Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Well-known for our signature Clam Chowder, Grilled Swordfish, and Crème Brûlée, the Brigantine is a favorite among locals for consistently fresh seafood, succulent steaks and grilled meats.
Located near the California Center for the Arts, Escondido, the Brigantine features fireside seating in a casual dining room, and in the adjacent lounge. Outdoor dining is available on one of our intimate patios, which include both fireplace and water features.
Private dining is available.
The Escondido Brigantine serves dinner 7 nights a week, and lunch Monday-Saturday. Join us for our signature Happy Hour.
Vincent’s has meant so much to me over these last 17 years, but it's important to evolve and stay ahead of the curve. The team and I are excited for this next chapter and we know our loyal guests will love the new experience we have planned.
- Chef Brandon Hunsaker
Our Chefs are proud to serve steaks that are aged at least 21 days, fresh-cut daily, and grilled over an open flame. Our menu has a variety of specialties to choose from: our legendary steaks, seafood, fall-off-the-bone Baby Back Ribs, our famous slow-roasted Prime Rib and many more. We pride ourselves at Black Angus Steakhouse for superior quality, friendly service, and great food. It’s more than a tradition - it's our passion every day.
OpenTable Diners Choice 2022 Award for Best Ambiance
Enjoy an incredible view of the African Plains at the Safari Park's newest gathering spot: The Watering Hole restaurant and bar. Watch rhinos and giraffes as you dine on menu items including tasty sandwiches and fresh salads, or relax with a refreshing beverage from the full-service bar with a wide selection of craft beers, wine, and mixed drinks.
Due to current COVID-19 restrictions, limited seating is available and hours are subject to change. Please check for operating hours upon arrival at the Safari Park.
18% Gratuity charge to be added to checks for parties of 7 or more
- MMitchvipSan Diego •39 reviews5.0Dined 1 day agoSuch a nice hostess and Jade the server were both excellent!More infoBrigantine EscondidoPrice: Moderate• Seafood• Escondido•4.7
- KLKolbyLadyvipSan Diego •11 reviews5.0Dined 5 days agoWe had the San Diego Restaurant Week menu. Lovely kale salad with avocado and a yummy dressing, their Turkey Pot Pie ending with a shared plate of decadent desserts. Very impressed. It had been at least a year since we had been there. Their new owner is delightful and was so helpful. We will definitely go there again.More infoHunsakersPrice: Expensive• Farm-to-table• Escondido•4.5
- RERayEvipSan Diego •40 reviews5.0Dined 5 days agoTheir menu changes from time to time, which is much appreciated, but they also keep some long-time favorites. Their onion soup was excellent, as always. My wife had the filet and I had the pork, and both were flavorful. We appreciate the new version of their 'Wednesday half-off on bottle wines', which is now any wines that also have a glass price. A much better selection! We also appreciate the quieter aspect in the seating area beyond the bar even when they have music/entertainment by the bar. Staff are always friendly and remember you if you are a repeat dinner.More infoBellamy's RestaurantPrice: Moderate• American• Escondido•4.5
- KDKathyDBaltimore / Maryland •3 reviews5.0Dined 6 days agoThe decor is beautiful….obviously a lot of stone! The server was attentive and the beer and food delicious! We had friends visit from Maryland and we were all very impressed and will definitely return! If it not too cold, eat outside to really get the whole experience!More infoStone Brewing World Bistro & GardensPrice: Moderate• Beer Garden• Escondido•4.6
- CPCherylPWashington, D.C. Area •8 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 2, 2023We had Good service and our food was served timely. Unfortunately the restaurant was out of a couple of the signature cocktails as well as Guinness. Love the popovers.More infoVintana Wine & DinePrice: Expensive• American• Escondido•4.7
LatinX-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in LA
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These LatinX-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
LGBTQ-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in San Diego
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find LGBTQ-owned and -operated restaurants to support from coast to coast. Book a table at one of these spots to dine out (and proud!) for Pride month and beyond.
Asian-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support Near San Diego
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Asian-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
Women-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in LA
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Woman-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their identity — explore spots to support near you.
A Guide to the Best Date Spots in San Diego
Conversations begin on Bumble but they get even deeper IRL. When it’s time to move from direct messaging to direct eye contact, find a table for two. And to make it super easy, OpenTable and Bumble are teaming up to help you find the best date spots in your city. Find a restaurant that fits your style, whether you want drinks on a patio or a special four-course meal, OpenTable can help you choose the cuisine, seating area, and even book unique experiences with nearby restaurants. Download the Bumble app to find your match, and check the list below to find your table.
For those who love beautiful hills and picturesque lakes, Escondido is an excellent city. Located in San Diego’s North County, this town’s dining scene embraces a wide variety of flavors that are both exciting and fresh. One of Escondido’s culinary specialties is Mexican cooking. There are several taquerias and Southwestern-inspired eateries that serve delicious entrées. The area is also well known for its chef-owned establishments, including European and Asian-inspired restaurants, which provide unique takes on a variety of tastes. Many of Escondido’s eateries embrace the local sunny and pleasant climate; in fact, many of the restaurants offer patio seating, allowing patrons to soak up some rays while enjoying their meals.
Frequently asked questions
The most romantic restaurant in Escondido is Vintana Wine & Dine
- Mountain View Park
- Country Corner Shopping Center
- Washington Square Shopping Center
- Escondido Hills Plaza Shopping Center
- Rancho Bernardo Community Park
- Dixon Lake
- Campus Shopping Center
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Diego-Escondido
- El Norte Park
- Westside Park
- California Center For The Arts Escondido
- Second Amendment Mall Shopping Center
- Eagle Crest Golf Club
- Escondido Promenade Shopping Center
- San Marcos Shopping Center
- Palomar College
- Felicita Plaza Shopping Center
- Motel 6 Escondido
- Dixon Dam And Lake City Park
- Oak Hill City Park