- MRMasRetroChicago / Illinois •11 reviews5.0Dined on Nov 24, 2023Server was wonderful, drinks and food were delicious, art was on point. Menu was confusing and differed from the website—those were the only downsides. Definitely going to hang in the cigar bar next time we go!More info1865 Steak Seafood & CigarsPrice: Expensive• Steakhouse• Petworth•3.9
- OTOpenTable DinerWashington, D.C. Area •1 review5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023I’ve always had good experiences at this restaurant. Food is good and consistent. The service is always prompt, friendly, and professionalMore infoOld Ebbitt GrillPrice: Moderate• American• Downtown•4.7
- NNicoleNew York / Tri-State Area •5 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023We were celebrating and hosting friends from out of town and brought them to Founding Farmers for the great food and ambience. It truly exceeded expectations. It was a busy day at the restaurant (new year's day around brunch), but every single staff member we interacted with was so deeply kind and present with us. We had someone with allergies with us and the whole kitchen and pastry team looked out to care for them. Major shoutout to our server Randy (Randi?) and manager Josue who were both spectacular. And, as always, all of the food was out of this world. We will be back and we will recommend to others. Thanks for getting our new year off to a great start!More infoFounding Farmers - DCPrice: Moderate• American• Foggy Bottom•4.3
- SScubaguyLos Angeles •21 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Great service and outstanding food. The sushi is top notch. The wine list is fun and cocktails for all.More infoThe HamiltonPrice: Moderate• American• Downtown•4.6
10 special occasion-worthy restaurants in Washington, DC
An epic night out in the country’s capital can mean dining where the Beltway bigwigs do—but it doesn’t have to. Washington, DC’s signature diversity trickles down to its special occasion spots, too. These restaurants in and around the District have what it takes to uplevel any occasion—even if it’s just a midweek dinner. Read on for a guide to the 10 best special occasion spots in Washington, DC, right now.
LatinX-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in D.C.
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These LatinX-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
The 5 reservations you need to make now at Washington, D.C.’s hottest 2023 restaurant openings
Washington, D.C.’s best new restaurants, ideal for your next brunch, lunch, or dinner, are home to some of the city’s hottest tables.
Black-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in D.C.
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find Black-owned and -operated restaurants to support. Explore the spots in your area.
LGBTQ-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Washington D.C.
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find LGBTQ-owned and -operated restaurants to support from coast to coast. Book a table at one of these spots to dine out (and proud!) for Pride month and beyond.
18 restaurants that define dining in Washington, D.C.
Sample the tastes that are essential to Washington, D.C. by booking a table at one of the city’s 18 greatest restaurants right now.
Women-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in D.C.
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Woman-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their identity — explore spots to support near you.
9 romantic restaurants in Washington, D.C. for every kind of date
Washington, DC’s quaint neighborhoods, spectacular riverscapes, and burgeoning culinary scene all conjure romance. Whether you’re celebrating a proposal, an anniversary, or a long overdue night together, a charming perch is never hard to find in the nation’s capital. A Dupont Circle townhouse, made for intimate occasions, serves top-notch Mediterranean plates on its wisteria-clad patio. Korean and Southern flavors come together at a handsome Penn Quarter hotspot, sure to up the ante on any anniversary. Read on for a guide to 9 date-worthy restaurants in Washington, DC, ready to host your romantic night out.
Discover the Top Women-Led Restaurants in the U.S. and Canada
There’s no better way to celebrate International Women’s Day than by paying a visit to one of these great restaurants — all helmed by women as chefs, managers, or owners. From running kitchens to managing multiple venues, these exceptional women are leaving their mark on the hospitality industry.
Washington, D.C.’s Finest Bars: Where to Drink in the District
With over 170 nations represented in just 68 square miles, the District serves as a captivating destination for diners looking to sample flavors from across the globe—drinks included. As the city’s culinary scene thrives and expands, choosing where to grab a drink has never been so much fun. From unmarked doors that lead to stylish, subterranean social clubs to rooftop lounges with specialty cocktails and unmatched monument views, here are some of Washington, D.C.’s best bars.
Top Hispanic Owned and Operated Restaurants in the U.S.
September 15th to October 15th brings the celebration of National Hispanic Heritage Month in the United States, a time that honors the cultures of people whose ancestors came from Central and South America, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Spain. A big part of the cultural heritage that many Latinx people share in this country is food. To honor National Hispanic Heritage Month, below find Hispanic-owned and -operated across the U.S.
Washington D.C., America's capital, is naturally a host to a wide and diverse array of cuisine. Located just north of Columbia Heights on the northeast corridor of D.C. is the Petworth neighborhood. While Petworth is a residential area, its dining offerings feel a little bit more youthful than some of the older, stuffier standbys in downtown D.C. Georgia Avenue is littered with bars and restaurants, and a stroll along this street will put you in close proximity to a number of gastropubs featuring farm-to-table salads, burgers and other gourmet pub-style food. Taverns and casual eateries seem to be the theme here, but for that international feel, just keep heading north to find authentic Jamaican delights.
Frequently asked questions
As of December 2, 2023 there are 2 restaurants in Petworth. Filter by “outdoor dining”, “romantic” or “dog friendly”.
On OpenTable we support all cuisines. Find Steakhouse, African and more. Use our filters to find exactly what you’re looking for and make your reservation today.
Yes! We partner with restaurants in Petworth who deliver with Uber Eats, Postmates, ChowNow, Toast, Olo.
Yes, you can also see restaurants near you offering takeout.
Yes! OpenTable provides free, convenient and trusted options to book the best restaurants in Petworth either on OpenTable or directly with the restaurant.
Yes, we partner with a third party to bring back menu information for restaurants near you.
- La Maria
- Fort Slocum Park
- General Scott Statue
- Parkview Recreation Center
- Fort Totten Park
- Twin Oaks Garden Recreation Center
- Rudolph Recreation Center
- Parkview Playground
- La Lisa
- Georgia Avenue Petworth Metro Station
- Keene Recreation Center
- Emery Recreation Center
- Hamilton Street Playground
- President Lincoln And Soldiers Home National Monument
- U's Soldiers And Airmens Home Golf Course
- Fort Stevens Monument And Marker
- Raymond Recreation Center
- Rudolph Playground
- Raymond Playground
- Rabaut Recreation Center