Noe Valley Restaurants
Make a free reservation
Available for late dinner now in Mission District
Award winning restaurants in Mission District
Check out diners' favorite restaurants in Noe Valley
Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Oh, you wanted a restaurant description? Sorry. Can’t really help you there. We’re not so big on labels. Our food is hard to nail down as we are constantly evolving and entirely seasonal and personal. We’ve used “Food you eat” as a tag line on occasion and that remains accurate. We could also describe it as “Food we really want you to eat”. When you’re here, tell us what you would call it.
The menu is based on the Italian tradition of preparing food - combining simplicity with the best ingredients of the season, including quality olive oil, locally grown local vegetables and fruits, and seasonal specials of seafood, poultry, meat and game. Our bread and pastas - gnocchi, tagliatelle, pappardelle, tortelloni, and ravioli are homemade on premise.
In addition to the regular menu, our specials menu features different soups, antipasti, pastas, and main courses.
Beyond a passion for authentic Roman cuisine, our friendly Italian staff work from their hearts to make your visit comfortable and enjoyable.
We would like to welcome our new Chef Bobby Nasser to the Bacco family. With over 30 years of culinary experience starting in Italy to his latest venture at the Fairmount Royal York Hotel in Toronto Canada.
- San Francisco can get very chilly at night. Please do not forget your jacket.
La Ciccia is a cozy and intimate restaurant located on the edge of Noe Valley. The chef is committed to use the freshest and the most authentic ingredients from Sardinia resulting in pungent, lively, flavorful food. The all Italian wine list, 150 labels selection represent every Region with more than a quarter devote to Sardinia in order to pair the traditional earthy flavors as well seafood influence of Sardinia cuisine. La Ciccia is a tribute to Sardinia an experience not to be missed.
Among the light & seasonal dishes at Birch & Rye are several GF and vegan options. The beverage program features infused vodkas & Eastern European wines.
Our 20% quality of life service charge is split among our staff and allows for a higher than average hourly wage, 100% coverage of health insurance and a 401K w/match.
Photos (C) Sarah Felker
Enjoy the wines and cuisine of southwest France in an exquisitely comfortable setting. A joint venture between Andrew Fidelman, Laurent Manrique and Chris Condy, this cozy restaurant/wine bar was inspired by the cuisine and wines of Gascony. Enjoy our favorite recipes from southwest France, bar bites before an evening out or our fabulous French fare for a hearty lunch or dinner. Michael Bauer of The San Francisco Chronicle says Aquitaine offers “The Best Mussels in the Bay Area” and calls it one of “Best Places to Dine”. Aquitaine also offers a large retail selection of wines at 30% off the list price that represent the grapes of southwest France & from countries like Argentina, Chile and the United States. Don’t forget to ask about “The Cave” – our private room available for your special events for up
Chef Telmo's Portuguese menu is inspired and approachable, with an eye toward traditional old world flavors and a nod to local California cuisine.
As some of the earliest European explorers, Portuguese expeditions to lands such as India, China, Japan, North Africa and Brazil have influenced and shaped the nation’s cuisine as we know it today.
With a balance of Mediterranean and exotic flavors, Portuguese food delivers a unique and tasty dining experience
Restaurant experiences trending in Mission District
See what locals rave about in Noe Valley
- DdavidsLos Angeles •2 reviews4.0Dined 1 day agoEnjoyed the food and atmosphere despite an inept waiter. He got the wine order wrong, and described an entree incorrectly when asked for a description. When he overlooked the empty water bottle and glasses and turned his back to our table, we tapped his elbow for attention. He responded with “did you tap me just now? Don’t ever do that again please” before saying that providing more water was the job of a busboy. After that he must have asked a bartender to manage us as we never saw him again.More infoMr. Digby's$$$$• American• Noe Valley•4.6
- CchibimaruSan Francisco Bay Area •34 reviews5.0Dined 4 days agoGreeted straight away by warm and friendly staff. Ambiance cozy. ￼ The calamari was lightly battered and came with a chili sauce that had just the right amount of heat. ￼ The shrimp pasta came with a generous amount of shrimps that were tender and delicious. The lamb Gyro was generously portioned. ￼ vegetables were clearly fresh. Coffee was remarkably good—came from North Beach.More infoNOVY$$$$• Greek• Noe Valley•4.7
- JCJimCvipHawaii •8 reviews5.0Dined on May 21, 2023We sat outside for a 6:45pm reservation on a Saturday night. Temp was perfect. Food was great—vermicelli and gnocchi and squid ink was ordered at the table and everyone loved it. Service was prompt and attentive. Wonderful evening!More infoBacco Ristorante$$$$• Italian• Noe Valley•4.7
- SDSilverDaddyvipSan Francisco Bay Area •51 reviews4.0Dined on May 21, 2023We routinely drive across town to go to Lupa Trattoria. Usually about once per week. The staff is quick, helpful, and very friendly, and the owner is most always present and working. The food is freshly prepared in the open kitchen and is always delicious. We highly recommend this Italian restaurant. It is a go-to favorite of ours.More infoLupa Trattoria$$$$• Italian• Noe Valley•4.7
- OTOpenTable DinervipSan Francisco Bay Area •11 reviews5.0Dined on May 14, 2023The perfect brunch! The service was fast and attentive. My teenage kids were the only “kids” in the restaurant besides one tiny baby and the wait staff didn’t blink an eye. The food was delicious, beautiful, fresh, and just perfect. In other words, a lovely morning out.More infoBirch & Rye$$$$• Russian• Noe Valley•4.6
Discover more great restaurants
13 destination restaurants across the U.S. for your next culinary adventure
Dine at a palazzo with a storied past in Miami or a bucolic Montana lodge for epic Big Sky sunsets at these destination restaurants in the U.S.
The best places to grab a drink in San Francisco
Check out Asian-inspired cocktails by a star bartender in Union Square or go to a Tenderloin lounge for whiskey and live jazz at San Francisco’s best bars.
Get inspired by our collections of the top restaurants in Noe Valley
Asian-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support Near San Francisco
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Asian-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
A Guide to the Best Date Spots in the Bay Area
Conversations begin on Bumble but they get even deeper IRL. When it’s time to move from direct messaging to direct eye contact, find a table for two. And to make it super easy, OpenTable and Bumble are teaming up to help you find the best date spots in your city. Find a restaurant that fits your style, whether you want drinks on a patio or a special four-course meal, OpenTable can help you choose the cuisine, seating area, and even book unique experiences with nearby restaurants. Download the Bumble app to find your match, and check the list below to find your table.
LGBTQ-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in San Francisco
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find LGBTQ-owned and -operated restaurants to support from coast to coast. Book a table at one of these spots to dine out (and proud!) for Pride month and beyond.
The Best Brunch Restaurants in San Francisco
Whether you prefer sweet or savory, these places are sure to satisfy any and all of your brunch cravings.
Discover Trending Restaurants in San Francisco
Find the best trendy Restaurants in Noe Valley on OpenTable. See all best list of trendy Restaurants open nearby and reserve an open table.
Discover the Best Sushi in San Francisco
Find the best Sushi Restaurants in Noe Valley on OpenTable. See all Sushi Restaurants open nearby and reserve an open table.
Discover Noe Valley
Nestled between the Castro and adjacent to the Mission, Noe Valley has elements of each of its neighbor’s vibrancy in its food scene. In the last year, the city’s first Portuguese restaurant opened in the area, adding to the cultural tapestry of tastes. Discover everything from stylish tapas to Michelin-recommend sushi, with a healthy helping of cozy neighborhood joints and Californian comfort food to make you feel like a local, even if it’s your first time stopping in.
Frequently asked questions
Celebrate special occasion at the best restaurants in Noe Valley. Our customers recommend Firefly Restaurant, La Ciccia and Birch & Rye
As of May 30, 2023 there are 10 restaurants in Noe Valley. Filter by “outdoor dining”, “romantic” or “dog friendly”.
On OpenTable we support all cuisines. Find American, Italian, Greek, Russian and more. Use our filters to find exactly what you’re looking for and make your reservation today.
Yes! We partner with restaurants in Noe Valley who deliver with Uber Eats, Postmates, ChowNow, Toast, Olo.
Yes, you can also see restaurants near you offering takeout.
Yes! OpenTable provides free, convenient and trusted options to book the best restaurants in Noe Valley either on OpenTable or directly with the restaurant.
Yes, we partner with a third party to bring back menu information for restaurants near you.
- California Volunteers Memorial
- AMSI Mission (AMSI-SF.MLGU2241)
- Noe Valley - Mission One Bedroom Apartment
- Twin Peaks Hotel
- Hotel Sunrise
- Holly Park
- George Christopher Playground
- SOMA Hayes Mission Apartment
- Diamond Heights Shopping Center
- Upper Noe Recreation Center
- AMSI Noe Valley/Glen Park (AMSI-SF.NVAR0365)
- Saint Marys Playground
- Glen Park Suite One-Bedroom Home
- Douglas Playground
- Bernal Heights Mission Studio
- Recreation Park Historical
- Perramont Hotel
- Dolores Street Noe Valley Two-Bedroom Apartment
- Noe Valley Heights
- Strauss Playground