Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
- OTOpenTable DinerNashville •1 review5.0Dined 3 days agoGreat food and drinks! I highly recommend this place!More infoPisco y Nazca Ceviche Gastrobar - Washington D.C.Price: Moderate• Peruvian• Downtown•4.7
- OTOpenTable DinerWashington, D.C. Area •1 review5.0Dined 6 days agoFood was amazing, staff was friendly, overall great experience and I will be back!More infoChef Geoff's West EndPrice: Moderate• American• West End•4.3
- CHCHKJGreater Boston •1 review5.0Dined on Jan 2, 2023Sophia was wonderful. Prompt, accurate, friendly.More infoCIRCA at Foggy BottomPrice: Moderate• American• Foggy Bottom•4.7
- NNicoleNew York / Tri-State Area •5 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023We were celebrating and hosting friends from out of town and brought them to Founding Farmers for the great food and ambience. It truly exceeded expectations. It was a busy day at the restaurant (new year's day around brunch), but every single staff member we interacted with was so deeply kind and present with us. We had someone with allergies with us and the whole kitchen and pastry team looked out to care for them. Major shoutout to our server Randy (Randi?) and manager Josue who were both spectacular. And, as always, all of the food was out of this world. We will be back and we will recommend to others. Thanks for getting our new year off to a great start!More infoFounding Farmers - DCPrice: Moderate• American• Foggy Bottom•4.3
- DFDanFWashington, D.C. Area •14 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Great food, great service. The chairs are so tall they leave your feet swinging which for a long relaxing lunch was not comfortable.More infoNorth Italia - Washington DCPrice: Moderate• Italian• West End•4.6
10 special occasion-worthy restaurants in Washington, DC
An epic night out in the country’s capital can mean dining where the Beltway bigwigs do—but it doesn’t have to. Washington, DC’s signature diversity trickles down to its special occasion spots, too. These restaurants in and around the District have what it takes to uplevel any occasion—even if it’s just a midweek dinner. Read on for a guide to the 10 best special occasion spots in Washington, DC, right now.
LatinX-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in D.C.
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These LatinX-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
The 5 reservations you need to make now at Washington, D.C.’s hottest 2023 restaurant openings
Washington, D.C.’s best new restaurants, ideal for your next brunch, lunch, or dinner, are home to some of the city’s hottest tables.
Black-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in D.C.
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find Black-owned and -operated restaurants to support. Explore the spots in your area.
LGBTQ-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Washington D.C.
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find LGBTQ-owned and -operated restaurants to support from coast to coast. Book a table at one of these spots to dine out (and proud!) for Pride month and beyond.
18 restaurants that define dining in Washington, D.C.
Sample the tastes that are essential to Washington, D.C. by booking a table at one of the city’s 18 greatest restaurants right now.
Women-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in D.C.
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Woman-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their identity — explore spots to support near you.
9 romantic restaurants in Washington, D.C. for every kind of date
Washington, DC’s quaint neighborhoods, spectacular riverscapes, and burgeoning culinary scene all conjure romance. Whether you’re celebrating a proposal, an anniversary, or a long overdue night together, a charming perch is never hard to find in the nation’s capital. A Dupont Circle townhouse, made for intimate occasions, serves top-notch Mediterranean plates on its wisteria-clad patio. Korean and Southern flavors come together at a handsome Penn Quarter hotspot, sure to up the ante on any anniversary. Read on for a guide to 9 date-worthy restaurants in Washington, DC, ready to host your romantic night out.
Discover the Top Women-Led Restaurants in the U.S. and Canada
There’s no better way to celebrate International Women’s Day than by paying a visit to one of these great restaurants — all helmed by women as chefs, managers, or owners. From running kitchens to managing multiple venues, these exceptional women are leaving their mark on the hospitality industry.
Washington, D.C.’s Finest Bars: Where to Drink in the District
With over 170 nations represented in just 68 square miles, the District serves as a captivating destination for diners looking to sample flavors from across the globe—drinks included. As the city’s culinary scene thrives and expands, choosing where to grab a drink has never been so much fun. From unmarked doors that lead to stylish, subterranean social clubs to rooftop lounges with specialty cocktails and unmatched monument views, here are some of Washington, D.C.’s best bars.
Top Hispanic Owned and Operated Restaurants in the U.S.
September 15th to October 15th brings the celebration of National Hispanic Heritage Month in the United States, a time that honors the cultures of people whose ancestors came from Central and South America, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Spain. A big part of the cultural heritage that many Latinx people share in this country is food. To honor National Hispanic Heritage Month, below find Hispanic-owned and -operated across the U.S.
Discover West End
In the very heart of the nation’s capital, D.C.’s West End is a vibrant and exciting cultural hotspot. Here, international influence and undiluted American pride shine and blend to create a unique cuisine experience. American-style restaurants litter the streets with hamburgers, pizza and typical bar food. Mexican, French, Italian, Thai, Japanese and other international restaurants are abundant and range from the most genuine authenticity to experimental blends. Adding to the scene, a slew of food trucks have popped up across the area providing access to comfort foods and original styles. The West End is truly a place that caters to all budgets and styles, and it is difficult to find any place in the world with more densely packed variety.
Frequently asked questions
As of December 1, 2023 there are 5 restaurants in West End DC. Filter by “outdoor dining”, “romantic” or “dog friendly”.
On OpenTable we support all cuisines. Find Italian, American, African, Contemporary European and more. Use our filters to find exactly what you’re looking for and make your reservation today.
Yes! We partner with restaurants in West End DC who deliver with Uber Eats, Postmates, ChowNow, Toast, Olo.
Yes, you can also see restaurants near you offering takeout.
Yes! OpenTable provides free, convenient and trusted options to book the best restaurants in West End DC either on OpenTable or directly with the restaurant.
Yes, we partner with a third party to bring back menu information for restaurants near you.