Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Come explore our newest location: Superior Grill Highland!
Enjoy some fabulous Mexican fare in our exquisite dining space on Highland Road or choose to sit on our spacious climate-controlled patio while sipping on a refreshing margarita or ice-cold beer! We'll see you soon!
Family Owned and Operated
About the Owner: Mr. Kulici is currently pursuing his professional career here in Louisiana. After 25 years he has devoted an exasperating amount of time and creativity to the art of food and hospitality. Consistency and culinary drive sets his goals to constant expansion and entrepreneur opportunities that are currently unfolding here in Louisiana. LaContea Italian Restaurant has now been open since February of 2017. The modern Italian ambiance and cuisine is touched with elements of traditionalism and flavor that brings more nuance to the idea of comfort Italian food.
Mr. Kulici just released his most recent updated seasonal menu as of November 2023.
With over 170 different wines to choose from, LaContea is constantly expanding its repertoire to create a masterpiece selection that truly has something for everyone and features service bar with classic brands and local distributions alike.
Guests will dine in the original 1770’s French House while enjoying a custom 5 course tasting menu, available with wine pairings. This option is offered on THURSDAY- SATURDAY nights, 6:00 pm–8:30 pm by reservation only.
Pricing for this experience starts at $100 per person for dinner with the option to add wine pairings and any other upgrades.
*For reservations of 8 or more guest please visit our website https://houmashouse.com/restaurants and fill out our request form
*Note: Because of Covid, times and/or features may be impacted. Please give us a call if you have any questions.
The Carriage House Restaurant at Houmas House and Gardens offers a more casual dining experience in one of the most beautiful Dining Rooms in America. Whether dining at our 40 foot long grand dining room table, or an intimate table for two, our style is Comfortable and Southern. Our menu is a collection of Classic Southern Dishes, with twists to make them our very own.
Our filets, porterhouses, t-bones and ribeyes are aged a minimum of 21 days and hand-cut
daily. Our world-famous hot tamales were recently featured on Alton Brown's Feasting on Asphalt and in Southern Living magazine.
- OTOpenTable DinervipBaton Rouge / Lafayette •6 reviews5.0Dined 1 day agoRuth Chris Steakhouse is amazing! There is no better food or service in Baton Rouge. Special thanks to Lauren for impeccable service and attention to detail. A truly enjoyable experience.More infoRuth's Chris Steak House - Baton RougePrice: Very Expensive• Steakhouse• Baton Rouge•5
- SSSteveSvipCentral Texas •80 reviews5.0Dined 5 days agoSunday brunch; fabulous food (delicious seafood and traditional brunch fav’s) and great service -AND - Dixieland Jazz band. Perfect finale to a long Thanksgiving weekend with the familyMore infoJuban's Restaurant and BarPrice: Expensive• Creole / Cajun / Southern• Baton Rouge•4.7
- OTOpenTable DinerNew Orleans / Louisiana •2 reviews5.0Dined 7 days agoWe really enjoyed our experience not only because of the food & wine but also due to an exceptional server named Alyssa. She was everything a server should be. She made us feel right at home. She was personable, paid attention to detail, her personality was just amazing. The food was amazing. Everything was on point from beginning to end. The steaks were cooked to perfection. The ambience was great. We love this place!!More infoSullivan's Steakhouse - Baton RougePrice: Expensive• Steakhouse• Baton Rouge•4.2
- OTOpenTable DinerNew Orleans / Louisiana •1 review5.0Dined on Nov 21, 2023I enjoyed this restaurant very much! We celebrated my boyfriend’s birthday & had an amazing time. Our waiter went above and beyond to ensure a wonderful dining experience!More infoSoLou RestaurantPrice: Expensive• Contemporary Southern• Baton Rouge•4.6
- DBDerrickBBaton Rouge / Lafayette •1 review4.0Dined on Jan 2, 2023Great place to eat took wife on anniversary she love itMore infoTexas de Brazil - Baton RougePrice: Expensive• Steakhouse• Baton Rouge•4.4
Discover Baton Rouge
The cultural melting pot of Baton Rouge reflects the diversity of its population in the depth of its dining options. Put simply, if you love seafood, you can't go wrong. Classic fusion cuisines like creole and Cajun are a trademark of this Southern city, but soul food and contemporary fine dining also abound. It's as easy to find great barbecue as it is to find great gumbo in Baton Rouge. And don't forget about crawfish season when you can get your favorite crustaceans prepared a dozen different ways. The city also takes its sweets seriously with even its best dinner menus putting equal emphasis on the quality of their desserts.
Frequently asked questions
As of December 1, 2023 there are 66 restaurants in Baton Rouge. Filter by “outdoor dining”, “romantic” or “dog friendly”.
On OpenTable we support all cuisines. Find Steakhouse, Creole / Cajun / Southern, Contemporary Southern, Creole, Steak and more. Use our filters to find exactly what you’re looking for and make your reservation today.
Yes! We partner with restaurants in Baton Rouge who deliver with Uber Eats, Postmates, ChowNow, Toast, Olo.
Yes, you can also see restaurants near you offering takeout.
Yes! OpenTable provides free, convenient and trusted options to book the best restaurants in Baton Rouge either on OpenTable or directly with the restaurant.
Yes, we partner with a third party to bring back menu information for restaurants near you.
- Louisiana State University
- L'Auberge Baton Rouge
- LSU Rural Life Museum
- Red Stick Farmers Market
- Holiday Inn Baton Rouge College Drive I-10
- Carriage Alley Shopping Center
- Lion Park
- Plaquemine Lock State Historic Site
- Airline Highway Parish Park
- Baton Rouge Marriott
- Acadian Village Shopping Center
- Main Street Historic District
- Highland Road Park
- 40th Street Park
- Brooks Park
- Beauregard Town Historic District
- North 14th Street Park
- Louisiana State University Rural Life Museum
- Belfair Park
- Baton Rouge Little Theater