Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Our Private Dining Rooms-located in the Wine Cellar, along with the Pierpont's Belvedere Room on the 2nd floor overlooking Grand Hall, offer more intimate settings for groups of 6 to 60. They are perfect for business or entertaining guests and each room is individually decorated, offering an exceptional place to celebrate a special occasion, close the deal, or have a gathering with friends.
Jack Stack Barbecue originated in Kansas City in 1957, by Russ Fiorella in a traditional storefront barbecue, with a modest selection of 5 or 6 items. Jack Fiorella, the eldest son, worked with his father until 1974 when he decided to branch off and start Fiorella's Jack Stack of Martin City.
To stand out in the competitive KC barbecue scene of the mid 1970's, Jack and Delores, began cooking with Gourmet Hickory Wood and created the most extensive barbecue menu in the country. The menu included Certified Angus Beef steaks, tender chicken, award-winning lamb ribs, and mouth-watering sides like Hickory Pit Beans and Cheesy Corn Bake.
Named for another Crossroads O.G. and pal of Pendergast, Johnny Lazia, our dinner-only restaurant sits at the Crossroads of Italian culinary inspiration and the farms and fields of the Heartland in the Midwest.
We are currently open Wednesday-Sunday from 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Valet Parking for LAZIA GUESTS: $9
Lazia is happy to accommodate most dietary restrictions. However, we will not be able to accommodate requests regarding severe gluten allergies or celiac disease.
Every day Lidia's offers a sampling of seasonal, daily-made pastas. We also feature many seafood, chicken, pork, and beef options. We are happy to accommodate your dietary needs including gluten-free items.
Lidia's is located in the historic Freighthouse-- a beautiful 19th century building. The stunning decor includes three hand-blown chandeliers, a three-story slate fireplace, and cozy, New York style seating.
Please note: Separate billing for parties of 6 or more is not allowed. Maximum of 3 cards per transaction.
- OTOpenTable DinerWashington, D.C. Area •1 review5.0Dined 1 day agoI had an amazing experience at Pierpont. I am visiting from Washington DC for the Renaissance Tour and I’m so happy my friend and I chose to eat here. We had a great server, Suzanne who went above and beyond making our night super special. We enjoyed the Chesapeake Bay Crab Cakes, Caesar Salad, 14 oz Ribeye, Lobster Tail, Lobster Mac & Cheese, and Shrimp Cocktail and everything was delicious! We also enjoyed several cocktails that were so good and just enough alcohol. The ambience was also nice. I took so many beautiful pictures throughout the restaurant. I’ll be visiting KC again and Pierpont will once again be on my list of places to Dine in KC <3More infoPierpont's at Union StationPrice: Expensive• Steakhouse• Crossroads / Freight District / Boulevard•4.8
- JMJulieMKansas City / Kansas •3 reviews5.0Dined 1 day agoLazia is our go-to for a special meal. The ambiance and food presentation is unmatched and the food is amazing. The mozzarella presentation is worth every penny.More infoLaziaPrice: Expensive• Contemporary Italian• Crossroads / Freight District / Boulevard•4.7
- JPJohnPGreater Boston •3 reviews5.0Dined 2 days agoI have always wanted to go to Lidia’s but I don’t live anywhere near Kansas City, so when I was in town for a live music event, I knew I had to book a table. My expectations were exceeded from the moment we walked under the trellised entrance to the moment we signed the check. Our server Matt was exceptional. I felt like we were experiencing everything this restaurant had to offer as though we were his house guests. He elevated every single decision we made and made sure to point out all the little details of the very best the restaurant had to offer throughout our meal. Every dish we ordered featured exceptional, but simple flavors. I will always remember this special dinner experience. Tutti a tavola a mangiare!More infoLidia's RestaurantPrice: Expensive• Italian• Crossroads / Freight District / Boulevard•4.7
- MMMelyndaMChicago / Illinois •2 reviews5.0Dined 3 days agoThis has to be the best pop up in town! The drinks are exceptionally themed AND delicious! (Props to the bartender- he’s amazing. I believe he was the same bartender when we came to this popup when it was Jaws themed and he was fantastic then, too.) The theming is mega-fun and the food is delicious. I’m anxiously awaiting to hear what the next themes will be!More infoConductor ClubPrice: Expensive• Cocktail Bar• E. Kansas City•4.8
- CHChadHPhiladelphia / New Jersey Suburbs •2 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023This restaurant is one that anyone visiting KC should try. Try it once and you'll want to visit it every time you go back to KC. If I was a resident of KC, I'd be there frequently, even to just have a great European beer at the bar. The owner (is it more than one? I just met the nice lady) is wonderful and the front of house are very helpful and professional. Get the strudel for dessert and order extra red cabbage for taking home. Find something to put it on or just eat it as a late night snack. Trust me.More infoGrünauerPrice: Expensive• Austrian• Crossroads / Freight District / Boulevard•4.8
You can enjoy exquisite art studios, smooth jazz tunes, street performers and just about every kind of food imaginable in Kansas City's Crossroads arts district. This trendy neighborhood buzzes with tempting tastes and brisk beverages. Grab a street taco from a chuckwagon food truck or sip a handcrafted brew before heading to a gallery. Hop on a streetcar from the avant-garde areas that lie between the Crossroads and the Freight District before checking out a pop-up party and grabbing some tapas. Play some retro video games at a local lounge that also offers hip cocktails. If you're a night owl, you can find live music into the wee hours along with bars and bistros.
Frequently asked questions
The most romantic restaurant in Kansas City Crossroads is Lidia's Restaurant
- Kansas City Amtrak
- Residence Inn Kansas City Downtown/Union Hill
- National World War I Museum At Liberty Memorial
- The Westin Crown Center Hotel
- Union Station
- Baseball Diamond
- Penn Valley Park
- Montgall Playground
- World War Ii Memorial
- Spring Valley Park
- Linwood Shopping Center
- Central Park
- Arrowhead Inn
- Crews Square
- 18th And Vine District
- Sea Life
- Chelsea Park
- Liberty Memorial