Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
V. Mertz is locally-owned, and we pride ourselves in offering artisan products and cheeses, organically-grown local produce and Wagyu beef, and sustainably-farmed and line-caught seafood. We believe that dining should be an event, and to this end Chef Jonathan Miller has created a harmony of food and wine, culminating in our extravagant Tasting Menu.
Perfect for business or pleasure, V. Mertz is the premier fine-dining restaurant in Omaha.
Gather in Omaha is the first and only restaurant in town to offer an on-site hydroponic vertical farm with fresh produce, greens, and herbs, all hand-picked daily by our culinary team.
READ OUR POLICIES BELOW:
*We will only hold your table 10 min beyond your reservation time and your table will be released. All "no-show" reservations and cancellations made within 6 hours of reservation for parties of 6 or less or 12 hours for 6 or more, will be CHARGED $25/person.
Dynamite Woodfire Grill offers a taste of the old and new in a lavish and captivating environment, complete with Classic & Creative Cocktails and a defining Wine Program.
- KKellyIowa •2 reviews5.0Dined 1 day agoFirst time there ( won’t be last ) , our food was amazing and our server was outstanding. Will highly recommend this to anyone who is looking for a amazing experienceMore infoCibo VinoPrice: Expensive• Italian• Omaha•4.5
- OTOpenTable DinerNebraska •1 review5.0Dined 2 days agoOur large party had a lovely dinner experience tonight. The food looked beautiful and tasted amazing. The whole family raved about their entrees and they were nice portions. We received our appetizers quickly and once we got a chance to order our main meal, it came in a timely fashion. I think service was mostly ok but when someone needed something like extra salad dressing, our waitress didn’t come back for 20 plus minutes and then dinner was served The place was really busy so perhaps it was hard for her to be everywhere. We will definitely come back. One of my favorite birthday meals everMore infoGather - OmahaPrice: Expensive• American• Downtown / Old Market•4.7
- CChelsToledo / Northwest Ohio •2 reviews5.0Dined 6 days agoBlue had the best sushi I have ever had. The food can extremely fast and was delicious. The chocolate spring rolls were to die for! Will definitely becoming back.More infoBlue Sushi Sake Grill - Old MarketPrice: Expensive• Sushi• Downtown / Old Market•4.8
- OTOpenTable DinerNebraska •4 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 2, 2023Gilbs is always good, you can have great food for a reasonable price, and they accommodate most any substitutions you wantMore infoJ. Gilbert’s - Wood Fired Steaks & Seafood - OmahaPrice: Expensive• Steak• Downtown / Old Market•4.7
- SsterbamannvipNebraska •6 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Plank’s food and service were amazing. We commented we will be putting this place in our regular dining out rotation.More infoPlank Seafood Provisions - OmahaPrice: Expensive• Seafood• Downtown / Old Market•4.6
Discover Old Market
When it comes to food, the Midwestern metropolis of Omaha is synonymous with steaks. It's no surprise then that the historic downtown and Old Market districts are full of steakhouses. You can sample microbrews while watching street acts or indulge in French cuisine with a farm-to-table twist. Step off the original brick street and into a modern Italian bistro, or admire one of the horse-drawn carriages from one of the many restaurants that offer patio seating. Whether you want chicken fajitas for a casual lunch or want to have a romantic seafood dinner for two, you'll find something to enjoy at many of Old Market's restaurants.
Frequently asked questions
Celebrate special occasion at the best restaurants in Downtown Omaha. Our customers recommend J. Gilbert’s - Wood Fired Steaks & Seafood - Omaha, Texas de Brazil - Omaha and Gather - Omaha
As of October 2, 2023 there are 30 restaurants in Downtown Omaha. Filter by “outdoor dining”, “romantic” or “dog friendly”.
On OpenTable we support all cuisines. Find Steakhouse, American, Steak, Sushi, Contemporary American and more. Use our filters to find exactly what you’re looking for and make your reservation today.
Yes! We partner with restaurants in Downtown Omaha who deliver with Uber Eats, Postmates, ChowNow, Toast, Olo.
Yes, you can also see restaurants near you offering takeout.
Yes! OpenTable provides free, convenient and trusted options to book the best restaurants in Downtown Omaha either on OpenTable or directly with the restaurant.
Yes, we partner with a third party to bring back menu information for restaurants near you.
- Adams Park
- Kenefick Park
- Hotel Deco
- Fontenelle Park
- Wilson Island State Park
- Omaha Baseball Stadium
- Super 8 Omaha Eppley Airport/Carter Lake
- Logan Park
- Qwest Center Omaha
- Deer Park
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Omaha Downtown
- Fort Atkinson Historical Marker
- Historic Florence Depot Museum
- Kountze Park
- Neale Woods Nature Center
- Omaha Theater Company For Young People
- Omaha Civic Auditorium
- Keystone Park
- Colonial Acres Park