Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Note: We offer full serving dining during Dinner (Daily) and Weekend Brunch only. During Breakfast (Daily) & Lunch (Weekday), Please Place Your Order Via The QR Code That’s Placed On Your Table.
We recommend allowing extra time for parking.
5:30pm-7:00pm and Friday (4pm-7pm).
Reservations must be canceled 3 days in advance. Late cancellations and no-shows will be $35 per guest fee. On holidays cancellation and no-show fees will be $50 per guest.
- SSSandySSt. Louis •4 reviews5.0Dined 4 days agoThe service was exemplary and the waitstaff were very attentive. We were very impressed by the food, especially the sides like the grilled watermelon salad, and grilled squash. The fish sliders were great too. Jennifer and Naod were joy to be around - will go back again when we are back at DC.More infoThe GrillPrice: Expensive• American• Southwest Waterfront•4.5
- OTOpenTable DinervipManchester/Greater Manchester •1 review5.0Dined 6 days agoAbsolutely amazing tasting set menu. Really recommend the Marlyland Blue Crab curry and the Beef Bulgogi, but you won’t go wrong with any choices you make. Only in DC for three nights, and dined here twice.More infoKaliwaPrice: Moderate• Asian• Southwest Waterfront•3.9
- BlorealB1 review5.0Dined on Sep 25, 2023First timers and we enjoyed everything . Better come with some coins but it was all worth it . Only negative would be the drinks . For $23 all ice no liquor so we didn’t even bother to order another . Great place and we will be coming back .More infoPhilippe Chow - DCPrice: Expensive• Chinese• Southwest Waterfront•4.3
- BBlanncavipNew York / Tri-State Area •16 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 2, 2023The food was delicious , the ambiance as well: the service was really good our server was really attentive, they did take a little long with the food but it was okay because it was delicious and worth the wait. Will be coming back.More infoMi Vida, District WharfPrice: Expensive• Mexican• Southwest Waterfront•4.6
- HHurtemWashington, D.C. Area •8 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023I've been to this place 3x. The first time was a few years ago, the food was good, the ambiance was good, the price was reasonable. I came back 2x in 2023 and the ambiance and food was even better than the first time. My out of town guest were very impressed with the restaurant overall. However, it was just unreasonably pricey now. The DC service fee thingy has to go.More infoLa ViePrice: Expensive• Mediterranean• Southwest Waterfront•4.5
LatinX-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in D.C.
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These LatinX-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
The 5 reservations you need to make now at Washington, D.C.’s hottest 2023 restaurant openings
Washington, D.C.’s best new restaurants, ideal for your next brunch, lunch, or dinner, are home to some of the city’s hottest tables.
Black-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in D.C.
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find Black-owned and -operated restaurants to support. Explore the spots in your area.
LGBTQ-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Washington D.C.
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find LGBTQ-owned and -operated restaurants to support from coast to coast. Book a table at one of these spots to dine out (and proud!) for Pride month and beyond.
18 restaurants that define dining in Washington, D.C.
Sample the tastes that are essential to Washington, D.C. by booking a table at one of the city’s 18 greatest restaurants right now.
Women-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in D.C.
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Woman-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their identity — explore spots to support near you.
9 romantic restaurants in Washington, D.C. for every kind of date
Washington, DC’s quaint neighborhoods, spectacular riverscapes, and burgeoning culinary scene all conjure romance. Whether you’re celebrating a proposal, an anniversary, or a long overdue night together, a charming perch is never hard to find in the nation’s capital. A Dupont Circle townhouse, made for intimate occasions, serves top-notch Mediterranean plates on its wisteria-clad patio. Korean and Southern flavors come together at a handsome Penn Quarter hotspot, sure to up the ante on any anniversary. Read on for a guide to 9 date-worthy restaurants in Washington, DC, ready to host your romantic night out.
12 of Washington, D.C.’s outstanding spots for celebrating special occasions
As a city that has seen countless graduations, engagements, and birthdays, Boston takes special occasions to another level. On the North End, a neighborhood with a deep-rooted Italian connection, ring in just about anything with decadent lobster agnolotti in a 19th-century row house. For a gathering with friends, head to the Back Bay, where an acclaimed chef serves up bountiful seafood platters, piled high with local oysters. If it’s a more intimate milestone you’re marking, grab a reservation at an elegant omakase spot in Chinatown. Book a table at one of these top 12 restaurants, equipped for any festivity.
Discover the Top Women-Led Restaurants in the U.S. and Canada
There’s no better way to celebrate International Women’s Day than by paying a visit to one of these great restaurants — all helmed by women as chefs, managers, or owners. From running kitchens to managing multiple venues, these exceptional women are leaving their mark on the hospitality industry.
Washington, D.C.’s Finest Bars: Where to Drink in the District
With over 170 nations represented in just 68 square miles, the District serves as a captivating destination for diners looking to sample flavors from across the globe—drinks included. As the city’s culinary scene thrives and expands, choosing where to grab a drink has never been so much fun. From unmarked doors that lead to stylish, subterranean social clubs to rooftop lounges with specialty cocktails and unmatched monument views, here are some of Washington, D.C.’s best bars.
Top Hispanic Owned and Operated Restaurants in the U.S.
September 15th to October 15th brings the celebration of National Hispanic Heritage Month in the United States, a time that honors the cultures of people whose ancestors came from Central and South America, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Spain. A big part of the cultural heritage that many Latinx people share in this country is food. To honor National Hispanic Heritage Month, below find Hispanic-owned and -operated across the U.S.
Discover Southwest Waterfront
The Southwest Waterfront of the Washington Channel from Fisherman's Wharf to Fort McNair is a prime location offering restaurants and nightly live entertainment. The waterfront is evolving into 3 million square feet of residences, offices, restaurants, and retail stores. The Fish Market Eatery, established in 1805, serves freshly caught blue crabs and other seafood, vegetables, and desserts with a "monumental view" of our nation's capitol. Restaurants and grills on the Channel evolved from family-owned multimillion dollar seafood packers. You're also surrounded by international cuisine. French, Indian, and Italian cafes and bistros bake bread and cut homemade pasta on their premises for authentic old world flavor. Wines of the world compliment your entrée and your choice of dessert.
Frequently asked questions
The most romantic restaurant in Southwest Waterfront is Philippe Chow - DC
- Washington Center
- Colombian Legation Building
- Maine Lobsterman Memorial
- The View Apartment
- Enid A Haupt Garden
- Uncle Beazley Sculpture
- Rush House
- East Potomac Park Golf Course
- National Museum of American History
- National Museum of History And Technology
- Washington Lakes
- Washington West Park
- Smithsonian Institution
- Washington Tower Apartment
- Washington Monument
- Air Mail Marker
- Mandarin Oriental Washington DC
- East Potomac Park
- Waterside Mall
- Waterfront Seu Metro Station