Santa Barbara Restaurants
Make a free reservation
Available for late dinner now in Santa Barbara
Restaurant experiences trending in Santa Barbara
- Special menu
Ranch House Wine and Cheese Pairing ExperienceAlma Rosa Private Estate ExperienceBuellton$51.05 per personReserve
- Special menu
Bubbles & BrunchFinch & ForkSanta Barbara$28.00 per personReserve
- Special menu
Botanica High Tea - Steeped in EnchantmentEl Encanto, A Belmond Hotel Dining RoomSanta Barbara$95.00 per personReserve
- Special menu
Whiskeys of the World Pairing DinnerBlack Angus Steakhouse - VenturaVentura$42.99 per personReserve
- Special menu
Chef's Five Course Seasonal TastingFirst & Oak at the Mirabelle InnSolvang$85.00 per personReserve
Check out diners' favorite restaurants in Santa Barbara
Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
"Consider the bao. Chinese in origin, it’s most easily described as a steamed bun filled with something savory. Yet, like the American concept of a sandwich, the bao exploded into a flexible format of untold bounds — served at any meal, filled with you-name-it, completely closed or wide open, with endless regional variants from across Asia and far beyond." - Matt Kettmann (SB Independent)
1 Block From State Street, Easy Parking, Public Lot Nearby, Free 75 Minute Parking, Walking Distance, El Pueblo Viejo Landmark District, Superior Court, Spanish Colonial Revival Courthouse, Santa Barbara Museum Of Art, Courthouse Gardens, Bell Tower, Bao, Food, Restaurant, Asian, American, New, Modern, Fried, Chicken, Octopus, Vegan, Vegetarian, Paelo, Friendly, Dog Friendly, Outdoor Patio, Heaters, Warm, Inviting, Hospitable, Modern Design
We hope you will enjoy your experience as much as we enjoyed creating it for you.
"We want Locals to feel like Family and Visitors to feel like Locals"
Our menu draws from Asian favorites that inspire and excite such as Wagyu Steak, Japanese Sushi, Chinese Dumplings, Garlic Noodles and fresh local seafood.
We are located in the heart of Santa Barbara’s Waterfront and Funk Zone Districts. Come enjoy lunch or dinner, soak in the sun by day at our waterfront rooftop bar while sipping on a refreshing cocktail surrounded by our beautiful ocean vista and by night, enjoy lounging by the fireplace after a delicious meal and a great glass of wine.
Our chef uses the freshest ingredients from central coast farmers and local fisherman to create dishes with the best of what California has to offer.
New Menu by Executive Chef Josh Brown
Modern American cuisine with a Mediterranean twist
Fresh, local ingredients, prepared with care. Excellent wines that reflect the quality and character of our region and work in concert with the cuisine. Warm, inviting ambiance, service at a relaxed, leisurely pace. Santa Barbara ‘Wine Country Cuisine’ means we source our ingredients using an ‘as-fresh-and-as-local-as-possible’ approach, with fish from the Santa Barbara Channel and produce from the surrounding countryside. We then take into account how these flavors can be presented in concert with our local wines. We believe you’ll taste the difference. Bon Appètit!
To accommodate our second seating, early parties should plan for a maximum stay of 1.5 to 2hrs, depending on party size. Please call 805 966 9676 for more details.
A popular local’s favorite, opal restaurant & bar’s Eclectic California Cuisine fuses creative world cuisine influences with American Regional touches, from a 14 oz. Herb-Grilled Ribeye Steak on Tuscan White Beans, to Fresh Pan-Seared Fish & Seafood, Homemade Pastas, Gourmet Pizzas, fresh Baked Breads, imaginative Salads, & Homemade Desserts.
We have a Wine Spectator award-winning wine list, & a full bar with seasonal Craft Cocktails.
Our entire dining room staff assists to take care of each table, enabling exceptional service in a warm engaging manner, properly nuanced to your mood & taste. Our staff genuinely cares about giving you the best possible experience!
When requesting the greenhouse please note that is considered indoor dining.
Belmond El Encanto Dining Room features comfortable indoor seating and al fresco indulging on The Terrace. The Wine Room is the perfect venue for your private gatherings.
Light dining, sunset hour cocktails, extensive California wines by the glass and Afternoon Tea happen at The Lounge.
The Bar is your place for handcrafted cocktails complemented by live entertainment.
Accompanying the cuisine is an ambiance of pure scenic beauty, with floor-to-ceiling ocean views and a striking 25-seat bar topped with vibrant blue Amazonite quartz. Seating on the outdoor patio is also offered, showcasing some of the most captivating sunsets over the Pacific.
Complementing the Angel Oak dining experience is a premier cocktail program and exclusive wine cellar that houses the restaurant's 12,000-bottle collection.
Locals can enjoy a 10% discount.
Inspired by the bounty of the sea, the lush farms and abundant vineyards nearby and the cooking methods of Italy, Convivo is a festive gathering place for locals and visitors alike inside the newly-restored Santa Barbara Inn.
See what locals rave about in Santa Barbara
- AAnonymousvipCalifornia Central Coast •28 reviews5.0Dined 3 days agoAlways a great time… food and service is always some of the best in town. And surprisingly some of the best pizza in SB!More infoIntermezzo By Wine Cask$$$$• Californian• Santa Barbara•4.8
- TNThomasNvipOrange County •23 reviews5.0Dined 5 days agoWe wanted some Italian food during the I Madonnari event at the Mission and found Chase on OpenTable on State Street. What a cool vibe. The service was excellent and the food delicious. This section of State Street is closed to car traffic so we enjoyed the outdoor dining and people watching while enjoying Chicken Marsala and Jalapeño Gorgonzola French Pork, both with pasta.More infoChase Restaurant$$$$• Italian• Santa Barbara•4.2
- OTOpenTable DinervipWashington, D.C. Area •18 reviews5.0Dined 7 days agoFirst time to this new restaurant in Santa Barbara. The service team was very accommodating when our table wasn’t ready. Our waiter, Alberto, was top notch…personality, charm, personal touch, attentiveness. The crudo, oysters, quinoa potatoes and tempura squash blossoms were excellent. Sat outside which was wonderful. Plenty of heaters so not too cold. Will definitely be back!More infoGala$$$$• European• Santa Barbara•4.5
- RLRobinL1 review4.0Dined on May 8, 2023See at Tripadvisor were I have left a reference already.More infoOppi'z Bistro and Natural Pizza$$$$• Italian• Santa Barbara•4.1
- GRGenR88California Central Coast •2 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Very delicious. I got the huevos rancheros and my boyfriend got the smoked salmon bagel. We also shared the fruit plate and a side of bacon and sausage. The sides of bacon and sausage were delicious but it was only 3 pieces of bacon and 2 pieces of sausage for 12 dollars total. Our service was very nice but not very attentive, granted it was New Year’s Day so most people are tired. Overall a very enjoyable experience. Definitely would love to come and try out the dinner menu sometime.More infoFinch & Fork$$$$• American• Santa Barbara•4.1
Discover Santa Barbara
Only a two-hour jaunt from Los Angeles, Santa Barbara is a busy seaside town with a relaxed vibe and proximity to California's booming wine region. Sometimes called the American Riviera, Santa Barbara exudes alfresco charm while benefiting from local, fresh produce and sustainably harvested seafood. From the taco trail to cracked fresh crab at the pier to eclectic wine bars with delicate snacks, Santa Barbara is a culinary delight for a range of tastes. One thing you won't find much of is pretentious, black-tie dining; Santa Barbara prefers it low-profile. Fresh and local is the name of the game here. Copious nearby ranch land, wine country and independent distillers and breweries keep chefs inspired to design their menus with a distinctly local bent.
Frequently asked questions
The best reviewed restaurant in Santa Barbara is The 'O' Bar + Kitchen at The Ritz-Carlton Bacara, Santa Barbara
The best vegan restaurants in Santa Barbara are Stonehouse at San Ysidro Ranch, Convivo and OKU
The best vegetarian restaurants in Santa Barbara are OKU, Stonehouse at San Ysidro Ranch and Opal Restaurant & Bar
The restaurants with the best service in Santa Barbara are The 'O' Bar + Kitchen at The Ritz-Carlton Bacara, Santa Barbara, Bedda Mia and Barbareño
The restaurants with the best ambiance in Santa Barbara are The 'O' Bar + Kitchen at The Ritz-Carlton Bacara, Santa Barbara, Stonehouse at San Ysidro Ranch and El Encanto, A Belmond Hotel Dining Room
- Amtrack Station Santa Barbara
- Magnolia Shopping Center
- Santa Barbara Radio Range Station
- Sea Center Marine Museum
- Rosario Park
- Plaza Vera Cruz
- Tinkers Harbor
- The Upham Hotel
- Montecito Village Shopping Center
- Harbor View Inn
- Hale Park
- Paradise County Park
- Villa Rosa Inn
- Arroyo Burro Beach County Park
- Peabody Stadium
- Santa Barbara Orchid Estate
- Hotel Milo Santa Barbara
- Rattlesnake Canyon Park
- Los Robles Park
- Antioch College