Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Our unique lakeside getaway is the perfect ambiance for our chef’s curated menu. Begin the evening with our flavorful dinner options and custom cocktails, and let the night evolve into a late-night revelry.
The perfect escape, we look forward to seeing you at Ivy by the Lake.
- IFItalianFoodLovervipWashington, D.C. Area •134 reviews5.0Dined 4 days agoExcellent venue for special occasion. We were celebrating a birthday. Food was delicious. Love the ambiance of fancy steakhouse.More infoEddie Merlot's Prime Aged Beef & Seafood - AshburnPrice: Very Expensive• Steak• Ashburn•4.3
- SCSteakConnoisseurChicago / Illinois •6 reviews5.0Dined 4 days agoWe started off with a round of drinks. The DC Prime old fashioned was pretty good, made with a Maker’s DC Prime Barrel Select bourbon. Oysters Rockefeller for an appetizer hit the spot and followed up with a Ribeye Filet. I never heard of a ribeye filet so I decided to give it a try. It had the flavor of a ribeye with the texture of a filet mignon. I would definitely get it again but open to try some of the other cuts. We had the loaded baked potato and Brussels sprouts on the side. Probably would go for a different side next time. We were too full for desert but the deserts we saw floating around looked amazing. Price was a little high compared to other prime steakhouses in the area but not by much. At the end of our meal our server said the owner was going to stop by our table. He walked by our table a couple times after that but didn’t stop by.More infoDC Prime SteakhousePrice: Very Expensive• Steakhouse• Ashburn•4.6
- MAMaryAvipVirginia •8 reviews5.0Dined 7 days agoGreat cozy restaurant with great food and service.More infoThe Bungalow LakehousePrice: Moderate• Contemporary American• Sterling•4.5
- Hhlang1Philadelphia / New Jersey Suburbs •4 reviews5.0Dined on Nov 11, 2023Music was a little loud for my liking. The servers barely knew anything about the menu when we had questions —but they kindly went to go check on things for the stuff they didn’t know. It was a nice experience. We sat outside so I could have a hookah and the heaters kept us warm despite it being very cold. The food was great. The quantity of food was huge (chicken shawarma experience)—we’ll be eating for days. Overall good experience, but wish the music content and volume would have been different.More infoIVY by the LakePrice: Moderate• Middle Eastern• Sterling•4.2
- CBChrisBEcuador •1 review5.0Dined on Jan 2, 2023Fantastic place for a dinner date! I would highly recommend.More infoBenihana - Dulles, VAPrice: Moderate• Japanese• Sterling•3.8
10 special occasion-worthy restaurants in Washington, DC
An epic night out in the country’s capital can mean dining where the Beltway bigwigs do—but it doesn’t have to. Washington, DC’s signature diversity trickles down to its special occasion spots, too. These restaurants in and around the District have what it takes to uplevel any occasion—even if it’s just a midweek dinner. Read on for a guide to the 10 best special occasion spots in Washington, DC, right now.
LatinX-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in D.C.
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These LatinX-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
The 5 reservations you need to make now at Washington, D.C.’s hottest 2023 restaurant openings
Washington, D.C.’s best new restaurants, ideal for your next brunch, lunch, or dinner, are home to some of the city’s hottest tables.
Black-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in D.C.
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find Black-owned and -operated restaurants to support. Explore the spots in your area.
LGBTQ-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Washington D.C.
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find LGBTQ-owned and -operated restaurants to support from coast to coast. Book a table at one of these spots to dine out (and proud!) for Pride month and beyond.
18 restaurants that define dining in Washington, D.C.
Sample the tastes that are essential to Washington, D.C. by booking a table at one of the city’s 18 greatest restaurants right now.
Women-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in D.C.
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Woman-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their identity — explore spots to support near you.
9 romantic restaurants in Washington, D.C. for every kind of date
Washington, DC’s quaint neighborhoods, spectacular riverscapes, and burgeoning culinary scene all conjure romance. Whether you’re celebrating a proposal, an anniversary, or a long overdue night together, a charming perch is never hard to find in the nation’s capital. A Dupont Circle townhouse, made for intimate occasions, serves top-notch Mediterranean plates on its wisteria-clad patio. Korean and Southern flavors come together at a handsome Penn Quarter hotspot, sure to up the ante on any anniversary. Read on for a guide to 9 date-worthy restaurants in Washington, DC, ready to host your romantic night out.
Discover the Top Women-Led Restaurants in the U.S. and Canada
There’s no better way to celebrate International Women’s Day than by paying a visit to one of these great restaurants — all helmed by women as chefs, managers, or owners. From running kitchens to managing multiple venues, these exceptional women are leaving their mark on the hospitality industry.
Washington, D.C.’s Finest Bars: Where to Drink in the District
With over 170 nations represented in just 68 square miles, the District serves as a captivating destination for diners looking to sample flavors from across the globe—drinks included. As the city’s culinary scene thrives and expands, choosing where to grab a drink has never been so much fun. From unmarked doors that lead to stylish, subterranean social clubs to rooftop lounges with specialty cocktails and unmatched monument views, here are some of Washington, D.C.’s best bars.
Top Hispanic Owned and Operated Restaurants in the U.S.
September 15th to October 15th brings the celebration of National Hispanic Heritage Month in the United States, a time that honors the cultures of people whose ancestors came from Central and South America, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Spain. A big part of the cultural heritage that many Latinx people share in this country is food. To honor National Hispanic Heritage Month, below find Hispanic-owned and -operated across the U.S.
Sterling is a suburb of Washington, D.C., that comes to life in the evenings and on the weekends. Known as the home of many golf clubs and community spaces, Sterling also boasts several expansive outdoor recreation areas, such as Claude Moore Park. At the park, you can enjoy a picnic with some of the Middle Eastern or Indian food that can be picked up from the downtown food trucks. Chicken shawarma is one of the most popular options. Sterling is also home to many sports bars that are abuzz with activity on the weekends. The community has a growing population hailing from Central and South America. You'll find plenty of family-owned and operated casual restaurants offering Ecuadorian specialties such as humitas.
Frequently asked questions
The best reviewed restaurant in Sterling is Agni South Indian Cuisine
- Volcano Island Waterpark
- Candlewood Suites Sterling
- Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Wash. Dulles
- Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling
- Briar Patch Park
- Mckee Beshers Wildlife Management Area
- Hampton Inn Dulles/Cascades
- 1757 Golf Club
- Village Center On Seven Shopping Center
- Courtyard Dulles Town Center
- Claude Moore Park
- Parc City Shopping Center
- Algonkian Golf Course
- Sterling Park Shopping Center
- Hyatt Place Sterling Dulles Airport North
- Loudoun Heritage Farm Museum
- Sugarland Run Square Shopping Center
- DoubleTree by Hilton Dulles Airport-Sterling
- Potomac Run Shopping Center
- Residence Inn Dulles Airport At Dulles 28 Centre