Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Balancing flavor in food is always a journey and a work of art. To create food alchemy is to get in touch with the ingredients, feel the little creative nudges, follow your instincts, take risks, have courage and just allow.
At Buffalo Dreamer, Chef Rebecca Christensen is a relentless perfectionist, pursuing harmony in American cuisine as she brings together food flavors and recipes from absolutely everywhere.
Located at Moccasin Springs, an ancient mineral spring with newly renovated soaking pools, Buffalo Dreamer offers the transformative experience of food prepared with love and deep intention. Come dine with us and rest awhile. You just might feel the spirits of the majestic buffalo that once bathed, wallowed and fed in this historic and sacred site.
We believe in supporting our local artisans and staying connected to our Black Hills community. At a time when the area is growing and expanding, we are striving to keep the flavor of the region alive.
Inspired by the history of this area, both the aesthetics of the building and the diversity of the menu are true to our local roots, something no nation-wide franchise can duplicate. Certainly, there are other steakhouses out there, but none like ours.
From the first design to the actual construction, we have focused on creating a balance between upscale dining and a casual atmosphere-crafting a chic steakhouse where the kids are welcome too.
The rest is easy-buy the very best meat possible and prepare it correctly.
Named "Best Restaurant in South Dakota" 2015 by Business Insider
Minervas has been an icon for outstanding food and impeccable service. Guests rave about the diversely delicious menu, featuring everything from in-house aged steaks to ocean fresh seafood to classically authentic pasta.
Minervas’ highly regarded reputation continues to make the restaurant a favorite for celebrating special occasions. We've also served our share of famous visitors including presidents, movie stars, musicians, politicians and celebrities.
- OTOpenTable DinerSouth Dakota •1 review5.0Dined 3 days agoI had been wanting to try this place for a while. Let's say I should have gone sooner! It's very quaint and lovely inside. But the food! Oh my Aphrodite was the food delicious! And they made the French 75 wonderfully. I'll go back.More infoDelmonico GrillPrice: Expensive• American• Rapid City•4.4
- JKJamieKDenver / Colorado •2 reviews5.0Dined 5 days agoGood was very good and the waitress did a great job of explaining everything.More infoSear Black Hills SteakhousePrice: Moderate• Steakhouse• Rapid City•4.5
- JMJoshuaMSouth Dakota •5 reviews4.0Dined 5 days agoFood was excellent! Always a great choice for pub food. Service was slow but not bad, but it’s parade day and you could tell they were short staffed. Overall still a great experience.More infoMurphy's Pub and GrillPrice: Moderate• Gastro Pub• Rapid City•4.2
- KkatierosevipSouth Dakota •23 reviews5.0Dined on Nov 23, 2023I always love Tally’s. I’ve not had a bad experience.More infoTally's Silver SpoonPrice: Expensive• American• Rapid City•4.4
- JIJILLASouth Dakota •3 reviews5.0Dined on Nov 15, 2023Excellent all the way around. Loved our waitress.More infoDakotah SteakhousePrice: Moderate• Steakhouse• Rapid City•4.5
Discover Rapid City
Rapid City is the perfect launching pad for visiting Mt Rushmore, Crazy Horse Monument, Deadwood, the Badlands, and the Black Hills. The other thing Rapid City has going for is its inviting restaurant scene. Rapid has a long list of steakhouses where the chefs are classically trained and can fix the perfect steak. Many of the restaurants feature buffalo steaks or prime rib and buffalo burgers. In addition to steaks and buffalo, you’ll find family-friendly restaurants offering classic comfort foods. If you’re feeling more experimental, however, sample their international cuisine. Options include French, Italian, Mexican, and even traditional Indian and Nepalese dishes.
Frequently asked questions
- Mount Rushmore
- Dinosaur Park
- Best Western Buffalo Ridge Inn
- Roosevelt Inn
- Jewel Cave National Monument
- Zimbleman Deer Camp
- Black Hills National Forest
- Canyon Lake Park
- College Park
- South Town Mall
- Comfort Inn I-90 Rapid City
- Rushmore Borglum Story
- North Rapid Shopping Center
- Prairie Homestead Historic Site
- Best Western Plains Motel
- Holiday Inn Rapid City - Rushmore Plaza
- Villa Ranchero Shopping Center
- Sleep Inn & Suites
- Tepee Ranger Station
- Sioux Indian Museum