Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
We are business casual. Thank you for not wearing tank tops, sleeveless shirts, flip-flops, gym wear, or short shorts. Dress shorts are acceptable. Please remove your hat when entering.
*Please call The Rosebud at 312-942-1117 for handicap accessible seating and accommodations can be made when available.
A 3% Surcharge will be added to every check. We will be happy to remove this by request.
Chez Joel Since 1999
Chicago Magazine voted Peanut Park One of the Top Restaurants in Chicago February 2022 and Tasting Table said we are " One of the Absolute Best Italian Restaurants in Chicago" this past May 2022.
Our menu is simple and we aim to celebrate Italian classics and timeless bistro favorites.
We embody passion, integrity, and excellence while striving to provide an authentic dining experience by celebrating tradition and invoking the modern. Don't miss our handmade pastas, pizza and incredible cocktail menu. Join us in our dining room or dine al fresco on the rooftop for a one of a kind experience!
- OTOpenTable DinervipDetroit / Eastern Michigan •1 review5.0Dined 2 days agoAbsolutely love this place! The food and the service are always spectacular.More infoPeanut Park TrattoriaPrice: Expensive• Italian• Little Italy / University Village•4.7
- OTOpenTable DinerChicago / Illinois •4 reviews5.0Dined 3 days agoThis place is amazing. The food is delicious! The service was amazing from the start. Greatly recommend this place for any occasion or just cause you want a delicious Italian mealMore infoThe RosebudPrice: Expensive• Italian• Little Italy / University Village•4.8
- TTangerinevipJacksonville / Northeast Florida •12 reviews5.0Dined 4 days agoOur waiter was fantastic! He really brightened up the night. Made wonderful recommendations and wasn’t afraid to tell us even what he didn’t like :) love the honesty and friendliness. The pistachio spread was heavenly! Garlic and avocado hummus perfect. And the shrimp was so tasteful. Cocktails were great. Loved the romantic ambiance. Pricey, but everything was perfect! Will come back when in Chicago again.More infoAba - ChicagoPrice: Very Expensive• Mediterranean• West Loop•4.8
- OTOpenTable DinerChicago / Illinois •1 review5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023The holiday decor was outstanding, the server was energetic, friendly and efficient. The food was historic Walnut Room fare. The extra touch of a fairy princess assisting my grandchild with a special wish made the experience even more memorable.More infoThe Walnut Room - ChicagoPrice: Expensive• American• Downtown / Loop•4.5
- BCBridgetCChicago / Illinois •2 reviews5.0Dined on May 5, 2022Always love coming here since I was a kid. The food is excellent and authentic.More infoPompei - TaylorPrice: Moderate• Italian• Little Italy / University Village•4.1
Chicago’s 9 hottest restaurant openings of 2023
Chicago’s most thrilling restaurant debuts of the year include a nationally acclaimed South Indian spot and a Ukrainian spot from a James Beard Award-winning duo.
4 freewheeling, fun restaurant trends that emerged in 2023
Maximalism, a bigger focus on the bar, transportive meals, and other restaurant trends to know from the year gone by.
Chicago’s 7 hottest restaurant openings of 2023
Chicago’s best new restaurants, ideal for your next brunch, lunch, or dinner, are home to some of the city’s hottest tables.
10 special occasion-worthy restaurants in Chicago
Chicagoans know that special-occasion meals come in all shapes and sizes. And even though many celebrations in this Midwestern sports town are centered around home team victories, championships aren’t the only reasons to party here. These Windy City restaurants transform a regular Saturday (or Monday or Tuesday) night into an unforgettable evening. Read on for a guide to the 10 best places in Chicago for celebrating special occasions right now.
LatinX-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Chicago
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These LatinX-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
Black-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Chicago
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find Black-owned and -operated restaurants to support on Juneteenth, and everyday. Explore the spots in your area.
LGBTQ-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Chicago
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find LGBTQ-owned and -operated restaurants to support from coast to coast. Book a table at one of these spots to dine out (and proud!) for Pride month and beyond.
Chicago’s 8 favorite bars
Chicago’s best bars range from high-end cocktail lounges and charming wine bars to tried-and-true neighborhood escapes.
Asian-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support Near Chicago
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Asian-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
15 restaurants that define Chicago
Meet the best restaurants that define Chicago's dining scene, capturing its past and present while also imagining its future.
Women-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Chicago
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Woman-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their identity — explore spots to support near you.
The 11 Best Restaurants in Chicago for a Romantic Date Night
Whether it’s for that special February holiday or just because, the Windy City abounds with romantic restaurants. A sexy seafood spot in River North serves exquisite oysters and liquid nitrogen cocktails. In the West Loop, a Croatian Italian restaurant steered by a Top Chef winner has plenty of cozy corners for cuddling. A flamenco guitarist serenades diners at a 50-year-old fondue favorite in Lakeview. Chicago has plenty of options for your next date, whether you’re looking for a casual evening of quiet conversation or a show-stopping display of culinary wooing. Go ahead and put down that heart-shaped chocolate box and book a table at one of these 11 romantic restaurants instead.
9 Bucket-List Burgers in Chicago
Deep-dish pizza and loaded hot dogs might be what the Windy City is known for, but Chicago knows how to make a damn good burger. The city is jam-packed with restaurants presenting their takes on the ground meat sandwich. Think Venteux’s chuck patty topped with raclette and crispy shallots, Adorn’s dry-aged prime beef burger, or Blue Door Farm Stand’s vegan quinoa burger with mango chutney. Here are the best burgers you do not want to miss in Chicago.
Discover Little Italy
By 1927, Italians in Chicago owned more than 250 restaurants. Their innovations -- such as deep-dish pizza and mass-produced gyros -- still influence the Little Italy dining scene today. There are at least three theories about who invented the iconic Italian beef sandwich. Or course, you won't care who originated it when you’re sinking your teeth into one that’s dripping with hot gravy. Don’t even think of leaving town without savoring the intense flavor of a dry-aged rib eye. Order traditional Chicken Vesuvio for a pleasing pop of garlic, and if you’ve always wanted to cry, "Opa!" in a crowded restaurant, ask for saganaki cheese flambeed tableside. Do you still have room for dessert? Try a local brownie. The original was invented right here by Bertha Palmer, who whipped up the first batch for the Chicago World's Fair in 1893.
Frequently asked questions
The best reviewed restaurant in Little Italy Chicago is Davanti Enoteca - Taylor Street