Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Rudy & Paco's offer the freshest seafood and steaks with a Central American flare. Come experience fine dining at its best with Paco and his staff.
We are honored to have the opportunity and privilege to serve you and your family.
~ Paco Vargas and Family
Lunch - Street parking is available, pay at parking meter or by App
Dinner - Street parking is free after 6 pm.
Dress code is strictly enforced for Dinner.
No shorts for men, women (including rompers) and children. Men must have a collared shirt (no t-shirts) and no hats.
Dress code for Lunch is casual with shorts acceptable but no hats.
We look forward to serving you soon!!
Paco Vargas and family
Street parking is complimentary after 6:00pm
New Years Eve at The Steakhouse
Guests will enjoy our Chef's 4-course dinner ($159 per person) with live music all night long For the 10 PM, 10:15 PM and 10:30 PM seating times only, there will be party favors and a champagne toast! If you have any questions, please reach out to the restaurant directly at (409) 740-8606
Located in beautiful Pelican Rest Marina, Number 13 boasts sweeping views of the water. Inside the restaurant, you will be treated to upscale surroundings that maintain an air of warmth and welcome you to dine with friends and family.
By the time you finish your meal, Number 13 will be your lucky number!
Please, no more than two checks per table.
We are happy to accept multiple, equal payments of greater quantity.
Dressy Casual attire required. No Shorts, Rompers, Tee Shirts or Tank Tops, Collard Shirts Required. Jeans are allowed on the dining room floor-no cuts offs or ripped jeans.
Waterman's Restaurant has a terrific low key ambiance and has been serving seafood to patrons for years. Consider ordering the salmon, which is grilled to perfection and served over a bed of rice, as it comes highly recommended by many. All of this and more is what makes Waterman's Restaurant such a special place.
Waterman's Restaurant offers a waterfront DockBar on the ground level that hosts a comfortable open-air bar with music, dancing and great drinks. Pull up to Waterman's Restaurant via Waterman's Marina on your boat if you so desire. Your boating attire is acceptable and even encouraged.
- TPTomPvipHouston •15 reviews5.0Dined 2 days agoSuperb….one could have an endless debate about which restaurant on the island is the best - Rudy and Paco or Vargas. The answer is both. Vargas was superb as usual!More infoVargas Cut & CatchPrice: Expensive• Steakhouse• Galveston•4.8
- LALuAnneLas Vegas •2 reviews5.0Dined 6 days agoNot only was the food excellent, but our waitress who said she had not been working there long was exceptional. Highly recommend this place.More infoFisherman's WharfPrice: Moderate• Seafood• Galveston•4.6
- AAggiemomvipHouston •21 reviews5.0Dined on Nov 23, 2023It is the best restaurant in Galveston. Paco , the owner , greets his customers & always makes his clients feel like his own friends ! He is very warm and welcoming ! The food and service is so good and consistent ! Always love “Rudy and Paco’s” when ever we are in Galveston!More infoRudy & Paco Restaurant & BarPrice: Expensive• Seafood• Galveston•4.9
- OTOpenTable DinervipHouston •62 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Specifically chose for New Years Day meal as they used to serve a small bowl of traditional Black Eyed Peas to every table for the NYD Holiday. Apparently, they do not do this anymore. Probably showing my age, but nevertelhess, was dissapointed. Had the whole stuffed flounder. Along with some delicious lump crabmeat on top, the stuffing had "salad" shrimp mixed in. Good seafood restaurants like Gaido's should NEVER use those, in any dish. Such things belong in the "seafood salad" along with the imitation crab at the local all-you-can eat buffet. Soured the experience of enjoying a $61 fish plate.More infoGaido's Seafood RestaurantPrice: Moderate• Seafood• Galveston•4.7
- LCLaurieCvipHouston •8 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023We love Katie’s Seafood! Fresh seafood combined with a great value, you can’t beat it.More infoKatie's Seafood HousePrice: Expensive• Seafood• Galveston•4.7
11 Houston restaurants perfect for special occasions
Houston’s celebration spots are as diverse as the rapidly growing city. And restaurants know how to add fuel to your festivities, whether that means a complimentary dessert, hand-written note, or a pitch-perfect Champagne bottle to match your epic night out. Your celebration might call for a round of margaritas and a queso or a stiff martini and a perfectly cooked steak. You’re in luck, because there’s no one way to celebrate in Houston. Read on for a guide to 11 restaurants made for special occasions.
Black-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support Near Houston
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find Black-owned and -operated restaurants to support. Explore the spots in your area.
Discover the Top Women-Led Restaurants in the U.S. and Canada
There’s no better way to celebrate International Women’s Day than by paying a visit to one of these great restaurants — all helmed by women as chefs, managers, or owners. From running kitchens to managing multiple venues, these exceptional women are leaving their mark on the hospitality industry.
9 Burgers You Must Try In Miami
There’s something about a nice juicy burger that makes it the perfect craveable dish — maybe because it’s a handheld meal that’s ideal for curing ailments like extreme hunger and hangovers. With so many combinations from meat to cheese to toppings and style of bun, no two burgers are the same — and nor should they be. Fortunately, in the Magic City there’s no shortage of delicious, mouthwatering burgers to sink your teeth into. From secret sauces to secret locations there’s always a new burger to discover. Here are nine Miami burgers to put on your to-do list immediately.
Top Hispanic Owned and Operated Restaurants in the U.S.
September 15th to October 15th brings the celebration of National Hispanic Heritage Month in the United States, a time that honors the cultures of people whose ancestors came from Central and South America, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Spain. A big part of the cultural heritage that many Latinx people share in this country is food. To honor National Hispanic Heritage Month, below find Hispanic-owned and -operated across the U.S.
On the small island of Galveston, most areas are geared toward tourism. That said, you'll find permanent locals enjoying fresh gulf shrimp, locally sourced steaks, or stuffed crab side-by-side with island visitors. Seawall dining, within walking distance of the surf, is generally more casual. More formal dining is available downtown. Many of the restaurants are owned and operated by second generation Galveston families, and the general atmosphere is open and welcome. As you would expect, the majority of eateries emphasize seafood that has been harvested from the surrounding gulf, although there are some Italian and even Greek restaurants sprinkled among the shrimp and lobster establishments.
Frequently asked questions
The most romantic restaurant in Galveston is Gaido's Seafood Restaurant
- Victorian Condos By AB Sea Resorts
- Schlitterbahn Galveston Island Waterpark
- Fire Fighter Park
- Quality Inn & Suites Beachfront
- The Tremont House, A Wyndham Grand Hotel
- East Beach
- Palm Beach At Moody Gardens
- Moody Mansion Museum
- Galveston Country Club
- Ra Apffel Park
- Daily News Building
- Emerald 1115
- Captain Jack's
- Surf Motel and Apartments
- Galveston Yacht Basin Marina
- Braslau Park
- 1859 Saint Josephs Church Museum
- Comfort Inn & Suites Beachfront
- Galveston Island Railroad Museum And Terminal
- Pirates Beach Marina