Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
A Savannah native, Charlie Golson’s interest in the French language and culture took him to Paris. After a long stint in the fast paced hotel kitchens of Washington DC, he was ready to move back closer to home. It was at that time he was able to open up a one room French bistro. The restaurant has grown over the years, but the ‘Green Star’ remains steadfast in offering the finest ingredients the Low country has to offer with a menu that is hand written daily. Resort Casual.
Entice Your Senses While You Dine in our Fine Art Gallery. Innovative International Cuisine featuring Local Seafood, Grassfed Beef as well as Vegan, Vegetarian & Gluten Free Menu Options. Also offering Live Musical Entertainment, Artists Creating at the Easel, Patio Seating
Private Dining Room Available for up to 35 People
Wine Spectator Award of Excellence
We serve traditional bistro staples, incorporating fresh, locally sourced ingredients from the Lowcountry.
Our spirits are high quality and hand picked and our wine list is carefully curated of French imports and French-style selections.
Reservations recommended. Indoor & outdoor dining available.
Here we showcase a menu of lighter fare including sandwiches, salads, pasta, pizza and smaller portions of our chefs’ acclaimed meat and seafood dishes. We also have Italian coffees and a full bar. "Hilton Head Monthly" readers have voted us their “Favorite New Restaurant” and “Favorite Lunch Place.”
Join us for Happy Hour (4:30pm-5:30pm), when we offer specially-priced cocktails, wine and perfectly-sized snack plates.
Or stop in and browse our carefully-curated specialty foods. They include cheeses, fresh meats, house-made pastas, olive oil, tomato products, heat-and-serve entrees and homemade desserts.
Please visit our website or call for dining reservations.
We invite you to enjoy a definitive dining experience amid an ambience that is at once modern, chic and welcoming. "Hilton Head Monthly" readers have voted Michael Anthony’s their “Favorite Fine Dining” restaurant offering their “Favorite Dessert Menu.”
Michael Anthony’s Cooking School pairs our chefs’ passion and creativity with weekly demonstration-style or hands-on classes. Here you will interact closely with our cooking staff.
Please call or visit our website for reservations and class schedule.
The new Ruby Lee’s offers more of what patrons of Hilton Head Island have come to love and expect in the past: delicious southern cooking and a comfortable yet stimulating atmosphere that offers the perfect way to enjoy sports or outstanding blues, jazz and soul from local and regional artists. If you’re not familiar with Ruby Lee’s, it’s a locally owned restaurant, started by Tim Singleton (known to Low-country residents as an athlete and head coach). The restaurant is named for Singleton’s late grandmother who is the inspiration for the Southern-style menu. The new and revamped version of the original; yet it still captures the Southern feel-good themes that have an uncanny way of making you hungry for fried chicken, shrimp and grits, corn bread, and sweet tea the moment you walk in the door. If, for some reason, you’re not quite ready to eat after walking in the door of Ruby Lee’s, you’ll notice a pang of hunger once you look at the menu.
It was Chef Munjid and his wife Tammy’s dream to one day be able to open their own Mediterranean restaurant and share his cuisine with the world. That dream is now a reality with Olive and Fig Mediterranean Kitchen. Together they take great pride in making each plate transport you to the Greek Isles or the banks of the Mediterranean Sea where some of the finest cuisine is served. We are excited to bring you some flavors from the Mediterranean and we hope you enjoy!
As we are in our peak season we are requesting that you have patience as our cuisine is made to order. You will find no precooked items and we do not use microwaves or steam tables to heat or store food. In addition, no frozen items except those that should be such as French fries or ice cream desserts.
We take pride in our quality and request if have any concerns or not satisfied please ask to speak with Tammy the owner.
Thank you for choosing us as part of your dining experience. We look forward to serving you!
- RMRobertMvipAtlanta Metro •28 reviews5.0Dined 2 days agoWe eat here every time we are in Hilton Head. This has truly become our go to place! The food, and atmosphere is very upscale! Thadeous was our waiter, he was extremely attentive, professional, and checked on us an appropriate amount of times! The food, as always, was delicious!More infoCharlie's Coastal Bistro (L'etoile Verte)Price: Expensive• Seafood• Hilton Head Island•4.9
- SStanvipNew York / Tri-State Area •54 reviews4.0Dined 2 days agoThe burrata appetizer was absolutely outstanding.beautifully presented and scrumptious. Our two veal dishes were very good except both were a little over sauced with the meat swimming in the gravy. We will definitely put OMBRA on or list for future visits to Hilton Head.More infoOMBRA Cucina ItalianaPrice: Moderate• Italian• Hilton Head Island•4.8
- SStanleySouth Carolina •12 reviews5.0Dined 2 days agoOn this particular night, it was one of the coldest we have had in the low country so far but it was initially cold by the window but as the evening went on it warmed up. Probably, for other reasons. I thought the prices were within the going rate with inflation and the service we received but if your on a budget it may be a little much. However, from my prospective, it was a wonderful evening.More infoRed Fish - Hilton HeadPrice: Expensive• Seafood• Hilton Head Island•4.6
- PMPatMillervipCharlotte •30 reviews5.0Dined 3 days agoFood and service are outstanding. We feasted on the daily specials and were blown away. The service was efficient and welcoming. We will visit again.More infoMichael Anthony's Cucina ItalianaPrice: Expensive• Italian• Hilton Head Island•4.8
- KMKennethMPhoenix / Arizona •1 review5.0Dined 7 days agoWe went to ELA'S to enjoy a nice Thanksgiving together ...we started with appetizers... had the Pear, Cranberry, and Arugula Salad and the Southern Poached Shrimp Cocktail. My spouse had the Thanksgiving dinner and I chose to go with Scallops and Crab Risotto (of course we shared back and forth). Everything came out hot, fresh, and ridiculously tasty.... we finished up with a double espresso and shared a piece of pumpkin cheesecake that was drizzled with a strawberry sauce and had a small scoop of vanilla bean gelato... I can't say enough about the food, the experience, and especially our server.. she was magnificent and a lot of fun... we will certainly return to this restaurant multiple times in the future:)More infoELA'S On the WaterPrice: Moderate• Seafood• Hilton Head Island•4.6
11 stellar special-occasion restaurants in Charleston
Charleston’s got a celebratory soul, and food is practically a religion here. Which explains why its special-occasion restaurants are forces to be reckoned with. While many of its most festive restaurants are in its historic downtown, surrounded by views of horse-drawn carriages and cobblestone streets, others are on some of the smaller islands, complete with stunning coastal views. Whether you’re ringing in a birthday, anniversary, promotion, or simply just because, the city’s thriving restaurant scene has the ideal spot. Read on for a guide to 11 special-occasion worthy restaurants in Charleston to book now.
The best places to grab a drink in Charleston
Charleston’s best bars range from high-end cocktail lounges to charming wine bars and tried-and-true neighborhood escapes.
Charleston’s 9 best outdoor dining setups
Charleston’s best restaurants for outdoor dining come with breathtaking views, scenic streetside tables, and charming patios.
Charleston’s 8 Greatest Restaurants
Together, these old and new restaurants offer a snapshot of the best of Charleston dining right now.
8 romantic restaurants in Charleston for every kind of date
Romance fills Charleston’s cobblestone streets, candlelit verandas, and fiery sunsets. That signature Lowcountry charm also distinguishes the city’s best date-night restaurants. At an oyster bar on King Street, window seats and fried fish baskets take the edge off first-date jitters. For a transportive evening complete with lamb kebabs and anise cocktails, couples hit one of the area’s only Lebanese restaurants. A classic steakhouse in a restored bank makes an elegant backdrop for an unforgettable proposal. There’s a table for every kind of date night in one of the South’s most scenic cities. Read on for a guide to 8 Charleston restaurants ready to host your next romantic occasion.
6 New Restaurants to Book in Charleston This Spring
What defines Southern hospitality more than a steaming communal table of Lowcountry boil or shrimp and grits? While those standbys, fueled by the bounty of the surrounding creeks and rivers, still form the soul of Charleston dining, the Holy City is expanding its culinary universe. These new restaurants, ranging from the city’s only food hall to an Indian fusion restaurant, pay tribute to Charleston’s history while increasing its global appeal.
Discover Hilton Head
While Hilton Head Island has miles of beaches, golf courses, and tennis courts, it also offers a full range of dining options from grab-and-go burgers to upscale, 4-star restaurants. It hosts a welcoming mix of fresh-from-the-ocean fare hosted by the Southern hospitality you would expect in South Carolina. You'll find plenty of restaurants offering traditional, Low-Country selections, including Gullah rice and peach cobbler. If you're looking for fresh seafood, head down to the docks. For those on a romantic getaway, Hilton Head offers plenty of fine-dining establishments for a perfect candlelight dinner. Irish Pub food is also available, and there is no shortage of taverns and sports bars to tend to your burger-and-a-beer craving. Wherever you decide to eat breakfast, be sure to get the grits with plenty of butter.
Frequently asked questions
The best reviewed restaurant in Hilton Head is Lucky Beach Bar + Kitchen
The restaurants with the best service in Hilton Head are Lucky Beach Bar + Kitchen, Frankie Bones Restaurant & Lounge - Hilton Head Island and Holy Tequila!
- Colleton River Plantation Dye Course
- S.R. Hotel
- Coral Reef Resort
- Sea Pines Forest Preserve
- Pinckney Island National Wildlife Refuge
- Bluewater by Spinnaker Resorts
- Shelter Cove Mall Shopping Center
- North-South Forest Beach Plantation by Hilton Head Accommodations
- Marriott's Harbour Club
- Harbour Town Golf Links At Sea Pines
- Melrose Golf Course
- Coligny Beach
- Northridge Plaza Shopping Center
- Marriott's Barony Beach Club
- Plantation Shopping Center
- Palmetto Bay Marina
- Palmetto Dunes Plantation
- South Beach Marina
- Palmetto Bay Shopping Center
- Newhall Audubon Nature Preserve