Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
dLeña is derived from the Spanish word “leña,” meaning firewood. The restaurant is centered around it’s wood-burning grill - a nod to the rustic open-fire cooking techniques of Mexico’s past.
The menu transports diners to Mexico through a multi-sensory experience in every bite of the signature smoked entrées, fresh ceviches, and unique sharing plates. The expansive bar features hand-crafted margaritas, Latin cocktails, cervezas and vino.
We will now be offering limited tables on our patio along with limited tables inside in the dining room.
Due to our limited tables to maintain a safe and comfortable environment guests will be given a 90 min window from the start of their reservation regardless of tardiness.
Our patio is open based on weather and patio tables are non reservable. When the patio is open all patio tables are available on a first come first serve basis.
We hope you are staying healthy and safe, and we look forward to hosting you!
Join us for breakfast, lunch, dinner, weekday happy hour, decadent weekend Farmers Market Buffet Brunch, or grab a cup of house-roasted coffee and breakfast treat from our First Bake Cafe.
Majority owned by American family farmers, including the more than 50,000 farmers of the North Dakota Farmers Union, our restaurant is guided by a very simple principal: we see and share everything Through The Eyes Of The Farmer.™ We actively care about our guests, our communities, the planet, and the next generation. This all comes together in our everyday
- TYTimYChicago / Illinois •3 reviews4.0Dined 5 days agoGreat for upscale Italian dining. The menu and service are first-rate. The noise level is a little high for my liking.More infoRPM Italian - DCPrice: Very Expensive• Italian• Mount Vernon Square•4.7
- OTOpenTable DinerBaltimore / Maryland •1 review5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023All I can say is WOW!!! Saw this restaurant on Tic Tock and gave it a try…. Amazing experience the food was delicious, the drinks were on point. The sever was knowledgeable and provided recommendations. I can ’t wait to go back.More infoRumi's Kitchen - DCPrice: Expensive• Persian• Mount Vernon Square•4.8
- AMAliciaMWashington, D.C. Area •4 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Had a great brunch on New Years Day thanks to Richie. The food was great and the buffet well stocked. We enjoyed everything from fried chicken to doughnuts and delicious cocktails. For a Sunday brunch, I was surprised at how NOT noisy it was. And also, I’m not sure if was saying goodbye to 2022 or what, but as I made my second trip up to the buffet, the people around the restaurant looked happy and seemed to be genuinely enjoying themselves- I’d like to think it was the ambiance, helpful staff that pointed me to a delicious dessert I hadn’t tried, and all the rest of the great food.More infoFounding Farmers & Distillers - DCPrice: Moderate• American• Mount Vernon Square•4.4
- RRRayshardRWashington, D.C. Area •2 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Great Experience, the food was good, and the service exceeded our expectationsMore infoYardbird Table & Bar - Washington D.C.Price: Expensive• undefined• McPherson Square•4.5
- VValeriaWashington, D.C. Area •1 review5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Troy was absolutely amazing!!! He literally ready my mind by sending suggested brunch plates before I even ordered them and everything we got from the menu was delicious! I cannot wait to return!More infodLeñaPrice: Expensive• Latin American• Mount Vernon Square•4.8
LatinX-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in D.C.
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These LatinX-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
The 5 reservations you need to make now at Washington, D.C.’s hottest 2023 restaurant openings
Washington, D.C.’s best new restaurants, ideal for your next brunch, lunch, or dinner, are home to some of the city’s hottest tables.
Black-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in D.C.
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find Black-owned and -operated restaurants to support. Explore the spots in your area.
LGBTQ-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Washington D.C.
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find LGBTQ-owned and -operated restaurants to support from coast to coast. Book a table at one of these spots to dine out (and proud!) for Pride month and beyond.
18 restaurants that define dining in Washington, D.C.
Sample the tastes that are essential to Washington, D.C. by booking a table at one of the city’s 18 greatest restaurants right now.
Women-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in D.C.
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Woman-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their identity — explore spots to support near you.
9 romantic restaurants in Washington, D.C. for every kind of date
Washington, DC’s quaint neighborhoods, spectacular riverscapes, and burgeoning culinary scene all conjure romance. Whether you’re celebrating a proposal, an anniversary, or a long overdue night together, a charming perch is never hard to find in the nation’s capital. A Dupont Circle townhouse, made for intimate occasions, serves top-notch Mediterranean plates on its wisteria-clad patio. Korean and Southern flavors come together at a handsome Penn Quarter hotspot, sure to up the ante on any anniversary. Read on for a guide to 9 date-worthy restaurants in Washington, DC, ready to host your romantic night out.
12 of Washington, D.C.’s outstanding spots for celebrating special occasions
As a city that has seen countless graduations, engagements, and birthdays, Boston takes special occasions to another level. On the North End, a neighborhood with a deep-rooted Italian connection, ring in just about anything with decadent lobster agnolotti in a 19th-century row house. For a gathering with friends, head to the Back Bay, where an acclaimed chef serves up bountiful seafood platters, piled high with local oysters. If it’s a more intimate milestone you’re marking, grab a reservation at an elegant omakase spot in Chinatown. Book a table at one of these top 12 restaurants, equipped for any festivity.
Discover the Top Women-Led Restaurants in the U.S. and Canada
There’s no better way to celebrate International Women’s Day than by paying a visit to one of these great restaurants — all helmed by women as chefs, managers, or owners. From running kitchens to managing multiple venues, these exceptional women are leaving their mark on the hospitality industry.
Washington, D.C.’s Finest Bars: Where to Drink in the District
With over 170 nations represented in just 68 square miles, the District serves as a captivating destination for diners looking to sample flavors from across the globe—drinks included. As the city’s culinary scene thrives and expands, choosing where to grab a drink has never been so much fun. From unmarked doors that lead to stylish, subterranean social clubs to rooftop lounges with specialty cocktails and unmatched monument views, here are some of Washington, D.C.’s best bars.
Top Hispanic Owned and Operated Restaurants in the U.S.
September 15th to October 15th brings the celebration of National Hispanic Heritage Month in the United States, a time that honors the cultures of people whose ancestors came from Central and South America, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Spain. A big part of the cultural heritage that many Latinx people share in this country is food. To honor National Hispanic Heritage Month, below find Hispanic-owned and -operated across the U.S.
Discover Mt. Vernon Square
An up-and-coming neighborhood, Mt. Vernon Square seems to have a new restaurant popping up every week. It hosts the second largest building in D.C., the Walter E. Washington Convention Center, after rising up from its 1930's decline. To support its young professional residents and lively Convention Center clientele, the neighborhood offers a restaurant for every occasion, including ones by big-name chefs and many with international cuisine. Thick and crusty pizza, Spanish tapas, Turkish small plates, and Korean mandu are a sampling of what is offered. The nightlife is especially busy with its recent reputation as a bar crawling hotspot, where you can sample classic cocktails.
Frequently asked questions
As of September 23, 2023 there are 19 restaurants in Mount Vernon Square. Filter by “outdoor dining”, “romantic” or “dog friendly”.
On OpenTable we support all cuisines. Find American, Persian, Latin American, Italian, Turkish and more. Use our filters to find exactly what you’re looking for and make your reservation today.
Yes! We partner with restaurants in Mount Vernon Square who deliver with Uber Eats, Postmates, ChowNow, Toast, Olo.
Yes, you can also see restaurants near you offering takeout.
Yes! OpenTable provides free, convenient and trusted options to book the best restaurants in Mount Vernon Square either on OpenTable or directly with the restaurant.
Yes, we partner with a third party to bring back menu information for restaurants near you.
- Minute Man Statue
- William F Allen Statue
- Union Station Metro Station
- Centurion Statue
- Union Station Shopping Center
- Union Station Visitor Center
- Phoenix Park Hotel
- Victims of Communism Memorial
- Shops At Union Station Shopping Center
- National Philatelic And Postal History Museum
- Washington Fully Furnished Apartments