South Dakota Restaurants
Make a free reservation
Available for dinner now in South Dakota
Outdoor dining in South Dakota
Check out diners' favorite restaurants in South Dakota
Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
(Jake's Fine Dining does not offer a children's menu.)
Harvester Kitchen is a contemporary restaurant with a focus on the time-honored belief of warm, welcoming hospitality. Chef-owned, operated and focused on innovative American cooking based in classic old-world technique. Harvester Kitchen by Bryan is located in downtown Sioux Falls (DTSF) on 6th Street, near Phillips Avenue, with sunset views of the iconic Old Courthouse clock tower. The windowed loft-style space is in the 115-year-old historic Harvester Building, one of the city’s first farm implement distributors. The restaurant is a scenic 1/2 mile walk from the impressive Falls Park and the waterfalls of the Big Sioux River. And is steps away from the Arc of Dreams, the centerpiece landmark sculpture of the DTSF sculpture walk, spanning the Big Sioux River.
Balancing flavor in food is always a journey and a work of art. To create food alchemy is to get in touch with the ingredients, feel the little creative nudges, follow your instincts, take risks, have courage and just allow.
At Buffalo Dreamer, Chef Rebecca Christensen is a relentless perfectionist, pursuing harmony in American cuisine as she brings together food flavors and recipes from absolutely everywhere.
Located at Moccasin Springs, an ancient mineral spring with newly renovated soaking pools, Buffalo Dreamer offers the transformative experience of food prepared with love and deep intention. Come dine with us and rest awhile. You just might feel the spirits of the majestic buffalo that once bathed, wallowed and fed in this historic and sacred site.
Morrie's Steakhouse strives for dining excellence. Think back to a time when legends lived. Old Hollywood. Jazz classics. Sophistication with an air of unpredictability. Back then, dining was a complete experience. Outstanding cuts of meat. Crafted cocktails. Unforgettable interactions. At Morrie's, we recapture that timeless taste.
We believe in supporting our local artisans and staying connected to our Black Hills community. At a time when the area is growing and expanding, we are striving to keep the flavor of the region alive.
Inspired by the history of this area, both the aesthetics of the building and the diversity of the menu are true to our local roots, something no nation-wide franchise can duplicate. Certainly, there are other steakhouses out there, but none like ours.
From the first design to the actual construction, we have focused on creating a balance between upscale dining and a casual atmosphere-crafting a chic steakhouse where the kids are welcome too.
The rest is easy-buy the very best meat possible and prepare it correctly.
Named "Best Restaurant in South Dakota" 2015 by Business Insider
With an environment that blends architectural and familial history with modern Tuscany styles, the warmth and welcome is as tangible as the delicious scents floating from the kitchen. Nonna's Kitchen is locally owned and operated by Nancy and Darren Manzari. Nancy takes on the role of Nonna, meaning grandmother in Italian, both in the eyes of her grandchildren and of the public she loves to feed. Preparing her family recipes and sharing that food with anyone who comes to her table has been a passion her whole life. This is what Nonna's Kitchen is really about - when you dine with us, you are dining with family and friends!
Ruthie's at Grand Falls is located just minutes east of Sioux Falls, SD.
See what locals rave about in South Dakota
- OTOpenTable Diner1 review5.0Dined todayThe drinks were amazing. The staff was very friendly. The food was incredible. ￼ They truly made a special night great.More infoMaribella$$$$• Italian• Sioux Falls•4.8
- HBHeidiBvipIowa •22 reviews5.0Dined 3 days agoAbsolutely wonderful - yet again! Tonight was a mother & newly graduated son dinner (which is treasured, rare time) & we thoroughly enjoyed our dinner experience! I ordered the sea bass, which was delicious, & my son ordered the bone-in apple pork chop over gnocchi. He could not stop talking about how flavorful & tender the pork was!! Service was great & we had a really nice time! Will definitely return again!!More infoR Wine Bar & Kitchen$$$$• Wine Bar• Sioux Falls•4.8
- ISISUCyclonesKansas City / Kansas •2 reviews5.0Dined 7 days agoAwesome experience, we were celebrating our anniversary, they sat us at a table and gave us roses with a note card, Happy Anniversary from Crawford. And they comped us a dessert. The waitress had some great recommendations and she was delightful. Our steaks we delicious! The mushrooms risotto…. Yum!! Our first visit and we can’t wait to bring friends the next time.More infoCrawford's Bar & Grill$$$$• American• Sioux Falls•4.6
- MKMarilynK1 review5.0Dined 7 days agoOur meal was very tasty and service was great. Server had good suggestions.More infoMorrie's Steakhouse$$$$• Steakhouse• Sioux Falls•4.8
- RRomescoSouth Dakota •3 reviews5.0Dined on May 17, 2023Excellent staff and service. Lighting could have been a little brighter. Everything was clean and orderly. Appetizer and entrees came in a perfectly timed manner.More infoMinerva's - Sioux Falls$$$$• American• Sioux Falls•4.6
Discover South Dakota
Although South Dakota has restaurants to satisfy any craving, whether it be steak, seafood, Italian, or Chinese food, the options tend to steer towards cuisine from Scandinavian, German, and Native American cultures. That being said, some meal options seem totally unique to the state. Foods such as chislic, kuchen (the state dessert) and Indian tacos are staples in South Dakota. The state celebrates its Czechoslovakian culture every June with Tabor Czech Days, which is a perfect way to do more than just sample your share of kolaches. Two foods created by the Lakota Sioux, wojaki and wasna, are still very popular in South Dakota today.
Frequently asked questions
Healthy restaurants located in South Dakota include Harvester Kitchen by Bryan, Minerva's - Sioux Falls and 22TEN Kitchen Cocktails
Restaurants with gluten-free options in South Dakota are Maribella, R Wine Bar & Kitchen and Crawford's Bar & Grill
Bottomless brunch in South Dakota is available at Granite City Food & Brewery - Sioux Falls, Minerva's - Sioux Falls and 22TEN Kitchen Cocktails
The most romantic restaurant in South Dakota is Maribella
Restaurants in South Dakota with a great view include Maribella, Harvester Kitchen by Bryan and Vertex Sky Bar
- Hampton Inn Rapid City
- Fish Lake State Public Shooting Area
- Old Yankton Trail Stone Marker
- Super 8 Rapid City
- Altona State Wildlife Management Area
- Great Oasis State Wildlife Management Area
- Fairview Area
- River of Redrock Park
- Ramkota Hotel Pierre
- Westside Park
- World War Ii Memorial Park
- Comfort Inn & Suites - Custer
- Bear Country Usa
- Westside Park
- Journey Museum
- Rushmore Mall
- Corsica City Park
- Veterans Park
- Kiwanis Park
- Mount Rushmore National Memorial