Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
We offer hookah at our restaurant and per California law, no one under 21 can be seated during times that hookah is being served. Children are welcome on Saturday and Sunday from 10:00 am - 6:00 pm.
Why Eat Ordinary?
when you can eat Extraordinary!
About reservations: We have a 15 minute grace period. Please call us if you are running later than 15 minutes after your reservation time.
We may contact you, so please ensure your email and phone number are up to date. Your table will be reserved for 1 hour 30 minutes for parties of up to 2; 2 hours for parties up to 4; 2 hours 30 minutes for parties of up to 6; and 3 hours for parties of 7+. We can't guarantee special request for tables.
Well-known for our signature Clam Chowder, Grilled Swordfish, and Crème Brûlée, the Brigantine is a favorite among locals for consistently fresh seafood, succulent steaks and grilled meats.
With an updated nautical decor, the busy Oyster bar is hands-down the local favorite. Lush flowering foliage outdoors creates an elegant dining experience on one of two charming patios.
The La Mesa Brigantine serves dinner 7 nights a week, lunch Monday-Saturday, and brunch every Sunday.
Join us for our signature Happy Hour.
Terra American Bistro and Chef Jeff Rossman have been binging the Farm To Table-Modern American Bistro experience to San Diegans for over 25 years now. Having relocated from Hillcrest to the East College area close to SDSU 11 years ago, the rotating menu features local fish procured from Tommy The Fishmonger @ Tunaville and local farm fresh produce from the bounty of San Diego County. Featured menu items include 12 Hour Braised Short Rib, Grilled Flat Iron Steak Chimichurri, Roasted Salmon with Herb oil, Terra's Wagyu Burgers, Nashville Chicken Sandwich and the famous Banana Bread Pudding with Jim Beam Butterscotch! The team’s ambition at Terra is to create a relaxed and casual atmosphere to enjoy great food, local craft beer & wine. Terra has many awards for best neighborhood joint: it's where the locals go!!
The spacious outdoor garden, cozy loft, and private dining areas are the perfect places to enjoy tequila and mezcal based cocktails, family celebrations, or brunch with friends.
- OTOpenTable DinerSan Diego •2 reviews5.0Dined 1 day agoAs always, a delicious meal! Was surprised to see new menu items that did not disappoint!!! The tortellonis were amazing! Highly recommend.More infoAntica TrattoriaPrice: Moderate• Contemporary Italian• La Mesa•4.8
- CChouToronto / Ontario •2 reviews5.0Dined 2 days agoGreat food, service and vibe. Our server Brad was outstanding providing excellent recommendations and made us feel welcome and at home. I highly recommend making the trip to La Mesa.More infoFarmer's Table - La MesaPrice: Moderate• Farm-to-table• La Mesa•4.4
- PSPamelaSSan Diego •1 review5.0Dined 4 days agoWe had an excellent experience and plan to go back again!More infoCasa GabrielaPrice: Moderate• Mexican• La Mesa•4.6
- AMAndreaMSan Diego •3 reviews5.0Dined on Dec 2, 2023Had a large party and got put in the private room in front. They comped a bday dessert. Very attentive server & great experience.More infoBanbu Sushi Bar & GrillPrice: Expensive• Seafood• La Mesa•4.6
- OTOpenTable DinerSan Diego •2 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Servers were wonderful! They were very kind and patient with us because it was our first time dining here. Food was excellent, good portion sizes and quality for the price. Made the first day of 2023 very enjoyable.More infoBrigantine La MesaPrice: Moderate• Seafood• La Mesa•4.7
LatinX-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in LA
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These LatinX-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
LGBTQ-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in San Diego
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find LGBTQ-owned and -operated restaurants to support from coast to coast. Book a table at one of these spots to dine out (and proud!) for Pride month and beyond.
Asian-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support Near San Diego
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Asian-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
Women-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in LA
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Woman-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their identity — explore spots to support near you.
A Guide to the Best Date Spots in San Diego
Conversations begin on Bumble but they get even deeper IRL. When it’s time to move from direct messaging to direct eye contact, find a table for two. And to make it super easy, OpenTable and Bumble are teaming up to help you find the best date spots in your city. Find a restaurant that fits your style, whether you want drinks on a patio or a special four-course meal, OpenTable can help you choose the cuisine, seating area, and even book unique experiences with nearby restaurants. Download the Bumble app to find your match, and check the list below to find your table.
Discover La Mesa
When eating in Southern California, the seafood is, of course, the star. The Greater San Diego area, including La Mesa, houses some of the best seafood restaurants in the country. Their easy access to Pacific bounty, like tuna, salmon, calamari, and shellfish, means some of the freshest ingredients are in the hands of some of the most experienced seafood chefs in the business. This quality of fish also means there is a lot of great sushi. There is a growing farm-to-table movement in this area, driven by access to many local produce vendors. Without a doubt, a strong Latin influence exists on East County's cuisine. The area has everything from fantastic taco joints to high-end traditional fare, all worth checking out.
Frequently asked questions
- La Mesa Crossroads Shopping Center
- Best Western Plus SDSU La Mesa San Diego
- Days Inn and Suites San Diego SDSU
- Dailard Park
- Lake Murray Square Shopping Center
- Baltimore West Shopping Center
- Grossmont Shopping Center
- Heritage Inn La Mesa
- Northmont Park
- RentMySanDiegoCottage in La Mesa
- San Carlos Recreation Center
- Harry Griffin Regional Park
- Eucalyptus Park
- Fletcher Hills Park
- La Mesa Town And Country Shopping Center
- Sun Valley Golf Course
- Aztec Park
- Sunset Park 70
- San Carlos Shopping Center
- Porter Park