University City/Golden Triangle Restaurants
Make a free reservation
Book for lunch today in La Jolla
New restaurants to OpenTable in La Jolla
Check out diners' favorite restaurants in University City/Golden Triangle
Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
A beautiful, comfortable, unique, fun setting. A friendly, smiling, courteous staff we hope you get to know. Guests enjoying the moment, sharing a laugh, whom we hope we get to know. Freshly made dishes; locally sourced, passionately created, many unique…and all delicious. A beer list changing daily, proudly from our award winning local craft SD brewers, and a wine list chosen with care from select vineyards and varietals.
With a kiwi inspired lineage, and the spirit, love and good nature from the land of the Maori, we hope you will join us. And if we are so fortunate, then, we hope you will have a little too much of a good time, have a few too many laughs, stay a while, and return again soon to see us.
Outdoor dining in La Jolla
See what locals rave about in University City/Golden Triangle
- OTOpenTable DinerPhoenix / Arizona •1 review5.0Dined 2 days agoThe ambiance, food and drinks were amazing. The staff was great and even though they were very busy at 7 we never felt like we waited for anything.More infoJavier's - La Jolla$$$$• Mexican• La Jolla•4.7
- BFBajaFoodievipSan Diego •46 reviews4.0Dined 4 days agoAs usual, food was the highlight of our dining experience. We both had the same dish: a sweet and savory Korean curry dish with coconut milk, veggies and black rice, to which we added shrimp. Service was spotty as we were seated outside due to over-the-top noise level in the dining room.More infoTrue Food Kitchen - San Diego UTC$$$$• American• La Jolla•4.7
- OTOpenTable DinerOrange County •1 review5.0Dined 4 days agoThe food was wonderful and the service very good. Very loud however had a hard time hearing conversationsMore infoRED O Taste of Mexico - La Jolla$$$$• Contemporary Mexican• La Jolla•4.4
- DLDeonL1 review5.0Dined on Jun 1, 2023Tasty, fresh, delicious and awesome amounts of food. I came hungry and could barely finish my salad after appetizers and then definitely could not finish my main course but made for an amazing meal the next day.More infoThe Winery Restaurant & Wine Bar- La Jolla$$$$• Seafood• La Jolla•4.5
- OTOpenTable DinervipSan Diego •7 reviews5.0Dined on Jun 1, 2023We went here for our anniversary. They confirmed our Anniversary when we sat down, and gave us some champagne on the house. Also, they gave us on the house dessert! The food is a variety, fresh and unique. Great for elevated casual eating experience.More infoSeasons 52 - San Diego - UTC$$$$• American• University City/Golden Triangle•4.7
Award winning restaurants in La Jolla
Restaurant experiences trending in La Jolla
Get inspired by our collections of the top restaurants in University City/Golden Triangle
Asian-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support Near San Diego
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Asian-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
A Guide to the Best Date Spots in San Diego
Conversations begin on Bumble but they get even deeper IRL. When it’s time to move from direct messaging to direct eye contact, find a table for two. And to make it super easy, OpenTable and Bumble are teaming up to help you find the best date spots in your city. Find a restaurant that fits your style, whether you want drinks on a patio or a special four-course meal, OpenTable can help you choose the cuisine, seating area, and even book unique experiences with nearby restaurants. Download the Bumble app to find your match, and check the list below to find your table.
LGBTQ-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in San Diego
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find LGBTQ-owned and -operated restaurants to support from coast to coast. Book a table at one of these spots to dine out (and proud!) for Pride month and beyond.
LatinX-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in LA
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These LatinX-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
Women-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in LA
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Woman-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their identity — explore spots to support near you.
Discover University City
Bordered by La Jolla, North Claremont, and Sorrento Valley, San Diego's Golden Triangle is an upscale neighborhood populated by dozens of health and wellness centers. The local emphasis on health carries over to University City and Golden Triangle restaurants as well; many of the eateries serve light, organic, and locally sourced foods. If you want something international, you can find fusion sushi, Mediterranean bistros, and upscale Italian cuisine. Make sure you don't leave San Diego without trying the Mexican food. The Golden Triangle area is home to fish tacos, ceviche, and carne asada crafted with some of the freshest ingredients grown in fertile California. Local wines like San Pasqual Valley, Rancho Bernardo, or Julian would make a great addition to your meal.
Frequently asked questions
The best reviewed restaurant in University City/Golden Triangle is Truluck's - Ocean's Finest Seafood & Crab - La Jolla
The restaurants with the best service in University City/Golden Triangle are Truluck's - Ocean's Finest Seafood & Crab - La Jolla, Queenstown Bistro and Seasons 52 - San Diego - UTC
The restaurants with the best ambiance in University City/Golden Triangle are Truluck's - Ocean's Finest Seafood & Crab - La Jolla, Queenstown Bistro and Seasons 52 - San Diego - UTC
- Colony Plaza Shopping Center
- San Diego Mormon Temple
- University City Shopping Center
- University Village Park
- University Towne Centre Shopping Center
- Standley Recreation Center
- Nobel Athletic Area
- UTC 1 Bedroom Apartment
- University Square Shopping Center
- Sunny Room in UTC, UCSD, San Diego
- Doyle Community Park
- University Gardens Park
- Marcy Park
- San Clemente Park
- Rose Canyon Open Space
- Standley Park
- University City Village Golf Course
- Embassy Suites by Hilton San Diego - La Jolla
- Utc Westfield Shoppingtown Shopping Center
- Costa Verde Shopping Center