Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Welcome to The Avenue.
An all-occasion steak tavern that glows with sizzle and warmth. Serving fine steaks and tavern fare to family and friends in Grandview's historic Bank Block Neighborhood. Serving Dinner Nightly.
Join us for Monday Wine Night - select bottles of wine at select prices - every Monday 4p-9p! Our happy hour is Monday-Friday 4p-6p in our bar.
We now offer online ordering! Place your order for curbside pick-up at https://theavenuesteaktavern.com!
The Cap City menu follows suit, with recognizable favorites like meatloaf receiving unexpected and delightful upscale twists, alongside trendier chef-driven dishes with big flavors. Desserts at this Cameron Mitchell Restaurant are retro-cool, taste better than you remember, and are showstopper-sized.
Opening in the Fall of 2005, Z Cucina topped the list of new restaurants according to Columbus Monthly Magazine. Described as "unobtrusively chic", Z Cucina is a blend of traditional & modern Italian cuisine that also moves with ease into the realm of Mediterranean flavors. With an International Wine List married to the chef's cuisine, Z Cucina offers the rare experience of distinctive dining in a neighborhood setting.
- OTOpenTable DinerColumbus •9 reviews5.0Dined 1 day agoWait staff was great, drinks were good a nd so was the food. Only down side was that kids and or child at another table was loud and running around. It was a bit of a distraction to the evening.More infoAgave & Rye - GrandviewPrice: Moderate• Mexican• Upper Arlington•4.6
- BPBrianPvipColumbus •34 reviews5.0Dined 2 days agoAs usual, a wonderful night out and a dinner to remember. Despite it being a Wednesday night, the place was packed with pre-holiday revelers. Service was a bit slower than usual, but only due to the throngs of people. Professional and friendly, as is always the case. Delicious food; charming ambiance. We’ll be back soon.More infoThe Avenue Steak TavernPrice: Expensive• Steakhouse• Grandview Heights•4.8
- BHBethHColumbus •2 reviews5.0Dined 6 days agoWhen I go out to eat I am first interested in the food. The food that was hand prepared to order at this fine dining establishment was given such respect by the kitchen staff and the head Chef. Such a depth of flavor in every dish that I had the privilege to try. Not only was the food exquisite, but the staff that cared for my date and I was caring, available, responsive, yet not over bearing. Lauren our server walked the fine line of excellent service with not being interruptive or intrusive to our dinning experience. She was a real pro. The ambience is spot on. The tables are covered in white linen, the lighting is just right and the tables just far away enough to understand your neighbor is having a great experience yet you cannot hear what their experience is. Now what makes this place a multi a month reservation is the value. The respect paid to the food and the preparation to provide excellence to anyone who arrives, the service by the staff is on the level of any fine dining experience I have had, yet you get all this for half the price other establishments will charge. This is a win win win for anyone or any party who wants to frequent such a fine establishment. My date who drove in from Nashville, and who has lived in Manhattan, San Francisco, and New Orleans was just blown away with what a great spot I had found. Many thanks to the Chef who made all this possible for us. Do not hesitate to make a reservation, your pallet will be bombarded with flavors and your senses delighted with the ambience of a fine restaurant with a truly professional staff. I will be visiting again soon. My sincere thanks.More infoTrattoria RomaPrice: Moderate• Italian• Grandview Heights•4.6
- JPJohnPColumbus •2 reviews5.0Dined on Nov 28, 2023Every time we get to Columbus, a stop at Z Cucina is a must. Our favorite restaurant in town. Started with crab cake appetizer (a special that night) , a mozzarella capri with zucchini, lasagna, and top it off with a most delicious tiramisu. Everything was fabulous, including our waiter Lucas. Can’t wait to go back. A true must stop if you’re in ColumbusMore infoZ Cucina di Spirito - ColumbusPrice: Moderate• Italian• Grandview Heights•4.7
- KHKevinHColumbus •2 reviews5.0Dined on Nov 19, 2023Awesome visit. The salmon and mussels were great! Will come backMore infoGrandview CafePrice: Moderate• American• Upper Arlington•4.5
Discover Grandview Heights
Are you looking for a Grandview Heights restaurant with some great comfort food? As the oldest suburb of Columbus, Grandview Heights is full of many well-established restaurants. BBQ restaurants are among the most popular. If you're looking for traditional Southern with all the trimmings, you don't have to look very far in Grandview Heights to find a great place for it. But, BBQ here means more than continental-American; Hawaiian and Japanese BBQ are popular, and they give their own special twists on the favorite American BBQ sides like mac 'n' cheese and greens. If you're looking for something other than either American or international BBQ, then Italian is your best bet. With over 25 Italian restaurants, Grandview Heights has plenty to choose from for a wonderful dinner out.
Frequently asked questions
The best reviewed restaurant in Grandview Heights is The Avenue Steak Tavern