Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Book your reservation at https://www.exploretock.com/the-macmillan-whisky-room-fairfax
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Fairfax, VA serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.
We also have private rooms for Business Dinners or other special occasions.
Our rooftop bar is OPEN for the season! Reserve your area today for groups of 8 or more, call 703-663-8931. First come, first serve, open seating for smaller groups, there is plenty of room!
We are open 7 days a week! See you soon.
- RSRobinSWashington, D.C. Area •3 reviews5.0Dined 2 days agoFood was amazing, ambience is very nice, not too loud not too quiet. Service was great. Highly recommend.More infoDraper's Steak and SeafoodPrice: Moderate• Steakhouse• Fairfax•4.3
- EHErikHvipWashington, D.C. Area •1 review4.0Dined 2 days agoExceptional professional wait staff Historic ambiance, comfort, neighborly Quality food with attention to dietary restrictions, in particular celiac.More infoHamrock's RestaurantPrice: Moderate• American• Fairfax•4.7
- NJNJGIRLvipWashington, D.C. Area •11 reviews5.0Dined 7 days agoWhat a fabulous meal !!!! We dined at Noon on a Saturday thus had additional options of brunch and lunch items The staff is always polite, engaging and attentive to your dining experience. The food is delicious and portions are most generous. The prices are extremely fair in price. I love this restaurant, one of my favorites!!!!More infoDolce VitaPrice: Moderate• Italian• Fairfax•4.6
- MRMargieRVirginia •4 reviews5.0Dined on Nov 23, 2023I would rate Bellissimo Restaurant a solid 10!!! The food was delicious - well seasoned and nicely plated (yes, we ordered the turkey dinner -- it was Thanksgiving, after all!!) Servings were generous and staff were all friendly and helpful. They came around multiple times to fill water glasses or to make sure everything was ok. We ordered a cannoli and chocolate mousse for dessert and each was wonderful. I love this restaurant and don't go there as often as I would like only because I live a fair distance. I HIGHLY recommend Bellissimo's Restaurant to friends and family alike!!!!More infoBellissimo RestaurantPrice: Expensive• Italian• Fairfax•4.5
- OTOpenTable DinerWashington, D.C. Area •1 review5.0Dined on Nov 20, 2023We had a wonderful 2-hr lunch with friends over a very nice bottle of wine. Simply outstanding!More infoThe Wine HousePrice: Expensive• French American• Fairfax•4.7
10 special occasion-worthy restaurants in Washington, DC
An epic night out in the country’s capital can mean dining where the Beltway bigwigs do—but it doesn’t have to. Washington, DC’s signature diversity trickles down to its special occasion spots, too. These restaurants in and around the District have what it takes to uplevel any occasion—even if it’s just a midweek dinner. Read on for a guide to the 10 best special occasion spots in Washington, DC, right now.
LatinX-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in D.C.
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These LatinX-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
The 5 reservations you need to make now at Washington, D.C.’s hottest 2023 restaurant openings
Washington, D.C.’s best new restaurants, ideal for your next brunch, lunch, or dinner, are home to some of the city’s hottest tables.
Black-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in D.C.
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find Black-owned and -operated restaurants to support. Explore the spots in your area.
LGBTQ-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Washington D.C.
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find LGBTQ-owned and -operated restaurants to support from coast to coast. Book a table at one of these spots to dine out (and proud!) for Pride month and beyond.
18 restaurants that define dining in Washington, D.C.
Sample the tastes that are essential to Washington, D.C. by booking a table at one of the city’s 18 greatest restaurants right now.
Women-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in D.C.
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Woman-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their identity — explore spots to support near you.
9 romantic restaurants in Washington, D.C. for every kind of date
Washington, DC’s quaint neighborhoods, spectacular riverscapes, and burgeoning culinary scene all conjure romance. Whether you’re celebrating a proposal, an anniversary, or a long overdue night together, a charming perch is never hard to find in the nation’s capital. A Dupont Circle townhouse, made for intimate occasions, serves top-notch Mediterranean plates on its wisteria-clad patio. Korean and Southern flavors come together at a handsome Penn Quarter hotspot, sure to up the ante on any anniversary. Read on for a guide to 9 date-worthy restaurants in Washington, DC, ready to host your romantic night out.
Discover the Top Women-Led Restaurants in the U.S. and Canada
There’s no better way to celebrate International Women’s Day than by paying a visit to one of these great restaurants — all helmed by women as chefs, managers, or owners. From running kitchens to managing multiple venues, these exceptional women are leaving their mark on the hospitality industry.
Washington, D.C.’s Finest Bars: Where to Drink in the District
With over 170 nations represented in just 68 square miles, the District serves as a captivating destination for diners looking to sample flavors from across the globe—drinks included. As the city’s culinary scene thrives and expands, choosing where to grab a drink has never been so much fun. From unmarked doors that lead to stylish, subterranean social clubs to rooftop lounges with specialty cocktails and unmatched monument views, here are some of Washington, D.C.’s best bars.
Top Hispanic Owned and Operated Restaurants in the U.S.
September 15th to October 15th brings the celebration of National Hispanic Heritage Month in the United States, a time that honors the cultures of people whose ancestors came from Central and South America, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Spain. A big part of the cultural heritage that many Latinx people share in this country is food. To honor National Hispanic Heritage Month, below find Hispanic-owned and -operated across the U.S.
Located across the Potomac River about an hour west of Washington, D.C., Fairfax lets you take a quiet break from the bustling national capital. However, don't assume that a small town means limited restaurants. Fairfax is home to everything from Indian food to fine Italian dining to American favorites like hamburgers. For a true taste of down-home Virginia cooking, be sure to try a sweet potato biscuit. Virginia is home to half a dozen varieties of heirloom sweet potato, which taste best when cooked into a flaky biscuit and served as a ham sandwich. Many local restaurants serve Southern-influenced comfort food, but you can enjoy Italian, Indian and other international cuisine as well. Head down Route 236 or 29 to find a popular restaurant while you're in town.
Frequently asked questions
As of December 2, 2023 there are 35 restaurants in Fairfax (Virginia). Filter by “outdoor dining”, “romantic” or “dog friendly”.
On OpenTable we support all cuisines. Find Steakhouse, American, Italian, Greek, French and more. Use our filters to find exactly what you’re looking for and make your reservation today.
Yes! We partner with restaurants in Fairfax (Virginia) who deliver with Uber Eats, Postmates, ChowNow, Toast, Olo.
Yes, you can also see restaurants near you offering takeout.
Yes! OpenTable provides free, convenient and trusted options to book the best restaurants in Fairfax (Virginia) either on OpenTable or directly with the restaurant.
Yes, we partner with a third party to bring back menu information for restaurants near you.
- Towers Park
- University Mall Shopping Center
- Fairfax Station Square Shopping Center
- Cobbdale Park
- National Firearms Museum
- Fairfax Circle Shopping Center
- Holiday Inn Express Fairfax-Arlington Boulevard
- Oakton Shopping Center
- Oak Marr Golf Course
- Fair City Mall Shopping Center
- Practice Field
- Fairfax Square Shopping Center
- Foxvale Park
- Comfort Inn University Center
- Country Club View Park
- Twinbrook Shopping Center
- Garchayne Park
- Fairfax Museum And Visitors Center
- Greenbriar Park
- Surrey Square Park