Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
The Forbes four-star restaurant has been named Zagat’s “Top Restaurant in the Bay Area” and received Wine Spectator magazine’s “Best of Award of Excellence” since 2001 for its wine cellar. The cellar houses 1,850 different wines and a total of more than 25,000 premium bottles, including 10,000 bottles from nearby Bernardus Winery.
Located in the picturesque Barnyard Shopping Village just off of HWY 1 between Rio Rd and Carmel Valley Rd. Sur at the Barnyard is where foodies, beer lovers and families escape the stresses of their day-to-day lives to enjoy a great meal!
If you don't see a reservation available give us a call anytime and we will be happy to assist!
Need a reservation for 7 or more? Give us a call at 831-250-7188 or email us any requests at firstname.lastname@example.org
- MPMaggiePvipYosemite / Mammoth Lakes •10 reviews5.0Dined 3 days agoWe love everything about The Pocket! The food, cocktails, service, and warm, inviting atmosphere bring us back every weekMore infoThe PocketPrice: Expensive• Californian• Carmel•4.7
- JSJamesSPhiladelphia / New Jersey Suburbs •3 reviews5.0Dined 7 days agoFood and service was great. Everything was set up as requested. Lori was fantastic as our server.More infoTarpy's RoadhousePrice: Moderate• American• Monterey•4.6
- KKathyatthefarmPhiladelphia / New Jersey Suburbs •6 reviews5.0Dined on Nov 27, 2023A wonderful late afternoon lunch. The food was delicious and the service was friendly and helpful. The setting is wonderful!More infoLucia Restaurant & Bar - Bernardus Lodge & SpaPrice: Very Expensive• Californian• Carmel Valley•4.7
- AVArianaV1 review5.0Dined on Aug 19, 2023Service was impeccable. My spouse & I received wonderful suggestions for wines based on our individual preferences which was much appreciated. We will be returning.More infoAlbatross Ridge Tasting Cottage - Carmel ValleyPrice: Moderate• Winery• Carmel Valley•4.7
- BCBrendaCvipWashington, D.C. Area •7 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Absolutely the best lunch in Carmel by the Sea. Food was amazing along with the service. Sea scallop salad was the best! Outdoor dining was very nice with the fountainMore infoAnton & Michel RestaurantPrice: Expensive• Californian• Carmel•4.7
Discover Carmel Valley
The beach community of Carmel Valley is host to a wide variety of restaurants. Monterey runs the gambit from ultra-fine dining seafood spots and steak houses to a fun tiki bar with a Hawaiian-themed menu. Carmel Valley is just a quick drive from Monterey and features restaurants serving food options ranging from Italian cuisine to French pastries. Most restaurants feature a selection of wines from different local vineyards that diners should find as a nice complement to their meal. Carmel Valley also has a great selection of American restaurants and steak houses to choose from with iconic dishes ranging from ribeyes and pork chops to seared Diver scallops and abalone.
Frequently asked questions
The best reviewed restaurant in Carmel Valley is Albatross Ridge Tasting Cottage - Carmel Valley
- Mid Valley Shopping Center
- Carmel Valley Shopping Center
- Bill Ramos Park
- Central Park
- Santa Lucia Square Shopping Center
- Gonzales Fire Station
- Carmel Valley Lodge
- Greenfield City Park
- Hastings Natural History State Reservation
- Carmel Valley Ranch
- Holman Ranch
- Bernardus Lodge & Spa
- Little League Park
- Budget Inn Greenfield
- Carmel Valley Ranch Golf Course
- Valley Harvest Inn
- The Blue Sky Lodge
- Country Garden Inns
- Tularcitos Guard Station