Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
*Our beautiful city of San Francisco gets chilly at night, Do not forget your jacket.
*Due to Limited tables, every table has a time limit of 90 minutes.
*Punctually is important, we will patiently wait 10 minutes past reservation time, then table will be given away.
San Francisco’s critically acclaimed Mochica is the home of Peruvian Fusion. Long considered one of San Francisco's best kept secrets, Chef Carlos Altamirano prominently features the unmistakable touch of Peru, with the distinct flavors of regional spices in every dish; yet with unexpected and delightful twists.
- OTOpenTable Diner1 review5.0Dined 2 days agoFantastic first experience. Won’t wait for a special occasion to come back. Thank you for having us!More infoMiller & LuxPrice: Very Expensive• Steakhouse• Mission Bay / South Beach•4.8
- FCFrancoCivipSan Francisco Bay Area •20 reviews5.0Dined 4 days agoHere is a truly exceptional restaurant where each meal has managed to impress us even more than the previous ones, and those were already some of the best dining experiences anywhere. Kokkari is the type of place that has helped San Francisco achieve its reputation as a renowned restaurant city. These unforgettable experiences start at the top with managers such as Michele DiRuocco leading by example for the team: professional, knowledgeable, courteous, hospitable, patient, sociable, etc. This team knows every detail of its menu, and their knowledge of the wine list especially some unique Greek varietals is unmatched. We cannot wait to return soon.More infoKokkari EstiatorioPrice: Expensive• Mediterranean• Financial District / Embarcadero•4.9
- WMWallaceM1 review5.0Dined 5 days agoI took my (now) wife on our second date to Foreign Cinema almost 20 years ago. For a while we ate there often because of the consistently excellent food and classy casual atmosphere, but with kids, COVID and life we hadn't been there in several years. Yesterday we went there for our 18th anniversary. I'm very happy to say that Foreign Cinema is as wonderful as ever. I loved the food, but that doesn't mean much. My wife is a foodie. That she repeatedly raved about the flavors is high praise. Service was prompt, attentive and best of all non-intrusive. Like everywhere the prices have gone up, but it still doesn't break the bank. On a Monday night the entire place was packed and lively. It's not a quiet place, but it's a happy noise not irritating.More infoForeign CinemaPrice: Expensive• Californian• Mission District•4.7
- MMeghanChicago / Illinois •5 reviews5.0Dined on Aug 19, 2023The food was amazing from the crispy, spicy fried chicken over a waffle to the freshly baked cornbread muffins. Not to mention, the sweet tea! Also, I appreciated how the service staff were attentive and warm.More infoHard Knox Cafe on 3rd StreetPrice: Moderate• Southern• Potrero Hill / Dogpatch•4.7
- RRRonRvipSan Francisco Bay Area •6 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 2, 2023The place is absolutely beautiful from the second you walk in the door. The food was incredible and our server was attentive but not obtrusive. It was such a great dinner. We can’t wait to go back to recreate the entire experience.More infoThe Palm Court at RH San FranciscoPrice: Expensive• American• Potrero Hill / Dogpatch•4.7
The New York Times names its 50 favorite restaurants for 2023
Among the favorites this year are Keralan comfort food spot Thattu in Chicago and the cafe-by-day, restaurant-by-night Comfort Kitchen in Boston.
Here are Food & Wine’s Best New Chefs and Best Restaurants in the US for 2023
Read on for the magazine’s picks for the best new chefs in the country and readers’ top restaurants in the US.
LGBTQ-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in San Francisco
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find LGBTQ-owned and -operated restaurants to support from coast to coast. Book a table at one of these spots to dine out (and proud!) for Pride month and beyond.
Asian-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support Near San Francisco
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Asian-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
A Guide to the Best Date Spots in the Bay Area
Conversations begin on Bumble but they get even deeper IRL. When it’s time to move from direct messaging to direct eye contact, find a table for two. And to make it super easy, OpenTable and Bumble are teaming up to help you find the best date spots in your city. Find a restaurant that fits your style, whether you want drinks on a patio or a special four-course meal, OpenTable can help you choose the cuisine, seating area, and even book unique experiences with nearby restaurants. Download the Bumble app to find your match, and check the list below to find your table.
Discover Potrero Hill
Awash with sunshine and city views, Potrero Hill offers a surprising dining scene on the southeastern side of SF. Pairing well with the breweries and dive bars in the neighborhood is all-you-can eat pizza, but it’s not all casual grub. French cuisine, Turkish-Mediterranean eating, Peruvian food, and the comfort staple of macaroni and cheese are some of the highlights in this low-key area that’s on the rise. There still are secrets to be found though, especially when it comes to brunch. So next time the lines are too long in other, more trendy hoods, head to the Hill for an under-the-radar vibe.
Frequently asked questions
As of September 24, 2023 there are 6 restaurants in Potrero Hill . Filter by “outdoor dining”, “romantic” or “dog friendly”.
On OpenTable we support all cuisines. Find American, Peruvian, Sushi, Southern and more. Use our filters to find exactly what you’re looking for and make your reservation today.
Yes! We partner with restaurants in Potrero Hill who deliver with Uber Eats, Postmates, ChowNow, Toast, Olo.
Yes, you can also see restaurants near you offering takeout.
Yes! OpenTable provides free, convenient and trusted options to book the best restaurants in Potrero Hill either on OpenTable or directly with the restaurant.
Yes, we partner with a third party to bring back menu information for restaurants near you.