- DDDonnaDarlinNew Orleans / Louisiana •3 reviews5.0Dined on Aug 31, 2023We totally enjoyed our dining experience. The food was delicious and the wine was excellent. Our server was fantastic and super sweet!! It was a great night!More infoThe Red Maple RestaurantPrice: Expensive• Steakhouse• Gretna•4.8
- OTOpenTable DinerNew Orleans / Louisiana •1 review5.0Dined on Jan 2, 2023We went to Brennans for a New Years dinner as well as a late celebratory dinner for my 2 year olds birthday dinner. I had a 2 year old, a 6 year old and my spouse present. My children were fairly noisy, and playful and the wait staff were very friendly and helpful as well as brought them cotton candy and treats to the table. I never felt uncomfortable having children present for fine dining, and had a great dinner experience. The traditional cabbage and black eyed pea single bite appetizer spoons were delicious, even my 6 year old loved it. My waitress was a sweet younger woman originally from New England, She wore glasses and I hate that I can’t remember her name, but she was very soft spoken and sweet and made the experience much more enjoyable. We will be back to try the 2nd quarter menu but this time as an adults only New Orleans vacation.More infoBrennan'sPrice: Expensive• Creole• French Quarter•4.7
- AAltobellovipSouth Carolina •22 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023In town for the weekend, and picked this place based on reviews. We ran into some locals who also said this was a great choice. We could not have been more impressed. Every bite was food was outstanding. JC and Jeremy hosted us as if we were their home. The most memorable brunch we had ever had!! The wood grilled fish, duck spring rolls and shrimp and grits were out of this worldMore infoMr. B's BistroPrice: Expensive• Creole• French Quarter•4.7
- OTOpenTable DinerLas Vegas •2 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Wonderful service and ambience. All of the food was good and most excellent. We were at Jazz Brunch and the musicians were excellent and definitely added to the experience. Absolutely would recommend to anyoneMore infoAntoine'sPrice: Expensive• Creole• French Quarter•4.4
- MHMaxineHNew Orleans / Louisiana •2 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023As a resident of New Orleans, I normally recommend this restaurant to my clients and company visiting New Orleans. My. clients are always happy with their service, so I decided to try it out. It was nice meeting the staff face-to-face that assist me with my reservations. The food was fabulous. We ordered the redfish with pecan topping. OMG! The manager, Marcus Benoit and Katie, the hostess was very accommodating. The servers were awesome!More infoMerilPrice: Moderate• Contemporary American• Warehouse District•4.7
The best places to grab a drink in New Orleans
New Orleans’s best bars range from high-end cocktail lounges to charming wine bars and tried-and-true neighborhood escapes.
These 10 New Orleans restaurants nail outdoor dining
New Orleans’s best restaurants for outdoor dining come with breathtaking views, scenic streetside tables, and charming patios.
14 restaurants vital to New Orleans
Together, these old and new restaurants offer a snapshot of the best of New Orleans dining right now.
9 romantic restaurants for date night in New Orleans
New Orleans’s restaurants have hosted lovers and trysts for more than 300 years. Couples looking for romance are sure to find it in the Big Easy, whether it’s in the embrace of a velvet-clad hotel lounge or an intimate, family-owned neighborhood joint. Butter up your beau with a steak and martini at an iconic Mid-City steakhouse. Tuck into a tasting menu fit for royalty at a Japanese jewel box in the Central Business District. There’s a table for every kind of date across this festive city. Read on for a guide to 9 New Orleans restaurants ready to host your next romantic occasion.
Celebrate your special occasions at these top 13 New Orleans restaurants
New Orleanians tend to mark time by food seasons rather than the standard calendar flip. The hottest months belong to frozen daiquiris and technicolor snoballs. Spring brings families and friends together over spicy spreads of boiled crawfish. In a city that puts food and drink at the center of its life and not just the center of the table, eating and drinking is always a special occasion. When it comes to celebrating a birthday, graduation, or just feeling alive in the Big Easy, the stage is set with buckets of seafood, cocktails shaken and stirred in James Beard Award-winning bars, and grand dining rooms that have hosted generations of milestone events and special occasions. These are the 15 best restaurants to book across the Crescent City for many different celebrations.
4 Must-Book Restaurants in New Orleans
New Orleans’s restaurants are the beating heart of this festive city, and to say they’ve had a tough few years would be putting it mildly. The good news is that hospitality is calling again, and nobody does it better than the restaurateurs, chefs, servers, and bartenders that call the Big Easy home. Superior service continues to set New Orleans’s restaurant scene apart. Among the standouts, there’s a brand-new izakaya helmed by a meticulous executive chef who spent time in Japan and a Mid-City tapas bar that churns out a one-of-its-kind, afterhours brunch for the midnight munchies. Book one, book all, and be warmly welcomed at these four new restaurants, representing the best of New Orleans right now.
Discover the Top Women-Led Restaurants in the U.S. and Canada
There’s no better way to celebrate International Women’s Day than by paying a visit to one of these great restaurants — all helmed by women as chefs, managers, or owners. From running kitchens to managing multiple venues, these exceptional women are leaving their mark on the hospitality industry.
Whether it's Carnival season, St. Patrick's Day, or another significant holiday, it's always party time in the New Orleans area. The nearby community of Harvey is consistently ready for a celebration. Situated on the West Bank between Marrero and Gretna, Harvey is the place to go for good food. Cajun and Creole flavors are everywhere — seafood gumbo, crawfish tails, and jambalaya are a must here. You can also get Southern favorites like fried green tomatoes and shrimp with grits. At many restaurants, you'll hear a live jazz band playing while you eat. In Harvey, you don't have to miss out on specialties from other regions. Plenty of eateries will serve dishes like New England clam chowder and Sicilian pizza. You may even find a bit of Creole-Mex and other fusion restaurants in the area.
Frequently asked questions
Yes! We partner with restaurants in Harvey who deliver with Uber Eats, Postmates, ChowNow, Toast, Olo.
Yes, you can also see restaurants near you offering takeout.
Yes! OpenTable provides free, convenient and trusted options to book the best restaurants in Harvey either on OpenTable or directly with the restaurant.
Yes, we partner with a third party to bring back menu information for restaurants near you.