Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Advance reservations, full deposit required. Blind tastings include meat & seafood. Severe allergies cannot be accommodated.
***A New Year's Eve Soirée at The Chanler Hotel***
$300 per person plus tax & service charge. 6pm to 1am. A Glamorous Evening of Music, Art & Cuisine. Please call “Restaurants at The Chanler”, 401.847.2244.
Included: Hors d'oeuvres, food stations, 4-course prix fixe communal dinner with complimentary select wines, midnight champagne toast, & late-night bites. Live jazz, Las Vegas DJ & dancing, tarot, photos, live painting, & soirée surprises. Pescatarian, vegetarian & gluten-free guests welcomed.
Our four cozy dining rooms situated a quaint old house make it ideal for romantic dinners & small to medium size parties.
The menu features a variety of authentic Italian dishes like antipasti, bruschetta & salads; typical pasta dishes like Bolognese, Carbonara, Ravioli, and the homemade gnocchi as well as Eggplant Parmigiana and Frutti di Mare.
Selected fresh meat, fish & seafood complete our menu with signature dishes of veal, pork, steak, sole & tuna.
Finish dinner with a cappuccino, espresso or tiramisu.
At Mamma Luisa’s we also offer a full vegetarian page together with vegan and gluten-free options.
Our extensive wine &beer list will transport you to the different regions of Italy and you will find also handpicked gems from around the world
BUSINESS CASUAL ATTIRE REQUIRED: No sneakers, flip-flops, T-shirts, or tank tops.
Due to the style of our restaurant, it would be inappropriate for children under the age of seven (7).
Same staff and service, with a different name. For more information, please see www.ChanterelleNewport.com
The restaurant serves upscale French and American cuisine in a 1785 Georgian-style house.
*Pricing for menu does not include tax, beverage, or gratuity.
Proper Dress Required; Business Casual is appropriate. Jackets are not required. Please no athletic wear.
Please note any allergies or special requests when making your reservation or any restrictions with stairs. Reservations are recommended to be made 2 to 4 weeks prior to your preferred dining date and time. Specific tables may be requested however we are unable to guarantee certain requests.
Our events require significant preparation, cancellation must be made more than 72 hours in advance to receive a full refund for all of our prepaid events.
Please advise we only offer experiences on this opentable.
For the Lawn restaurant at Castle Hill Inn please visit:
For The Dining Room at Castle Hill Inn please visit:
With a diverse menu offering including a Bon Appetit-voted best lobster roll in America and award-winning burgers, Brick Alley is the perfect spot for a family dinner, a date or a night out with your friends.
We accept reservations of up to seven guests no more than two weeks in advance. Private events and overnight guests can book further as well.
Featuring contemporary cuisine, inspired by both European influence and sustainable New England ingredients, The Café at The Chanler serves both a la carte and prix fixe menus for lunch and dinner daily.
**In order to ensure that every guest's dining experience is exemplary, we can accommodate parties of 8 guests in the Café dining a la carte. Due to business levels, the intimacy of our dining room, and limitations in our kitchen unfortunately we cannot accommodate parties over 8 guests on Thursday- Sunday.
For larger parties call 401-847-2244.
We are excited to offer one-of-a-kind dining experiences for Christmas and New Years Eve. Please note we will charge a $50 fee for holiday reservations cancelled within 48-hours.
All reservations will only be held for 15 minutes. Please call if a later arrival is needed and we will tell you our next available reservation.
We are unable to honor more guests than made on the original reservation due to limited seating. Please call the restaurant directly to see if changes to your guest number can be accommodated. We apologize, but guest number increases will not be able to be accommodated upon arrival to the restaurant. We also are not able to honor additional numbers left in the notes.
- RPRobinPvipGreater Boston •6 reviews5.0Dined 3 days agoThis is my FAVORITE Newport RI restaurant. The menu has soooooo many choices. Everything is delicious. Their wonderful meals, appetizers, soups and salads, oops forgot about the desserts. Super fun vibe. Don’t cheat yourself , dine here, you will be satisfied!😃More infoBrick Alley Pub and RestaurantPrice: Moderate• American• Newport•4.7
- JjairovvipGreater Boston •49 reviews5.0Dined 4 days agoFaith made our first time at this location so enjoyableMore infoBar and BoardPrice: Expensive• American• Newport•4.3
- PBPhyllisBvipNew York / Tri-State Area •38 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Upscale dining that is worth the price. The steak and pork chops were perfectly prepared. Though a bit pricey, the wine list is extensive. Outstanding service made dining here a wonderful way to welcome the new year.More info22 Bowens Wine Bar and GrillePrice: Moderate• Wine Bar• Newport•4.7
- JMJenniferMNew York / Tri-State Area •4 reviews4.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Perfect location, very nice bustling atmosphere with gorgeous views, super-friendly and accommodating staff and fantastic food. I'm not from Newport and was afraid this would be a tourist-trap where the food isn't great. I was proven wrong. Everything we ordered was delicious-- super fresh raw bar, excellent mussels provencal, delicious Octopus. Refreshing cocktails! I'd highly recommend.More infoThe Mooring RestaurantPrice: Moderate• Seafood• Newport•4.7
- PBPhyllisBvipNew York / Tri-State Area •38 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Food is very flavorful and service was excellent. Seating is challenging if the restaurant is crowded.More infoBar 'Cino - NewportPrice: Moderate• Italian• Newport•4.8
From its yacht-filled harbor to its streets lined with renaissance mansions, Newport is a city that must be savored. When you need a break from exploring all that this city has to offer, make sure to enjoy breakfast, lunch or dinner at one of Newport's many restaurants. The waterfront eateries are known for their delicious surf and turf menus. From local steamed mussels to baked lobster mac and cheese, area restaurants serve plenty of unique seafood cuisine. If you're looking to soak in the relaxing coastal vibe, consider stopping in a local pub. In these casual watering holes, you can enjoy cool brews and classic American fare.
Frequently asked questions
The best reviewed restaurant in Newport is Cara
- King Park
- 424 Thames Street Guest House
- Easton's Beach
- The Elms Mansion
- Museum of Yachting
- Washington Square
- Marble Hou
- Touro Synagogue
- Pineapple Inn
- The Elms
- Eisenhower Park
- Bannister's Wharf
- Bayberry Inn of Newport
- J Paul Braga Junior Memorial Field
- Vinland Estate Mcauley Hall
- Hampton Inn & Suites Middletown
- Bellevue Avenue
- Rough Poi
- Cardines Field
- International Tennis Hall of Fame