- DGDorothyGCoastal Georgia •2 reviews5.0Dined 2 days agoThe waitress was very pleasant and professional. One if our couples arrived late but she continued to check on us to ensure we were fine. The atmosphere was good. The food was served timely and it was hot and flavorful. The grits were a little too salty.More infoBlue Marlin$$$$Price: Moderate• Low Country• Columbia•4.6
- OTOpenTable DinerEast Tennessee •1 review5.0Dined 3 days agoHad dinner at MOA Korean Barbecue in Columbia Saturday night, and the experience was incredible. We arrived a few minutes before our reservation so we sat down at the bar while our table was being prepared. Avery, the bartender, offered a quick overview of their drink selection and made us feel right at home. The ambiance and interior of MOA can’t be ignored; From the Korean decor and styling elements perfectly blended with modern touches, to the dry aged meat rack that’s center stage as soon as you walk in, you know you’re in for a memorable and enjoyable experience. Once seated, and since it was our first time there, our waiter Garrett throughly and thoughtfully walked us through what to expect, what his recommendations were, and how interactive of a dining experience we wanted. Garrett and Sean (the owner), were so attentive and convivial the entire evening, making sure to come by at just the right time to help us with the grilling and food preparation. The selection of meats as well as both hot and cold sides is diverse (get the Kim chi Stew!), ensuring a flavorful and authentic journey through modern Korean cuisine. Highly recommend MOA for the wonderful atmosphere, great staff, and the delicious, unique dining journey.More infoMOA Korean BBQ & Bar - Columbia$$$$Price: Expensive• Asian• Columbia•4.8
- OTOpenTable DinerChicago / Illinois •11 reviews5.0Dined 3 days agoAnother great dining experience at California Dreaming. We had the croissants (OMG so good) and yummy fried crab claws for appetizers. Lunch entrees were the filet and ribeye and both were cooked perfectly and were delicious. We opted for side portions of the California Dreaming salads as one of the sides and they were so good. Service was great too. Can’t wait to go back.More infoCalifornia Dreaming-Columbia$$$$Price: Moderate• American• Columbia•4.3
- ATAngelaTOrlando / Central Florida East •1 review5.0Dined 4 days agoMotor Supply Company was an excellent bistro with a warm and welcoming vibe. The wait staff was exceptional, and even inquired as to our intent to attend a play that evening in order to ensure our food was fired and delivered in a manner that suited our timeframe. This server thought about the needs of the guest and then applied their knowledge of the kitchen timing to best accommodate those needs.More infoMotor Supply Company Bistro$$$$Price: Moderate• Contemporary American• Columbia•4.7
- OTOpenTable DinerHouston •2 reviews5.0Dined 6 days agoThis was our first time dining with Smoked. We thoroughly pleased with our experience. We were there for lunch. Everything was wonderful; from the service to the food. We can’t wait to dine there again. Next time we will do dinner.More infoSmoked$$$$Price: Moderate• undefined• Columbia•4.3
12 quintessential date-night restaurants in Charleston
Charleston’s cobblestone streets and candlelit verandas scream romance, and that Lowcountry charm also defines its best date-night restaurants. Window seats and fried fish baskets take the edge off first-date nerves at an oyster bar. For dinner and dancing, there’s a multi-level hotspot with killer sunset views. Proposals mean a nautical dining room at a waterfront beauty. This guide pairs Charleston restaurants with romantic occasions from first dates all the way to milestone anniversaries. These are Charleston’s 12 best date-night restaurants.
Charleston’s 8 Greatest Restaurants
Together, these old and new restaurants offer a snapshot of the best of Charleston dining right now.
11 stellar special-occasion restaurants in Charleston
Charleston’s got a celebratory soul, and food is practically a religion here. Which explains why its special-occasion restaurants are forces to be reckoned with. While many of its most festive restaurants are in its historic downtown, surrounded by views of horse-drawn carriages and cobblestone streets, others are on some of the smaller islands, complete with stunning coastal views. Whether you’re ringing in a birthday, anniversary, promotion, or simply just because, the city’s thriving restaurant scene has the ideal spot. Read on for a guide to 11 special-occasion worthy restaurants in Charleston to book now.
The best places to grab a drink in Charleston
Charleston’s best bars range from high-end cocktail lounges to charming wine bars and tried-and-true neighborhood escapes.
Charleston’s 9 best outdoor dining setups
Charleston’s best restaurants for outdoor dining come with breathtaking views, scenic streetside tables, and charming patios.
6 New Restaurants to Book in Charleston This Spring
What defines Southern hospitality more than a steaming communal table of Lowcountry boil or shrimp and grits? While those standbys, fueled by the bounty of the surrounding creeks and rivers, still form the soul of Charleston dining, the Holy City is expanding its culinary universe. These new restaurants, ranging from the city’s only food hall to an Indian fusion restaurant, pay tribute to Charleston’s history while increasing its global appeal.
Discover South Carolina
Charleston takes southern charm to a whole new level. In fact, the city snagged the #1 spot on Travel & Leisure’s World’s Best Cities list in 2016. The combination of elegant historic architecture, cobblestone streets, balmy weather, and southern cuisine makes it a winner. Along the South Carolina coast, the resort towns of Myrtle Beach and Hilton Head are full of restaurants serving Atlantic seafood and new American specials. Further inland, Greenville is gaining a reputation for being a burgeoning restaurant hub of the south.
Frequently asked questions
As of March 5, 2024 there are 364 restaurants in Charleston. Filter by “outdoor dining”, “romantic” or “dog friendly”.
On OpenTable we support all cuisines. Find American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Italian, Contemporary American and more. Use our filters to find exactly what you’re looking for and make your reservation today.
Yes! We partner with restaurants in Charleston who deliver with Uber Eats, Postmates, ChowNow, Toast, Olo.
Yes, you can also see restaurants near you offering takeout.
Yes! OpenTable provides free, convenient and trusted options to book the best restaurants in Charleston either on OpenTable or directly with the restaurant.
Yes, we partner with a third party to bring back menu information for restaurants near you.
- Extended Stay America - Columbia - Ft. Jackson
- Ripley's Aquarium
- Colonial Life Arena
- Francis Marion Hotel
- Reedy River Falls Park
- Bay Street
- Church Street Inn
- Congaree Vista
- Skywheel Myrtle Beach
- Westgate Mall Shopping Center
- French Quarter Inn
- Surfside Beach Resort
- Myrtle Beach Boardwalk
- Carolina Opry Theater
- Tanger Outlets Charleston
- Conway Shopping Center
- Marriott's OceanWatch Villas at Grande Dunes
- Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa
- Harbourview Inn
- Tanger Outlets Myrtle Beach Hwy
- 50 South Carolina Restaurants to Connect In For Mother's Day
- 11 stellar special-occasion restaurants in Charleston
- 6 New Restaurants to Book in Charleston This Spring
- 8 restaurants vital to Charleston
- 5 cutting-edge restaurants to visit now in Charleston
- Charleston’s 9 best outdoor dining setups
- Charleston Wine + Food Festival Restaurants
- 100 South Carolina Restaurants to Love This Valentine's Day
- 12 quintessential date-night restaurants in Charleston
- The best places to grab a drink in Charleston