Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
In the 1940’s, Brown and Loe was originally a produce broker with offices on the second floor of the Merchant’s Bank building. The new Brown and Loe Restaurant celebrates the techniques of curing, pickling and smoking meats, beautifully interpreted into marvelous American comfort cuisine. This is a true local venue, evidenced by the restaurant’s allegiance to the resident farmers and food artisans who supply most of the restaurant’s fresh ingredients.
Brown and Loe Restaurant is the second dining concept introduced by Harry Murphy, owner of the City Market’s popular Harry’s Country Club.
For gourmet breakfasts, business lunches and intimate dinners alike, guests may select from an inventive, locally sourced seasonal menu perfectly complemented by signature cocktails and an impressive wine list.
The American Reserve is located downtown Kansas City, open 365 days a year. Currently serving dinner from 5pm-10pm Mon-Wed & Fri-Sat. The American Reserve can accommodate most dietary needs. Parking based upon availability.
The staples of every Tavernonna dish embody ambition, passion, heritage, creativity, style, and inspirational local culture and knowledge. Restaurant and hotel guests can anticipate playful dishes such as spaghetti all’amatriciana, brisket meatballs with black currants and roman gnocchi and house-made ravioli with goat cheese, tomato fondutta, and mint pesto.
Valet parking is validated at Hotel Phillips for up to 2 hours for all Tavernonna patrons.
- CGCarlG1 review5.0Dined 3 days agoI have been in the entertainment business since 1970, and have eaten in some first class restaurants. The steak I had was the BEST ever The wait staff was first rate.More info801 Chophouse – Kansas CityPrice: Very Expensive• Steakhouse• KC Power & Light District•4.7
- SGSarahG1 review5.0Dined 3 days agoOur waitress was amazing and so was the food! The burger, though fantastic, was too greasy. That is the only thing I could say needs work.More infoThe American Reserve Bar & GrillePrice: Moderate• American• Downtown / River Market•4.1
- OTOpenTable DinervipHouston •3 reviews5.0Dined 4 days agoOur bartender, Bri, was FANTASTIC! She was so knowledgeable and attentive. She created a great atmosphere, as well!More infoP.S. SpeakeasyPrice: Moderate• Speakeasy• Kansas City•4.4
- MLMarilynLNew York / Tri-State Area •4 reviews5.0Dined 4 days agoWe loved our visit! We ordered the Cherry Bomb, Truffled Salmon, Spicy Tako, Snow White, Spicy Gringo and the Roja. Everything was delicious. The chocolate ganache dessert was perfect. I wish I took photos of our meal. This was a perfect birthday lunch. Our service was excellent. The prices are reasonable and the portions are just right. Would happily revisit!More infoBlue Sushi Sake Grill - Power & Light DistrictPrice: Moderate• Sushi• Kansas City•4.7
- HHum12vipKansas City / Kansas •23 reviews5.0Dined 6 days agoWe had our usual wonderful meal at the Bristol. We both ate from the "daily fish" menu which included two ample side dished to complement the ample main courses of baramundi and butterfish. It was a pleasure to have Sam provide his excellent service as he did during our previous visit to the Bristol.More infoBristol Seafood + Steak + SocialPrice: Moderate• Seafood• KC Power & Light District•4.5
Discover River Market
Situated on the banks of the Missouri River, the Downtown and River Market neighborhoods of Kansas City are hubs of Midwestern culture. Along with the museums and art galleries located along the riverfront, you'll also find busy sports bars and beer gardens that draw crowds in on game nights. The neighborhood is known for its "KC-style" barbecue, which features ends of pork ribs slow-cooked over a tomato-based sauce with sweet and tangy undertones. The downtown area also caters to many other styles of cuisine with its hole-in-the-wall Vietnamese restaurants, Italian family-style eateries, and upscale steakhouses. There are plenty of traditional, laid-back locals-only pubs and craft brew houses as well.
Frequently asked questions
As of October 5, 2023 there are 10 restaurants in Downtown Kansas City. Filter by “outdoor dining”, “romantic” or “dog friendly”.
On OpenTable we support all cuisines. Find American, Tapas / Small Plates, Steakhouse, Barbecue, Italian and more. Use our filters to find exactly what you’re looking for and make your reservation today.
Yes! We partner with restaurants in Downtown Kansas City who deliver with Uber Eats, Postmates, ChowNow, Toast, Olo.
Yes, you can also see restaurants near you offering takeout.
Yes! OpenTable provides free, convenient and trusted options to book the best restaurants in Downtown Kansas City either on OpenTable or directly with the restaurant.
Yes, we partner with a third party to bring back menu information for restaurants near you.
- Kc Fountains
- Ambassador Hotel Kansas City, Autograph Collection
- The College Basketball Experience
- Garrison Square
- Admiral Inn
- Power And Light District
- Sprint Store
- Kemp Playground
- Financial District Central Business District
- Hilton President Kansas City
- Sprint Center
- City Center Square
- Bartle Hall Convention Center
- Kansas City Marriott Downtown
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Kansas City Downtown
- Columbus Square
- Holiday Inn Kansas City Downtown Aladdin
- Allis Plaza
- Town Pavilion Parking
- Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown