• Italian• Downtown•4.8
Austin’s 8 favorite bars
Austin’s best bars range from high-end cocktail lounges to charming wine bars and tried-and-true neighborhood escapes.
Where to find Austin’s best outdoor dining
Austin’s best restaurants for outdoor dining come with breathtaking views, scenic streetside tables, and charming patios.
18 restaurants that define dining in Austin
The Texan capital’s dining scene is as spirited as its residents. Read on for a guide to 18 restaurants that are vital to Austin.
Women-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Austin
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Woman-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their identity — explore spots to support near you.
9 of Austin’s outstanding spots for celebrating special occasions
Austin loves a party. Whether you’re marking a birthday, professional achievement, a victory in your fantasy league, or even your pup’s adoptaversary, Bat City offers a special setting for every toast. There’s a swanky new steakhouse downtown, complete with caviar service. Other restaurants are celebration-worthy for their transportive powers: an hacienda-style retreat in North Loop serves regional Mexican fare or an Ethiopian place in North Central offers the ultimate family-style experience. Special occasions are as varied as the people who honor them in Austin. So book a table at one of these 9 hotspots to celebrate now.
4 Must-Try Restaurants in Austin Right Now
Austin’s dining scene is unstoppable, growing by leaps and bounds, defined by the spirit of constant renewal. Bat City’s latest batch of restaurants mirrors its fast-growing population, including a hotel chophouse by a James Beard Award nominee and a swanky, Italian-accented steakhouse. A couple of Mexican spots that offer lesser-seen regional fare, inspired by the chefs’ travels to Oaxaca and beyond, plus a casual Hill Country smokehouse from a successful Houston transplant round out the selection. Prepare to be impressed by these four promising newcomers, reflecting the best of Austin right now.
8 Gameday Tables to Book in Austin This Fall
Everything, including football season, is decidedly bigger in Texas. In Austin, gameday fever takes on epic heights thanks to the University of Texas, set in the city’s buzzy downtown. When UT’s beloved Longhorns kick off their season on September 3, many fans will ditch their couches for TV screens at an array of lively bars and restaurants, which include everything from an airy downtown rooftop to a historic German-influenced dive. Though many spots serve up that faithful beer and wings combo, others pair brews and specialty cocktails with Irish pub grub, spicy Southwestern snacks, and New York-style pizza to fuel the fun. Here is OpenTable’s guide to Austin’s 8 best spots for watching football this fall—so book'em (horns).
Discover the Top Women-Led Restaurants in the U.S. and Canada
There’s no better way to celebrate International Women’s Day than by paying a visit to one of these great restaurants — all helmed by women as chefs, managers, or owners. From running kitchens to managing multiple venues, these exceptional women are leaving their mark on the hospitality industry.
Austin’s 10 Best Burgers
The Austin culinary scene centers high-quality beef: From steakhouses to tacos to barbecue, there is no shortage of places to get the best beef. That extends to burgers, too — from a family-run spot that sources the beef on its burgers from its own ranch to burger patties made from wagyu, the restaurants in Austin let burger lovers get their fix every night of the week. Here are ten of the best burgers in the city.
Austin offers the best of all worlds. Creatives love its vibrant arts scene and tolerant vibe. Entrepreneurs appreciate its tech-heavy graduate pool from the University of Texas at Austin and other local schools. Those looking for savory food options are just as happy with what the Texas capital city has to offer. A diverse range of international, fusion, and standard American fare satisfies every appetite. But the city is especially well-known for its variety of breakfast tacos, known as migas tacos. As part of the Texas Barbecue Belt, Austin is home to a mind-boggling number of BBQ joints. The city's Central Texas barbecue style, influenced by the European immigrants who settled here, involves show-stopping portions of pecan- or oak-smoked ribs and brisket.
Frequently asked questions
The best reviewed restaurant in Downtown Austin is NO VA Kitchen & Bar - Permanently Closed
- Hotel Ella
- State Capitol
- Hyatt Regency Austin
- Hilton Austin
- Disch Field
- Austin Convention Center
- Texas State Capitol
- Palmer Event Center
- Town Lake
- 6th Street
- Long Center For The Performing Arts
- Paramount Theat
- Capitol Building
- State Capital, Austin Texas
- Lamar Plaza Shopping Center
- South Austin Cottage by TurnKey Vacation Rentals
- JW Marriott Austin
- Ohenry Museum
- Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - Town Lake
- The Driskill