Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
We partnered with Taniya Nayak, a featured interior designer on popular Food Network programs such as ‘Restaurant Impossible’ to transform the once light-flooded, beach-like, SoCal atmosphere to a warm, lively, and New England-comfort interior. Enjoy an emphasis on natural woods, live greenery, and pops of welcomed fresh color in the new interior and brand.
The Cottage will remain the same tried-and-true neighborhood eatery with a re-defined focus on local, fresh, and honest product, for the whole family, every day. The Cottage Wellesley’s new menu is created by Culinary Director, Peter Hansen, who brings his vast experience from all over the world to Wellesley, MA. In his career, Hansen has appeared on six episodes of Iron Chef and has worked alongside incredible culinary talent such as Michael White and Bobby Flay.
- SESheEatsOutGreater Boston •6 reviews5.0Dined 2 days agoFour cousins and I met for lunch at the Cottage and it was lovely. We had a nice big booth in the corner and it was just right for us and all of our big winter coats. Service was spot on. Our server was happy to come back several times because we got to talking instead of reading the menu. I think we closed the place down. Never felt rushed. Food was delicious as always and nice array of choices to accommodate varied tastes.More infoThe Cottage WellesleyPrice: Moderate• Contemporary American• Wellesley•4.5
- SOStephenOvipNew York / Tri-State Area •2 reviews5.0Dined 5 days agoPerfect outing with my sons to celebrate ThanksgivingMore infoSmith & Wollensky - WellesleyPrice: Moderate• Steakhouse• Wellesley•4.5
- SSusanGreater Boston •4 reviews5.0Dined on Nov 22, 2023Excellent service for our large family group! Menu options to please toddlers through grandparents.More infoPapa Razzi - WellesleyPrice: Moderate• Italian• Wellesley•4.6
- SCSusanCGreater Boston •9 reviews5.0Dined on Nov 21, 2023Dinner was great from the delicious cocktails to the Buratta w/roasted carrots to the entrees. Service is friendly and attentive. Was quiet at 6PM when we arrived but it got a bit noisier by the time we left. Definitely a nice spotMore infoAlta Strada- WellesleyPrice: Moderate• Italian• Wellesley•4.6
- OTOpenTable DinerGreater Boston •1 review5.0Dined on Nov 18, 2023If you haven’t tried the nachos, you need to! Amazing. Recommend the full sheet. The tacos were amazing too. I had the Brussel sprout one on a flour tortilla, so good! Very friendly staff and comfortable restaurant. Drinks little pricey, however, I would definitely go back.More infoLockheart RestaurantPrice: Expensive• Tapas / Small Plates• Wellesley•4.5
4 freewheeling, fun restaurant trends that emerged in 2023
Maximalism, a bigger focus on the bar, transportive meals, and other restaurant trends to know from the year gone by.
Boston’s 8 hottest restaurant openings of 2023
Boston’s most thrilling restaurant debuts of the year include an acclaimed Dorchester spot that serves food from the African diaspora and a soulful Greek place in Brookline from an award-winning team.
8 stellar special-occasion restaurants in Boston
As a city that has seen countless graduations, engagements, and birthdays, Boston takes special occasions to another level. Book a table at one of these top eight restaurants, equipped for any festivity.
LatinX-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Boston
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These LatinX-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
6 new restaurants making a splash in Boston right now
Boston’s best new restaurants, ideal for your next brunch, lunch, or dinner, are home to some of the city’s hottest tables.
Black-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Boston & New England
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find Black-owned and -operated restaurants to support. Explore the spots in your area.
LGBTQ-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Boston
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find LGBTQ-owned and -operated restaurants to support from coast to coast. Book a table at one of these spots to dine out (and proud!) for Pride month and beyond.
Where to drink in Boston right now
Boston’s best bars range from high-end cocktail lounges to tried-and-true neighborhood escapes.
Where to find Boston’s best outdoor dining
Boston’s best restaurants for outdoor dining come with breathtaking views, scenic streetside tables, and charming patios.
Asian-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support Near Boston & New England
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Asian-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
The 22 greatest restaurants around Boston
Together, these old and new restaurants offer a snapshot of the best of Boston dining right now.
Women-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Boston
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Woman-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their identity — explore spots to support near you.
Discover the Top Women-Led Restaurants in the U.S. and Canada
There’s no better way to celebrate International Women’s Day than by paying a visit to one of these great restaurants — all helmed by women as chefs, managers, or owners. From running kitchens to managing multiple venues, these exceptional women are leaving their mark on the hospitality industry.
These are Boston’s 9 Best Burgers to Try Now
Even with the wealth of cuisines in the Boston area, sometimes you just need a burger. Whether you crave it pared-back and classic, piled high with luxe ingredients like foie gras, or — wait for it — vegan, at these nine restaurants you’ll find a whole bevy of beautiful burgers.
A Guide to the Best Date Spots in Boston
Conversations begin on Bumble but they get even deeper IRL. When it’s time to move from direct messaging to direct eye contact, find a table for two. And to make it super easy, OpenTable and Bumble are teaming up to help you find the best date spots in your city. Find a restaurant that fits your style, whether you want drinks on a patio or a special four-course meal, OpenTable can help you choose the cuisine, seating area, and even book unique experiences with nearby restaurants. Download the Bumble app to find your match, and check the list below to find your table.
Top Hispanic Owned and Operated Restaurants in the U.S.
September 15th to October 15th brings the celebration of National Hispanic Heritage Month in the United States, a time that honors the cultures of people whose ancestors came from Central and South America, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Spain. A big part of the cultural heritage that many Latinx people share in this country is food. To honor National Hispanic Heritage Month, below find Hispanic-owned and -operated across the U.S.
Just outside of Boston is the small town of Wellesley. Here, you can step away from the hustle and bustle of the city to enjoy the suburban vibe and some eclectic food. Take your pick of American classics like burgers or choose from the many pizza joints beloved by locals. If you’re looking for something on the healthier side, organic juices, smoothies and vegan fare abound. In the mood for something international? Wellesley offers Japanese, Italian, Thai, Greek and even Turkish options. You can also get your fill of Spanish tapas paired with a good wine. You’ll be hard-pressed to find seafood fresher than what is offered in some of the local Wellesley restaurants. Don’t pass up the lobster rolls or lobster bisque.
Frequently asked questions
The most romantic restaurant in Wellesley is Papa Razzi - Wellesley
- Lower Falls Park
- Wellesley Station Historical
- Hotel Indigo Boston - Newton Riverside
- Hunnewell Playground
- Linden Shopping Center
- Davis Museum And Cultural Center
- Wellesley Hills Station
- Martin Golf Course
- Wellesley Square Station
- Newton Lower Falls Historic District
- Hummewell Estates Historic District
- Newton Cottage Hospital Historic District
- Wellesley Shopping Center
- Kelly Memorial Field