Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Diners’ top pick
We are a family on a mission to bring positive change to the world through food. Together, through our food choices, we can create a world in which biodiversity thrives and small farms prosper. Change starts here!
The Horned Dorset Inn
The Horned Dorset Inn is the quintessential destination for memorable fine dining and lodging in central New York, serving seasonal, contemporary and classical French cuisine. Chef Wratten combines produce from the restaurant’s own organic gardens with locally produced meats and cheeses. Fish is an affinity for the chef, given 25 years at his signature restaurant in Rincon, Puerto Rico, and vegetarians will delight in his mindful creations. Aaron is an alumnus of “Aureole” under Charlie Palmer and “Restaurant Daniel” under Daniel Boulud. Located in a beautifully restored historical building, in the small town of Leonardsville it has been lovingly managed by the same family for nearly 44 years. Information about accommodations in their gracious Victorian inn and off-premises catering are available on the website or by phone.
With a bright, elegant setting and an enticing menu featuring delicious seasonal fare, The Otesaga's Glimmerglass provides an exquisite dining experience sure to create treasured memories. Executive Chef Jim Perillo serves a creative take on classic American cuisine with an emphasis on fresh, local ingredients of the highest quality. Enjoy breathtaking views from the spacious Otesaga Veranda, overlooking picturesque Lake Otsego. Glimmerglass provides sumptuous fare amid one of the most beautiful settings.
Price: Very Expensive
With an emphasis on fresh, local ingredients, guests will find a menu that offers something for every palate, including the finest cuts of meats, fresh seafood and salads. The cozy setting, featuring outdoor seating on the veranda in season, and the serene backdrop of Otsego Lake provides a perfect complement to your dining experience.
The Hawkeye Bar & Grill
Open year-round, Hawkeye Bar & Grill serves a diverse menu of seasonal favorites in a beautiful location overlooking Lake Otsego. Enjoy an enticing medley of comfort foods and regional specialties, including the best burgers in town, at this exceptional restaurant in Cooperstown, NY. Sample beers, cocktails and cordials while relaxing outside on the seasonal patio, or grab a seat inside.
- NCNinaCNew York / Tri-State Area •1 review5.0Dined on Nov 23, 2023The food is delicious, the staff friendly, and the setting is amazing.More infoGlimmerglassPrice: Moderate• Breakfast• Cooperstown•4.8
- SstevecNew York / Tri-State Area •7 reviews5.0Dined on Nov 18, 2023When for my Birthday and the service and food were amazing. The place was beautiful along with the hotel it’s in. Highly recommended enjoying this great steakhouse.More info1909Price: Very Expensive• American• Cooperstown•4.8
- RBRenuBPhoenix / Arizona •2 reviews5.0Dined on Oct 5, 2023We loved our late lunch here. The food was good, the service wonderful and the setting - fabulous! Go glad we were able to get in before they closed for the season. Definitely a must if in the area.More infoOrigins CafePrice: Moderate• Farm-to-table• Cooperstown•4.9
- DDawkNew York / Tri-State Area •1 review5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023The service was amazing and would highly recommend for anyone looking for a nice night out.More infoTS Steakhouse at Turning StonePrice: Very Expensive• Steakhouse• Verona•4.7
- ETEarlTNew York / Tri-State Area •1 review5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023The ambiance at the Otesaga is old world wonderful. The view of the lake is spectacular. The service was top notch. The food was very good and the prices rival ANY of the restaurants in the village.More infoThe Hawkeye Bar & GrillPrice: Moderate• American• Cooperstown•4.6
Frequently asked questions
The best reviewed restaurant in Cooperstown is The Horned Dorset Inn
- A Comfort Woods Guesthouse
- Neahwa Park
- The White House Inn
- Terrace Motor Inn
- Red Carpet Inn On The Lake
- Super 8 Oneonta/Cooperstown
- Holiday Inn Oneonta
- Crittenden Athletic Fields
- Table Rock Fields
- Bayside Inn & Marina -Three Bedroom Cottage I
- Cooperstown And Charlotte Valley Railroad
- Wilbur Park
- Tennis Courts70
- Doubleday Field
- Frisbee Field
- Wright Stadium
- Huntington Memorial Park
- Hyde Hall
- Cary Park
- Strawberry Fields, Central Park NYC