Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
12 Years in Restaurant experienced. in the heart of Broadway St.
Z & Y Restaurant is an award winning and Michelin Guide recommended San Francisco Chinese restaurant which prepares all your favorite authentic Chinese cuisine, Szechuan regional specialties including spicy and non-spicy dishes, Mandarin style dim sum and family dishes.
San Francisco residents, as well as tourist and dignitaries from all around the world come to Z & Y Restaurant for business lunch, dinners, special events and to order our fast and reliable Chinese take out.
At Z & Y Restaurant, we prepare delicious Chinese cuisine that is full of flavor. We consider ourselves to be the best Chinese food restaurant around and with one bite from our amazing menu, we are confident you will feel the same. We invite you to come in and become a new loyal customer.
"The Six Best Cocktail Bars in San Francisco" – NEWSWEEK
"25 Top-Shelf Cocktail Bars in San Francisco" – EaterSF
"The best bars in San Francisco right now" – TimeOut San Francisco
"The Bar Greatest Hits List" – The Infatuation
“It’s a pseudo-secret, just above the bustling scene at China Live, accessible via stairwell; black bats painted on the walls lead the way to the door. Inside is a swanky, Scotch-filled bar where the bartenders wear tuxedos, and the vibe is modern Shanghai with a dash of old school San Francisco. Drinks are heavy on the Scotch, and there are many to choose from, so don’t be shy.” – High-End Scotch Concoctions Headline the New Menu at Chinatown’s Cold Drinks Bar – EaterSF
The spacious restaurant occupies the former location of Chinatown’s celebrated Empress of China with striking city views. Reimagined by Chef Boon and team, the Empress was brought back to its former glory by embracing modern design elements while incorporating restored original features, creating a welcoming atmosphere that pays homage to the history of the beloved location.
- PBPamBSan Francisco Bay Area •2 reviews5.0Dined 1 day agoPhenomenal place! Incredible food and absolutely loved their personal touch with giving us a hand written note to celebrate our anniversary! They pay attention to every detail. Can’t wait to go back.More infoTrestlePrice: Expensive• American• Financial District / Embarcadero•4.8
- CWCarolynWSan Francisco Bay Area •10 reviews5.0Dined 4 days agoHad a lovely night celebrating our anniversary! Food was delicious and the service was excellent. Shout out to James for making our night special!More infoWayfare TavernPrice: Moderate• American• Financial District / Embarcadero•4.6
- OTOpenTable DinerLondon •3 reviews4.0Dined 4 days agoWe had a great evening here. We were lucky to get a window seat, with the best views. Food was excellent, although, as others have said, misses out by not finishing on a sweet note - even a small chocolate truffle would have sufficed in the fixed price menu. Service stuttered at the start with drinks arriving too slow, and again a small amuse bouche would have got things off to a better start. However, once we got going we thoroughly enjoyed the food we were served, although I'm not convinced this would have a Michelin star if it were in Europe, but that seems to be common in the US as other Michelin starred restaurants I've been to have also left us underwhelmed. Given the context, we thought 4/5.More infoThe Empress by BoonPrice: Very Expensive• Chinese• Chinatown•4.5
- DDeelish12Los Angeles •27 reviews5.0Dined 7 days agoWe dined here twice on our trip to SFO, first with 5 people we had 2 vegetarians in our group and there was so much to choose from Cauliflower was awesome and Blistered green Beans on our second visit. Dishes perfectly presented, wait staff knowledgeable and prompt. Don’t miss their ChinaLive Store! Bought dishes and incense.More infoChina LivePrice: Moderate• Chinese• Chinatown•4.6
- JjodisvipSan Francisco Bay Area •9 reviews5.0Dined on Sep 24, 2023We went to Roka Akor with another couple before going to the Curran Theater. The food was delicious. The server was extremely helpful with accurate food descriptions when we had questions. The sake was delightful. The tables were a good distance from each other so we were able to talk freely. We will DEFINITELY go back.More infoRoka Akor - San FranciscoPrice: Expensive• Japanese• Financial District / Embarcadero•4.7
A guide to all your dining needs while attending the APEC summit in San Francisco
Here’s a full list of all the must-visit restaurants and bars in San Francisco while you’re at APEC.
A guide to SF’s best private dining rooms for any occasion
From an underground wine vault to an al fresco nook with Bay Bridge views, these San Francisco restaurants are equipped to host any exclusive event.
LGBTQ-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in San Francisco
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find LGBTQ-owned and -operated restaurants to support from coast to coast. Book a table at one of these spots to dine out (and proud!) for Pride month and beyond.
Asian-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support Near San Francisco
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Asian-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
A Guide to the Best Date Spots in the Bay Area
Conversations begin on Bumble but they get even deeper IRL. When it’s time to move from direct messaging to direct eye contact, find a table for two. And to make it super easy, OpenTable and Bumble are teaming up to help you find the best date spots in your city. Find a restaurant that fits your style, whether you want drinks on a patio or a special four-course meal, OpenTable can help you choose the cuisine, seating area, and even book unique experiences with nearby restaurants. Download the Bumble app to find your match, and check the list below to find your table.
A hilly enclave dotted with red lanterns and bright storefronts, Chinatown is a richly authentic place that hums with energy. Every year, the district attracts more visitors than the Golden Gate Bridge. Some of the best-loved foods include the cash-only dim sum spots, famous egg tarts from the Golden Gate Bakery, and banquet-style dining halls that serve traditional Cantonese cuisine.
Frequently asked questions
The most romantic restaurant in Chinatown is The Empress by Boon