- OTOpenTable DinervipChicago / Illinois •2 reviews5.0Dined 5 days agoFood was absolutely amazing!!! Our service was wonderful as well! We were celebrating my birthday, and kept talking about how me and my fiancé are getting married next week. The server brought all 5 of us champagne, ice cream, and cake slice on the house for celebration! How wonderful. The espresso martinis are delicious. I ordered the scallops and risotto, they were cooked perfectly.More infoOcean Prime - ChicagoPrice: Expensive• Seafood• Downtown / Loop•4.8
- MFMarinaFChicago / Illinois •3 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 2, 2023Wonderful. I’m a tough food critic, food was great. Melt in your mouth filet and delicious creamed spinach.More infoSTK – ChicagoPrice: Expensive• Steakhouse• River North (Chicago)•4.3
- MMMichaelMvipMiami - Dade •23 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023A fun way to spend New Year's DAY! Live music, food & drink specials, & lots of locals...More infoShaw's Crab House & Oyster Bar - ChicagoPrice: Very Expensive• Seafood• River North (Chicago)•4.8
- BLBirdLadyvipChicago / Illinois •55 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023As usual, the food and service was great. My only complaint is that is was really cold in the dining room. But it's a great place for a holiday or birthday celebration or just a nice lunch or dinner with friends. We'll be back!More infoSmith & Wollensky Steakhouse - ChicagoPrice: Expensive• Steakhouse• River North (Chicago)•4.5
- OTOpenTable DinerChicago / Illinois •4 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023We always love dining here! We usually visit the location in Skokie, so this is our first time at this location. It’s much smaller but the service and food were still on point. We will definitely be back.More infoThe Hampton Social - StreetervillePrice: Expensive• American• Gold Coast / Streeterville•4.7
The New York Times names its 50 favorite restaurants for 2023
Among the favorites this year are Keralan comfort food spot Thattu in Chicago and the cafe-by-day, restaurant-by-night Comfort Kitchen in Boston.
4 dishes to try at Chicago’s River North Mexican gem Tzuco
Famed chef Carlos Gaytán’s restaurant just turned four and it’s the perfect excuse to go to this Chicago restaurant spotlighting Mexican regional cooking.
LatinX-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Chicago
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These LatinX-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
6 new restaurants making a splash in Chicago right now
Chicago’s best new restaurants, ideal for your next brunch, lunch, or dinner, are home to some of the city’s hottest tables.
Black-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Chicago
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find Black-owned and -operated restaurants to support on Juneteenth, and everyday. Explore the spots in your area.
LGBTQ-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Chicago
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find LGBTQ-owned and -operated restaurants to support from coast to coast. Book a table at one of these spots to dine out (and proud!) for Pride month and beyond.
Chicago’s 8 favorite bars
Chicago’s best bars range from high-end cocktail lounges and charming wine bars to tried-and-true neighborhood escapes.
Asian-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support Near Chicago
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Asian-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
Celebrate your special occasions at these 12 top Chicago restaurants
The Windy City has endless options when it comes to transforming a regular Saturday night into an unforgettable evening. Though many celebrations in this Midwestern sports town are centered around home team victories, championships aren’t the only reasons to party. Ring in a birthday at a cevicheria on a bustling West Loop rooftop. Toast a relationship milestone at a MICHELIN-starred, Korean American gem in Avondale. These are the 12 best restaurants in Chicago for celebrating special occasions right now.
15 restaurants that define Chicago
Meet the best restaurants that define Chicago's dining scene, capturing its past and present while also imagining its future.
Women-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Chicago
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Woman-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their identity — explore spots to support near you.
The 11 Best Restaurants in Chicago for a Romantic Date Night
Whether it’s for that special February holiday or just because, the Windy City abounds with romantic restaurants. A sexy seafood spot in River North serves exquisite oysters and liquid nitrogen cocktails. In the West Loop, a Croatian Italian restaurant steered by a Top Chef winner has plenty of cozy corners for cuddling. A flamenco guitarist serenades diners at a 50-year-old fondue favorite in Lakeview. Chicago has plenty of options for your next date, whether you’re looking for a casual evening of quiet conversation or a show-stopping display of culinary wooing. Go ahead and put down that heart-shaped chocolate box and book a table at one of these 11 romantic restaurants instead.
9 Bucket-List Burgers in Chicago
Deep-dish pizza and loaded hot dogs might be what the Windy City is known for, but Chicago knows how to make a damn good burger. The city is jam-packed with restaurants presenting their takes on the ground meat sandwich. Think Venteux’s chuck patty topped with raclette and crispy shallots, Adorn’s dry-aged prime beef burger, or Blue Door Farm Stand’s vegan quinoa burger with mango chutney. Here are the best burgers you do not want to miss in Chicago.
Discover Lakeshore East
Dining in Lakeshore East gives you diverse options, from international cuisine to classic American. In the category of international food, choices include Middle Eastern, Caribbean and Italian while the area’s American fare is served in steakhouses, seafood restaurants and cafes. If you enjoy Middle Eastern food, then try the district’s baba ghanoush, Lebanese hummus tahini or the souvlaki chicken kebobs. The region’s Caribbean food includes items like Jamaican spice-rubbed pork, Caribbean-style lobster macaroni and cheese and coconut shrimp. When Italian food is the cuisine that you crave, you can order dishes like fettuccine alfredo, penne al pollo or lasagna. Lakeshore East’s American cuisine features plenty of classic fare including cheeseburger sliders, barbecue chicken quesadillas and patty melts.
Frequently asked questions
The best reviewed restaurant in Lakeshore East is Elephant & Castle - Chicago Wabash Ave.