Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
"Consider the bao. Chinese in origin, it’s most easily described as a steamed bun filled with something savory. Yet, like the American concept of a sandwich, the bao exploded into a flexible format of untold bounds — served at any meal, filled with you-name-it, completely closed or wide open, with endless regional variants from across Asia and far beyond." - Matt Kettmann (SB Independent)
1 Block From State Street, Easy Parking, Public Lot Nearby, Free 75 Minute Parking, Walking Distance, El Pueblo Viejo Landmark District, Superior Court, Spanish Colonial Revival Courthouse, Santa Barbara Museum Of Art, Courthouse Gardens, Bell Tower, Bao, Food, Restaurant, Asian, American, New, Modern, Fried, Chicken, Octopus, Vegan, Vegetarian, Paelo, Friendly, Dog Friendly, Outdoor Patio, Heaters, Warm, Inviting, Hospitable, Modern Design
New Menu by Executive Chef Josh Brown
Modern American cuisine with a Mediterranean twist
Fresh, local ingredients, prepared with care. Excellent wines that reflect the quality and character of our region and work in concert with the cuisine. Warm, inviting ambiance, service at a relaxed, leisurely pace. Santa Barbara ‘Wine Country Cuisine’ means we source our ingredients using an ‘as-fresh-and-as-local-as-possible’ approach, with fish from the Santa Barbara Channel and produce from the surrounding countryside. We then take into account how these flavors can be presented in concert with our local wines. We believe you’ll taste the difference. Bon Appètit!
When requesting the greenhouse please note that is considered indoor dining.
Belmond El Encanto Dining Room features comfortable indoor seating and al fresco indulging on The Terrace. The Wine Room is the perfect venue for your private gatherings.
Light dining, sunset hour cocktails, extensive California wines by the glass and Afternoon Tea happen at The Lounge.
The Bar is your place for handcrafted cocktails complemented by live entertainment.
Recent upgrades to The Bistro’s patio include the addition of a cozy wood-burning fireplace, direct access to an oceanfront pool bar, and enhanced outdoor heating to enjoy breathtaking ocean vistas all year long.
Locals can enjoy a 10% discount.
Please note that holiday reservations are only available for in-house guests - room confirmation number is required to officially confirm your dining reservation during these times.
Accompanying the cuisine is an ambiance of pure scenic beauty, with floor-to-ceiling ocean views and a striking 25-seat bar topped with vibrant blue Amazonite quartz. Seating on the outdoor patio is also offered, showcasing some of the most captivating sunsets over the Pacific.
Complementing the Angel Oak dining experience is a premier cocktail program and exclusive wine cellar that houses the restaurant's 12,000-bottle collection.
Locals can enjoy a 10% discount.
To accommodate our second seating, early parties should plan for a maximum stay of 1.5 to 2hrs, depending on party size. Please call 805 966 9676 for more details.
A popular local’s favorite, opal restaurant & bar’s Eclectic California Cuisine fuses creative world cuisine influences with American Regional touches, from a 14 oz. Herb-Grilled Ribeye Steak on Tuscan White Beans, to Fresh Pan-Seared Fish & Seafood, Homemade Pastas, Gourmet Pizzas, fresh Baked Breads, imaginative Salads, & Homemade Desserts.
We have a Wine Spectator award-winning wine list, & a full bar with seasonal Craft Cocktails.
Our entire dining room staff assists to take care of each table, enabling exceptional service in a warm engaging manner, properly nuanced to your mood & taste. Our staff genuinely cares about giving you the best possible experience!
We feature a vibrant bar scene and a social atmosphere. We also serve our full menu nightly until 11pm. Stick around after dinner as we transform into one of Santa Barbara's best late night hot spots.
- MNMikeNCalifornia Central Coast •3 reviews5.0Dined 2 days agoGreat food. Jamie was very helpful. Owner John always makes his customer feel like family. Luv this place!More infoIntermezzo By Wine CaskPrice: Expensive• Californian• Santa Barbara•4.8
- OTOpenTable DinerOrlando / Central Florida East •4 reviews5.0Dined 4 days agoThe staff was amazing. We were greeted upon our arrival and given two table options to select from. The hostess was pleasant and friendly. Our server Miguel was exceptional he knew our need before we were able to ask. He was on top of everything and made our evening pleasant. Food was delicious and the service notably excellent. ￼More infoGalaPrice: Expensive• European• Santa Barbara•4.7
- MMargoSan Francisco Bay Area •1 review5.0Dined on Nov 24, 2023Had Thanksgiving dinner yesterday. Thank goodness they were open! We had the turkey dinner with all the trimmings. Best turkey I have ever had! The ambience was festive and the servers were great! So happy we stopped here on our road trip!More infoChase RestaurantPrice: Moderate• Italian• Santa Barbara•4.5
- HIHungryInHancockLos Angeles •2 reviews5.0Dined on Nov 23, 2023Always have amazing, tasty, home-cooked style meals here. Plus, best bread and drinks in town!More infoRoyPrice: Moderate• Contemporary American• Santa Barbara•4.4
- GRGenR88California Central Coast •3 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Very delicious. I got the huevos rancheros and my boyfriend got the smoked salmon bagel. We also shared the fruit plate and a side of bacon and sausage. The sides of bacon and sausage were delicious but it was only 3 pieces of bacon and 2 pieces of sausage for 12 dollars total. Our service was very nice but not very attentive, granted it was New Year’s Day so most people are tired. Overall a very enjoyable experience. Definitely would love to come and try out the dinner menu sometime.More infoFinch & ForkPrice: Expensive• American• Santa Barbara•4.3
Discover Santa Barbara
Only a two-hour jaunt from Los Angeles, Santa Barbara is a busy seaside town with a relaxed vibe and proximity to California's booming wine region. Sometimes called the American Riviera, Santa Barbara exudes alfresco charm while benefiting from local, fresh produce and sustainably harvested seafood. From the taco trail to cracked fresh crab at the pier to eclectic wine bars with delicate snacks, Santa Barbara is a culinary delight for a range of tastes. One thing you won't find much of is pretentious, black-tie dining; Santa Barbara prefers it low-profile. Fresh and local is the name of the game here. Copious nearby ranch land, wine country and independent distillers and breweries keep chefs inspired to design their menus with a distinctly local bent.
Frequently asked questions
The best reviewed restaurant in Santa Barbara is Bella Vista at Four Seasons Resort The Biltmore Santa Barbara
The restaurants with the best service in Santa Barbara are Bella Vista at Four Seasons Resort The Biltmore Santa Barbara, Valley to the Sea Winery and Barbareño
The restaurants with the best ambiance in Santa Barbara are Bella Vista at Four Seasons Resort The Biltmore Santa Barbara, Valley to the Sea Winery and Stonehouse at San Ysidro Ranch
- Loreto Plaza Shopping Center
- Casa Del Mar Inn
- Chumash Painted Cave State Historical Park
- The Presidio
- Marina Beach Motel
- Alice Keck Memorial Park
- Santa Barbara Zoo
- Shoreline Park
- Cabrillo Inn at the Beach
- Earl Warren Show Grounds
- Santa Barbara Municipal Golf Course
- Arlington Theatre
- Rattlesnake Canyon Park
- Milpitas Shopping Center
- Santa Barbara Historical Society Museum
- Antioch College
- Berkeley Park
- Mesa Shopping Center
- Hillside Park