Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
"The name came from all the years after my father passed visiting my mom every week in her kitchen/table with my brothers eating Italian food – us boys making pizza and pasta with her, including having friends and extended family over to share our table" – Jeff Oliveri
Tavola Nostra, which means “our table”, is owned and operated by Jeff Oliveri – a first-time restaurateur from a family of longtime restaurant owners. He hopes to honor his familial heritage and tradition with his Italian dining concept and experience.
Welcome to Hillcrest’s chicest spot for craft cocktails, barrel-aged potables, and chef-inspired shareable boards. An upscale LGBTQ+ bar, restaurant & event space brought to you by the Mo’s Universe Group!
Named San Diego's Top 10 Hottest Cocktail spots by EATER, as well as Open Table's Top 10 DINERS CHOICE Winner!
The menu at Baja Betty's features many expected options, such as a comprehensive quesadilla menu and array of satisfying combination platters. However, diners can also enjoy a build your own burrito or bowl, an array of house specialties and tacos and some stunning signature margaritas to wash it all down. The menu at Baja Betty's also offers a long list of tequilas and mezcals, a full range of appetizers, nachos, soups, salads and the best Taco Tuesday in town!
Welcome Home, Beautiful!
We are proud to be Southern California’s only 7-days-a-week, Nicky Award-Winning, women’s bar.
Since its conception in 2009, Gossip Grill has blossomed into a full patio bar and restaurant with a dance floor. As the San Diego sunsets, Gossip transforms into a dance nightclub for the ladies – don’t worry we also play nice with the boys and everything in between.
The perfect combination of ambiance and tastes will have you crawling back for more. Gossip is decked out with feminine-inspired art, fabulous chandeliers, and a foliage facade outdoor patio bar with two fire pits, that allows everyone to enjoy Hillcrest the way it was supposed to be enjoyed – outdoors. Pair that with modern American Comfort Food and you’ve got yourself a one-of-a-kind five-star women’s bar.
21+ after 2 pm on Sat & Sun. Hours are subject to change for minors during special events. Please call ahead to confirm possible age restrictions.
Throughout the year, insideOUT is known for its elevated pop-up installations where guests immerse themselves with friends and loved ones. We provide customized private event planning and venue buyouts.
insideOUT is pleased to bring back its HOLIDAY OASIS EXPEREINCE November 24 - January 6, 2024!
Reservations are limited to two (2) hours. This is an 18+ event.
Thank you for your cooperation & support during this time!
Cocina de Barrio by Chef Jose J. Flores
Bienvenidos a Cocina de Barrio, the newest modern-urban Mexican restaurant located in Hillcrest, San Diego! We are proud to feature the culinary richness of Oaxaca as well as other Mexican regions. Stop by and enjoy our bar stocked with plenty tequila and mezcal selections, MUCHA cerveza, and wines sourced from Valle Guadalupe.
Don't forget to join us during our weekend brunch (where we add a Mexican kick) and our happy hour every Tuesday-Friday from 3-5pm! Stay Chido!
- RSRedSoxFanvipSan Diego •82 reviews5.0Dined 1 day agoPate’ Maison was a great starter, delicious every time. Paired with Very dry martinis-perfect. Steak Frites seared and juicy complemented by very well prepared fries and a zesty sauce. Better than many steakhouses in San Diego and a good price. Confit de Canard was perfectly crispy skin tender duck meat on a base of Brussels sprouts- unique. Even if you don't like sprouts you will love these. Service as always attentive and understated.More infoLa Bonne TablePrice: Moderate• French• Hillcrest•4.9
- OTOpenTable DinerSan Diego •1 review5.0Dined 6 days agoWe love this place. The chicken sandwich is ah-mazing!More infoCommon StockPrice: Moderate• American• Hillcrest•4.8
- OTOpenTable DinerSan Diego •1 review5.0Dined on Nov 30, 2023My favorite go to Italian place. The pork osobucco is a must. Squid ink linguine is 2nd on the list but you have to order those 2 when you go to Arrivederci. Thank me later.More infoArrivederciPrice: Expensive• Italian• Hillcrest•4.9
- HHeathydogvipSan Diego •22 reviews5.0Dined on Nov 25, 2023The food and service here are outstanding. I just came back from Oaxaca and ate at some very good restaurants there. Cocina de Barrio beats them all.More infoCocina de BarrioPrice: Moderate• Mexican• Hillcrest•4.6
- OTOpenTable DinerSeattle / Eastern Washington •4 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Ortega’s is always great. Love the salsa and the chilaquiles!More infoOrtega's A Mexican BistroPrice: Moderate• Mexican• Hillcrest•4.4
LatinX-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in LA
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These LatinX-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
LGBTQ-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in San Diego
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find LGBTQ-owned and -operated restaurants to support from coast to coast. Book a table at one of these spots to dine out (and proud!) for Pride month and beyond.
Asian-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support Near San Diego
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Asian-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
Women-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in LA
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Woman-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their identity — explore spots to support near you.
A Guide to the Best Date Spots in San Diego
Conversations begin on Bumble but they get even deeper IRL. When it’s time to move from direct messaging to direct eye contact, find a table for two. And to make it super easy, OpenTable and Bumble are teaming up to help you find the best date spots in your city. Find a restaurant that fits your style, whether you want drinks on a patio or a special four-course meal, OpenTable can help you choose the cuisine, seating area, and even book unique experiences with nearby restaurants. Download the Bumble app to find your match, and check the list below to find your table.
It may be small, but the San Diego neighborhood of Hillcrest is home to a diverse and exciting collection of dining opportunities that appeal to residents and visitors alike. Known as an exceptionally tolerant and diverse community, there are a wide range of locally operated establishments that offer a global array of cuisine. Visitors who want to explore every nook and street in town will find food to satisfy any craving or diet, including gluten-free bakeries, sushi bars and California-style Mexican restaurants. Socially-conscious diners can also find establishments that contribute some of their proceeds to charitable causes, giving patrons yet another reason to feel good as they enjoy their meal.
Frequently asked questions
The most romantic restaurant in Hillcrest is insideOUT